The Perfect Day -- tell us your own!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2011, 05:16 PM

The Perfect Day -- tell us your own!
We have done the ‘Perfect Life’, ‘The Perfect Love” and now it is time for ‘The Perfect Day’.

We all have examples. A day when everything was just perfect. You got up in the morning and the sun was shining and the birds were singing and you had nothing to worry about.

You had plans for that day – or not – but things just fell in place almost as if by magic.

Today was one of those days for me.

When I woke, I got out of bed without the usual joint pains that come with old age. My wife was awake and we shared a nice breakfast with each other and our four cats who never stop amazing and entertaining us.

Then we processed some orders that came in during the night for our small online book business: one to Japan, one to the UK, 2 for the USA. We love selling books – it is like finding a good home for kittens.

Following that I resumed work on our greenhouse and I finally, completely finished the roof – it is almost ready to plant things in it.

In between I wrote and read posts on this forum, which I find an unbelievable source of inspiration – it is almost as if I had a community again.

I could go on, but you get the picture: a retired couple, living in the country, enjoying every second of our shared existence.

And now the sunset is out of this world -- never mind god -- Nature is the most incredible painter!

So, tell us about your Perfect Day you remember!

I am sure we all would love to hear about it!
Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2011, 06:17 PM
RE: The Perfect Day -- tell us your own!
When I was 11 years old I went on holiday with my Mum and Dad and one of my friends. We went to the Isle of Anglesey in Wales and stopped in a caravan park. It was something I was used to.......being out in nature either camping or caravaning.

I used to go for long walks with my dad all the time and there was moments when he would look out at the landscape and have a strange look in his eye.

He allways tried to teach me about all of the wildlife....the names of birds and plants.....but at that time I wasnt really interested fully.

Going back to the holiday......it was in the morning and me and my friend Tony were waiting for my mum to make breakfast.....so whilst we waited we went and sat on the swings.

I looked out over at snowdonia........and the sight of it took my breath away.....literally......it brought up such emotions I had never experienced before and in that moment I understood fully........this strange faraway look I had seen in my Fathers eyes..........I was feeling........ I got it and I could understand it......and thinking back to it now I think that feeling has never really left me. Sometimes I forget about it..........life does that to you.......but when im meditating or out fishing or walking it comes back.......and it fills me with such love that I simply cannot describe Blush

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2011, 06:38 PM

1967. The Chehoslovak High Tatra Mountains … 10,000 feet up … dawn, the sun just coming up over the horizon, the crest of the mountain covered with fist-sized ice chunks – the sun hitting them sideways – I was in the middle of a diamond field!

…and then I noticed the cloud-fall … as a snake of grayish-pink clouds slowly oozing down from one valley to a lower one at ninety degrees angle – I was standing frozen in awe of all that beauty … will never forget that day.
20-09-2011, 06:43 PM
(20-09-2011 06:38 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  1967. The Chehoslovak High Tatra Mountains … 10,000 feet up … dawn, the sun just coming up over the horizon, the crest of the mountain covered with fist-sized ice chunks – the sun hitting them sideways – I was in the middle of a diamond field!

…and then I noticed the cloud-fall … as a snake of grayish-pink clouds slowly oozing down from one valley to a lower one at ninety degrees angle – I was standing frozen in awe of all that beauty … will never forget that day.

It makes me sad to think that some people may never experience moments like this........because for me personally......life just seems so simple in that moment.

On a side note what have you got planned to grow in your greenhouse???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-09-2011, 06:50 PM

(20-09-2011 06:43 PM)bemore Wrote:  On a side note what have you got planned to grow in your greenhouse???

Peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, lettuce, spinach, leeks, cucumbers,........., we are vegetarians and like to eat well.
23-09-2011, 01:02 AM
I once stole a pack of lip balm and didn't get caught. That was a pretty neat day I'd say. I had a lot of fun when I got home.
Find all posts by this user
23-09-2011, 10:06 PM
I've had 4 perfect days witnessing the births of my 4 now adult children. Those were perfect days.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
25-09-2011, 04:51 PM

(23-09-2011 10:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I've had 4 perfect days witnessing the births of my 4 now adult children. Those were perfect days.

GirlyMan, tell us about your perfect children -- must be remarkable kids if you consider their births as the most perfect days of your life!

Smile
25-09-2011, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2011 08:07 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-09-2011 04:51 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  
(23-09-2011 10:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I've had 4 perfect days witnessing the births of my 4 now adult children. Those were perfect days.

GirlyMan, tell us about your perfect children -- must be remarkable kids if you consider their births as the most perfect days of your life!

My children are far from perfect. They all disappoint me in various ways and I am proud of them in other ways, but that's just what it means to be a parent. But those days where I witnessed their arrival up close and personal into this crazy fucked up place were perfect. It's not what they have or have not become which made those days perfect, it's that they were not and then they were. That's what made them perfect days. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.