The Perfect Ideal World Created By Science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 02:27 PM
RE: The Perfect Ideal World Created By Science
(04-06-2014 01:53 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 01:11 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Shut up and listen. You don't have to put it any other way then you already have. The issue here is not that we don't understand what you are saying. The issue here is that what you are saying is fucking stupid.
It's fallacious pseudointellectual word salad and an appeal to comfortable delusions as being superior to reality. How you want reality to be is utterly irrelevant to how reality actually is.

You can word it in any nonsensical way you want but all you have said of substance in both your threads is that reality makes sad and scared so you going to wrap yourself in a safety blanket of delusions. Grow. Up. Bitch.
The attitude I'm trying to get across is that this is what life has given me. But I will be the one in control and dominate my own life with whatever attitude and perception I want and not what this life "wants" me to have. How is that not inspiring?

It's not that taking control of your own life isn't inspiring. Sure. It sure can be.
Go you.Thumbsup
Go on with your bad self.ThumbsupThumbsup

It's just that somewhere in all that word salad [you're apparently so proud of] you forget to mention that Your perception of reality and what reality actually MAY be miiiiight not be the exact same thing. Which issss a pretty important distinction.
When you wrap your noggin round that little tidbit........... then you are on your way.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
04-06-2014, 03:40 PM
So what it really comes down to is that all of us are entitled to our own views here and no amount of reasoning can change them. I truly believe that my views are not that of some spoiled whiny cowering brat, but some higher perception of my own inspired by the world of fantasy I love and would be the ideal inspiration for others as well, but apparently it's not.
04-06-2014, 04:06 PM
(04-06-2014 03:23 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  Now let me just say this in conclusion which is that for anyone who has a normal pleasurable life, it might seem to that person that a perfect life of pleasure and immortality might devalue any worth that life and pleasure have. But for someone who has one of the worst lives with severe chronic depression, then having the perfect life of pleasure with immortality would likely mean everything to this person and there would be nothing wrong with it. This would be my case as I have chronic depression.

Yeah, and if wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

You are not making any kind of argument - you are just fantasizing.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
04-06-2014, 04:13 PM
(04-06-2014 03:23 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  Now let me just say this in conclusion which is that for anyone who has a normal pleasurable life, it might seem to that person that a perfect life of pleasure and immortality might devalue any worth that life and pleasure have. But for someone who has one of the worst lives with severe chronic depression, then having the perfect life of pleasure with immortality would likely mean everything to this person and there would be nothing wrong with it. This would be my case as I have chronic depression.

They call mine "Major Depressive Disorder". Back in the day they called it "Clinical Depression". They got pharmaceuticals for that.

#sigh
04-06-2014, 05:00 PM
hmmmmm someone has read too many books written by questionable people positing questionable theories. I posit we are all living inside the magical never never land's 7th dimension and our universe is a smeared booger on a glass slide on a giant Troll's favorite microscope...all hail Double Speak the master troll of never never land. Bowing

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
04-06-2014, 05:21 PM
We all have preferences and the fact that I prefer fantasy over reality is just that (a preference). If I were to use my preference to instead criticize and harm others or refuse to help others who need my help, then I would be some immature spoiled person. But the fact that I am just using this preference because it is an inspiration to me and empowers me, then there is obviously nothing wrong with that. As for how I wish to live my life, I choose to make the best of this life while having this attitude (as it is who I am and who I wish to be). Again, as I said, nothing wrong with that either.
04-06-2014, 05:48 PM
The Perfect Ideal World Created By Science
Except, for instance, missing out on reality, living a full life, in favor of living at Disneyland 24/7.

[Image: y3a4yve8.jpg]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
04-06-2014, 05:51 PM
(03-06-2014 08:35 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 08:33 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  He's roughly Half a Jeremy Walker.

I give it 0.74 frankksj's out of excubitor.

This. Is. Perfect.

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
04-06-2014, 05:55 PM
(04-06-2014 05:51 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 08:35 AM)cjlr Wrote:  I give it 0.74 frankksj's out of excubitor.

This. Is. Perfect.

Thanks, I try.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
04-06-2014, 06:48 PM
(04-06-2014 01:53 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 01:11 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Shut up and listen. You don't have to put it any other way then you already have. The issue here is not that we don't understand what you are saying. The issue here is that what you are saying is fucking stupid.
It's fallacious pseudointellectual word salad and an appeal to comfortable delusions as being superior to reality. How you want reality to be is utterly irrelevant to how reality actually is.

You can word it in any nonsensical way you want but all you have said of substance in both your threads is that reality makes sad and scared so you going to wrap yourself in a safety blanket of delusions. Grow. Up. Bitch.
The attitude I'm trying to get across is that this is what life has given me. But I will be the one in control and dominate my own life with whatever attitude and perception I want and not what this life "wants" me to have. How is that not inspiring?

If someone was to set you on fire and you proceed to pretended that you were not on fire, and continued to act as if you were not on fire would you or would you not just burn?
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post