The Perseid Meteor Shower!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2012, 02:09 AM
RE: The Perseid Meteor Shower!!
It's stil going on here... but I'm starting to conk out. And we're getting intermittent cloud cover.
Man - there's a lot of activity up there... it's beautiful! Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2012, 02:12 AM
More instruction from Nasa... cause they know this stuff. Yes

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
12-08-2012, 05:45 AM
CURSE YOU CLOUDS. YOU FOILED MY PERSEID METEOR SHOWER PLANS AGAIN. I WILL NEVER GIVE IN. YOU HEAR ME? NEVER!!!

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 2 users Like robotworld's post
12-08-2012, 11:43 AM
We had a half hour break in the cloud cover right above us. Saw lots. Two really spectacular ones. It was a good show.
Tonight is supposed to be perfectly clear here, so I'm hoping to see an even better show.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
12-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Yes, should be clearer for me tonight, as well - I hope. I really wanted to see it just before dawn this morning, but the clouds rolled in solid at about 3am and blew it for me.
Consider Hmm... I might even head out into the wild. Kind of easy - the wild for me is only about 10 minutes away. Tongue

12-08-2012, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 12:51 PM by Erxomai.)
Sadly there was way too much light pollution for me to get a lot of action, but did see enough to make it worth while. And it was even more worth while to stay up til 3:30 to see Venus rise and be in alignment with the crescent moon and Jupiter.

I was also inspired to download The Night Sky App on my iPhone. I give it 2 big thumbs up! The best .99 I've spent on an app and it was worth another 1.99 to get even more info loaded in the program. Want to know what stars and constellations you're looking at? Hold up your phone screen and you'll know. Want to know more info about that star? Tap the button and get all kinds of sciency info that I have no idea what it means...but it's cool! Want to know what satellites and rocket bodies are floating over your head? Hit the satellite button and you'll know. Damn, the Ruskies have a lot of rocket bodies floating around out there!

EDIT: Oh, and I would be remiss if I didn't inform you that The Night Sky App helped me locate Uranus.

Sadly, you had too many Klingons around it so I couldn't see it. Laughat

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
12-08-2012, 12:58 PM
(12-08-2012 12:47 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Oh, and I would be remiss if I didn't inform you that The Night Sky App helped me locate Uranus.

Sadly, you had too many Klingons around it so I couldn't see it. Laughat

Unsure
Damn.

[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
12-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Was kind of really tired and ill (fever).
Daughter woke me up at night. and I saw one shooting star out of the window. Made me sleep peacefully!

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 2 users Like Observer's post
12-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Night sky app is awesome. I've had it for quote a while and still use it all the time.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
12-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Hmm, I'll have to check this out tonight, see if I can see something.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.