The Perfect Ideal World Created By Science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2014, 07:15 PM
RE: The Perfect Ideal World Created By Science
When you believe something that is unproven, the reasons why you believe, carry no weight because you need to justify your reasons with evidence other wise your belief is irrational.

If you don't care whether or not your beliefs are true then by all means, go ahead and have as many irrational beliefs as you want. Just don't vote in any elections

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
03-06-2014, 07:18 PM
(03-06-2014 07:15 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  When you believe something that is unproven, the reasons why you believe, carry no weight because you need to justify your reasons with evidence other wise your belief is irrational.

If you don't care whether or not your beliefs are true then by all means, go ahead and have as many irrational beliefs as you want. Just don't vote in any elections
Going by what you just said, other people's atheist perceptions would be irrational as well and carry no weight against my reasonings.
03-06-2014, 07:19 PM
(03-06-2014 07:18 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 07:15 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  When you believe something that is unproven, the reasons why you believe, carry no weight because you need to justify your reasons with evidence other wise your belief is irrational.

Going by what you just said, other people's atheist perceptions would be irrational as well and carry no weight against my reasonings.

What are "atheist perceptions"?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-06-2014, 07:20 PM
(03-06-2014 07:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 07:18 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  Going by what you just said, other people's atheist perceptions would be irrational as well and carry no weight against my reasonings.

What are "atheist perceptions"?
All the reasonings that were presented here to try to go against my reasonings.
03-06-2014, 07:22 PM
(03-06-2014 07:20 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 07:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  What are "atheist perceptions"?
All the reasonings that were presented here to try to go against my reasonings.

I'm not arguing with your reasoning, just pointing out that reason alone is not sufficient.

You must have evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-06-2014, 07:29 PM
The Perfect Ideal World Created By Science
You mean like:
[Image: ynu8yvu3.jpg]

http://epiphenom.fieldofscience.com/2011...r.html?m=1

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
03-06-2014, 07:32 PM
(03-06-2014 07:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 07:12 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  I may not be able to convince anyone, but as long as I can get to the point where no one can any longer find any reasons to argue against my reasonings, then that would be good enough and might have the potential to convince someone anyway. It might come down to a situation such as "I can't argue against what you just said, but I still have my own beliefs and you still have yours. Therefore, I cannot be convinced of your belief." Even such a situation like this would be good enough for me.

Good enough for what?
Good enough in terms of trying to convince others of my beliefs. I may not be able to accomplish this, but it will be the closest thing to my goal I can achieve. Therefore, go ahead and point something out about my reasonings thus far that you still disagree with despite all the arguments I have made so far.

(03-06-2014 07:29 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  You mean like:

But that would just be evidence in terms of importance of God and not what I've been presenting.
03-06-2014, 07:36 PM
(03-06-2014 07:32 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 07:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  Good enough for what?
Good enough in terms of trying to convince others of my beliefs. I may not be able to accomplish this, but it will be the closest thing to my goal I can achieve. Therefore, go ahead and point something out about my reasonings thus far that you still disagree with despite all the arguments I have made so far.

(03-06-2014 07:29 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  You mean like:

But that would just be evidence in terms of importance of God and not what I've been presenting.

You have presented zero evidence. You have only presented personal beliefs. Rah rah for you. We want evidence. Facts.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 3 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
03-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Ok what do you believe and why do you believe it ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
03-06-2014, 07:38 PM
(03-06-2014 06:03 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  When science has achieved absolute perfection ...

It will no longer be science. Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like TheBear's post