The Perfect Holiday Gift for ...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2017, 11:42 AM
The Perfect Holiday Gift for ...
Sometimes you see something and think: "That would be the perfect gift for ...!"
So who would you send the perfect gift?

For President Trump, for Christmas. Something to make him feel warm and safe at night.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2016-02-13-at-12.44.56-PM.png]
[Image: putin-scented-soy-candle-640x533.jpg]

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." The (4th) Doctor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Rockblossom's post
04-12-2017, 12:51 PM
RE: The Perfect Holiday Gift for ...
For a local Muslim family with a newborn...

[Image: bacon_baby.img_assist_custom.jpg]

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
04-12-2017, 07:31 PM
(04-12-2017 11:42 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  Sometimes you see something and think: "That would be the perfect gift for ...!"
So who would you send the perfect gift?

For President Trump, for Christmas. Something to make him feel warm and safe at night.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2016-02-13-at-12.44.56-PM.png]
[Image: putin-scented-soy-candle-640x533.jpg]

You can just see him leaving it burning next to the curtains. Facepalm

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
04-12-2017, 07:36 PM
For me, this year: an American Standard Strat in sunburst, black pickguard, rosewood fingerboard.

Get to work, TTA!
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
04-12-2017, 09:23 PM
(04-12-2017 07:36 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  For me, this year: an American Standard Strat in sunburst, black pickguard, rosewood fingerboard.

Get to work, TTA!

Is rosewood still permissible in guitars, or are you more interested in a vintage instrument?

The CITES rules make it pretty much impossible to use rosewood/family woods in clarinets anymore.
04-12-2017, 09:26 PM
(04-12-2017 09:23 PM)julep Wrote:  
(04-12-2017 07:36 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  For me, this year: an American Standard Strat in sunburst, black pickguard, rosewood fingerboard.

Get to work, TTA!

Is rosewood still permissible in guitars, or are you more interested in a vintage instrument?

The CITES rules make it pretty much impossible to use rosewood/family woods in clarinets anymore.

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
04-12-2017, 09:57 PM
(04-12-2017 09:23 PM)julep Wrote:  

Get to work, TTA!

No, Indian rosewood is transferable so long as it's unworked -- i.e. not shaped or carved. You may also transfer any rosewood (even Braz) across national borders if it's less than 22kg and for personal use, iirc.

So yeah, TTA, get back to work.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
04-12-2017, 10:18 PM
the hardcore republican.

[Image: 2k9e70e563df.jpg]

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post
05-12-2017, 07:21 AM
My wife will find a 500,000,000-year-old trilobite fossil in her stocking this year.
Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
05-12-2017, 11:48 AM
(05-12-2017 07:21 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  My wife will find a 500,000,000-year-old trilobite fossil in her stocking this year.
Thumbsup
Great gift! So .. you couldn't give it to her sooner because you were waiting for it to age properly? Yes
And just out of curiosity, why is it the perfect gift?

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." The (4th) Doctor
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post