Poll: Far-fetched or unnervingly possible?
Far-fetched
Unnervingly possible
I’m stocking ammo as we speak
America will be great again
[Show Results]

The Pessimist’s Guide to 2017

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2016, 04:06 PM
What do you think? Far-fetched or unnervingly possible?

December 5, 2016
By John Fraher, Flavia Krause-Jackson and Mira Rojanasakul
Donald Trump and Brexit shocked most of the world in 2016.

But not readers of last year’s Bloomberg Pessimist’s Guide, which warned that the unthinkable could happen in both cases. Now the authors are turning their attention to 2017.

From social breakdown in the U.S. to a nuclear crisis in North Korea to the defeat of Angela Merkel in Germany, the potential for chaos is just as great.

These aren’t predictions. But they show what your social-media news feed could look like if things go wrong.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/pessi...e-to-2017/

Excerpts:

“Slamming what he calls #CrookedChina, Trump tweets at 3:17 a.m. on the morning of his inauguration that he’s planning to label the country a currency manipulator and slap “huge” tariffs on incoming imports.”

"Trump spends his first months in office calling into question U.S. commitments around the world. First, he suspends U.S membership in NATO, then in the United Nations. America’s traditional foes thrive in the vacuum.”

“Given their historical ties, President Raul Castro lets the Russians reopen an intelligence base in Havana.”

“With Trump deciding the Middle East is just not America’s problem anymore, tensions between Saudi Arabia and Iran lead to direct armed confrontation."

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
06-12-2016, 04:24 PM
RE: The Pessimist’s Guide to 2017
It's gonna be huuuuggggge.

#sigh
06-12-2016, 05:07 PM
(06-12-2016 04:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It's gonna be huuuuggggge.

I think that's 'yuuuuuuggggge'.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-12-2016, 05:25 PM
It's gonna suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! Right about 32 inches of mercury. Gasp

(yes, I know that is physically impossible, it's hyperbole)
06-12-2016, 05:30 PM
(06-12-2016 04:06 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  What do you think? Far-fetched or unnervingly possible?

Excerpts:

“Slamming what he calls #CrookedChina, Trump tweets at 3:17 a.m. on the morning of his inauguration that he’s planning to label the country a currency manipulator and slap “huge” tariffs on incoming imports.”

Nah. They hold > 1 trillion in US debt which they could sell off. They have us by the balls. He also owns a company there. He has to watch out. If he did that, the source for cheap shit at Wal-Mart is kaput.

Quote:“With Trump deciding the Middle East is just not America’s problem anymore, tensions between Saudi Arabia and Iran lead to direct armed confrontation."

I'm not sure he knows what "Middle East" means.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-12-2016, 05:59 PM
Sigh. I donno. I STILL can't watch tv with trump on the news. I have to leave the room.

I'm hoping for a few things though. As insane as it sounds, and I really hate to say this Sadcryface but I'm hoping that trump (still refuse to capitalize the first letter of his name) ....I'm hoping that he gets so out of control that it gets to be a national crisis. I'm hoping that things get so bad that even republicans, yes even the hard line republicans realize how insane this man is. I'm hoping that the voting public gets so emotionally tired of trumps antics that he is impeached for incompetence or something. Then if that happens and Pence becomes President that Pence will be tarnished by having associated politically with trump and the voting public just wants a normal human being living in the White House doing normal Presidential stuff.

Other than that........
[Image: shitcreek.gif]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.