The Phone Call

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2013, 07:06 PM
The Phone Call

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Hughsie's post
04-04-2013, 07:13 PM
RE: The Phone Call
That gave me chills

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

04-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Is this for real? Not a couple of actors? Maybe it's been awhile since I've argued with a family member, but this just sounded...fishy. Please forgive my skepticism.
If real I want some follow up on this kid (sounded young)!

04-04-2013, 08:14 PM
(04-04-2013 08:09 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Is this for real? Not a couple of actors? Maybe it's been awhile since I've argued with a family member, but this just sounded...fishy. Please forgive my skepticism.

I don't think it's real. I think it's just a representation of the sort of call a lot of people go through.

I don't actually know though so don't take my word as (get ready for it) ........ gospel (yeah bitches, I made the worst joke ever).

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 3 users Like Hughsie's post
04-04-2013, 08:18 PM
(04-04-2013 08:14 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 08:09 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Is this for real? Not a couple of actors? Maybe it's been awhile since I've argued with a family member, but this just sounded...fishy. Please forgive my skepticism.

I don't think it's real. I think it's just a representation of the sort of call a lot of people go through.

I don't actually know though so don't take my word as (get ready for it) ........ gospel (yeah bitches, I made the worst joke ever).

Yes that was my take...not a real phone conversation...but very similar to what my grandma and others in that branch of the family said to me.

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

04-04-2013, 08:26 PM
(04-04-2013 08:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 08:14 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I don't think it's real. I think it's just a representation of the sort of call a lot of people go through.

Yes that was my take...not a real phone conversation...but very similar to what my grandma and others in that branch of the family said to me.

I had just assumed it was scripted.

Semper requiremus veritatis.
04-04-2013, 08:34 PM
After all we've done for you?

After all we've done to you.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like bbeljefe's post
04-04-2013, 08:53 PM
(04-04-2013 08:34 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  After all we've done for you?

To be fair, they're passing on what was taught to them. Until someone breaks the chain, it's pretty much self-perpetuating. Believe me, I know. Undecided

[+] 2 users Like FrostyMan's post
04-04-2013, 09:04 PM
(04-04-2013 08:53 PM)FrostyMan Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 08:34 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  After all we've done for you?

To be fair, they're passing on what was taught to them. Until someone breaks the chain, it's pretty much self-perpetuating. Believe me, I know. Undecided

Right.... and they did the best they could with the knowledge they had.

Well, if that's the moral standard... doing the best one can, then children should never be disciplined because they're doing the best they can with the knowledge they have. Trouble is, parents don't allow their innocent children the same leeway they afford themselves.

So my argument is that if the child has to take full responsibility and punishment for not following some arbitrary, baseless rules then the parents should take full responsibility and punishment for not breaking the chain.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like bbeljefe's post
04-04-2013, 09:10 PM
(04-04-2013 09:04 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 08:53 PM)FrostyMan Wrote:  To be fair, they're passing on what was taught to them. Until someone breaks the chain, it's pretty much self-perpetuating. Believe me, I know. Undecided

Right.... and they did the best they could with the knowledge they had.

Well, if that's the moral standard... doing the best one can, then children should never be disciplined because they're doing the best they can with the knowledge they have. Trouble is, parents don't allow their innocent children the same leeway they afford themselves.

So my argument is that if the child has to take full responsibility and punishment for not following some arbitrary, baseless rules then the parents should take full responsibility and punishment for not breaking the chain.

As someone who was raised by religious parents, I agree that it's ridiculous. I am thankful that my parents are more happy for the fact that I have an informed opinion about the world than they are shocked that I'm an atheist.

[+] 1 user Likes FrostyMan's post