The Perfect Ideal World Created By Science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 03:34 AM
RE: The Perfect Ideal World Created By Science
[Image: FallaciesPoster.jpg]

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Charis's post
04-06-2014, 03:38 AM
(03-06-2014 07:32 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 07:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  Good enough for what?
Good enough in terms of trying to convince others of my beliefs. I may not be able to accomplish this, but it will be the closest thing to my goal I can achieve.

And why would you want to convince people regardless of whether it is correct or not? Sounds like you're lying for Jesus.

Determining the logical consistency is only useful for disproving an argument, not for proving it. It is also useful for making suggestions for what could be the case but this then requires real-world observations, tests and evidence.

Say I came up with a hypothesis for whole life began. On the face of it, it seems plausible but then someone comes along and shows that it is logically inconsistent. The hypothesis would be scrapped.

The scientific field of Artificial Life for example explores how life could be, not as it is. It essentially tests the logical consistency of different theories, but until the relevance of those theories are tested in the real world by collecting data, they are just theories.

If you continue trying to only in terms of logic and dismissing the role of evidence then it will be clear to us that you are not interested in the truth but in pushing a particular theistic agenda and you can be easily dismissed.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
04-06-2014, 05:08 AM
Perfection?

How utterly absurd! Any scientific mind rejects the very idea of perfection. That is why god is impossible.

Perfection is impossible. No room for improvement, No room for creativity, No room for advancement or change and no room for imagination to run free.

The moment you become perfect is the moment you become Obsolete. There is no such thing as a perfect ideal or a perfect anything. Because, once you have achieved that perfection. Something will come along that will become better then that which came before it.

God was perfect and still is perfect in the eyes of the religious....and look at humanity. We are far more creative, intelligent and moral than god ever has been. We have surpassed this deity in nearly everything. We are far more forgiving, rational, loving, and do not consider even for a second that a finite transgression is warrant for a infinite punishment.

We are more perfect then what is the most perfect thing ever. Someday, something will come along that is more perfect than we are today if we allow ourselves to become stagnant and loose our imagination.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
04-06-2014, 06:44 AM
And Thomas Edison said, "Let there be light," and there was light.
[+] 2 users Like Snowflake's post
04-06-2014, 08:21 AM
From the OP's other thread:

(19-05-2014 11:27 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  
(19-05-2014 10:19 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  The entirety of your argument when stripped to it's foundations is this: My delusion is just as good as reality.
And that would be true and there is nothing wrong with that.

You guys and gals are wasting your time with this individual. He couldn't care less about evidence or reality.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
04-06-2014, 08:35 AM
My goal in life is to hate all things lesser "inferior" to me, and through this hatred feel empowered and superior from it. In this case, these concepts of life (such as life not being perfect and full of struggles) is inferior to me. Therefore, what I said shouldn't make you feel bad--instead it should make you feel hatred towards these concepts of life in a way that makes you feel more empowered and superior.

There are two known types of attitudes in life: 1.) The attitude of accepting life's struggles and such, and 2.) Feeling negative about yourself and life's problems. But there is also a 3rd attitude that not too many people are aware of (an attitude that I created and discovered myself) which is to have hatred towards life's problems not in such a way that makes you feel less of a person and negative about yourself, but in a way that makes you feel empowered and superior. This 3rd attitude is my attitude in life (because for me, accepting life's problems is like allowing and accepting some bullshit of a person to rule my life by giving me problems. This life is like this bullshit of a person and all of life's problems are something given to me by this said person).
04-06-2014, 08:40 AM
(04-06-2014 08:35 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  My goal in life is to hate all things lesser "inferior" to me, and through this hatred feel empowered and superior from it. In this case, these concepts of life (such as life not being perfect and full of struggles) is inferior to me. Therefore, what I said shouldn't make you feel bad--instead it should make you feel hatred towards these concepts of life in a way that makes you feel more empowered and superior.

There are two known types of attitudes in life: 1.) The attitude of accepting life's struggles and such, and 2.) Feeling negative about yourself and life's problems. But there is also a 3rd attitude that not too many people are aware of (an attitude that I created and discovered myself) which is to have hatred towards life's problems not in such a way that makes you feel less of a person and negative about yourself, but in a way that makes you feel empowered and superior. This 3rd attitude is my attitude in life (because for me, accepting life's problems is like allowing and accepting some bullshit of a person to rule my life by giving me problems. This life is like this bullshit of a person and all of life's problems are something given to me by this said person).

And lsrgn eg aserg;ophi --9uargkbdsv to you too! Angry

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
04-06-2014, 08:43 AM
(04-06-2014 08:35 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  My goal in life is to hate all things lesser "inferior" to me, and through this hatred feel empowered and superior from it. In this case, these concepts of life (such as life not being perfect and full of struggles) is inferior to me. Therefore, what I said shouldn't make you feel bad--instead it should make you feel hatred towards these concepts of life in a way that makes you feel more empowered and superior.

Hate never solved anything, Buddy.

And here's another tip: You are not superior. You are not inferior, either, but get that superior crap out of your head.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
04-06-2014, 11:15 AM

Word salad, false trichotomy, delusions of grandure and the idiotically childish attitude of ignoring reality when you don't like it and replacing it with whatever delusion you do like.

You have nothing of worth or substance to add to this forum.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
04-06-2014, 11:19 AM
Thread Summary

OP is scared of the dark and the things that go bump therein and has chosen fantasy and delusion over turning on the light and seeing what is really there. Our OP need to accept that he is going to die.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post