The Plan! KC's POV becoming clearer to me.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2012, 09:07 AM

The Plan! KC's POV becoming clearer to me.
The Plan

This morning in my early morning waking haze my brain rebooted and started thinking about KC’s POV.
By the time I had conditioner in my hair, it started making sense, more sense than other Christian doctrines have in the past (don’t worry, I am not converting).

We jab at him for the Preordained Plan stuff. But if it was not designed top to bottom as a total plan, then God is basically as powerless to the winds of change as we are. He’s simply reacting to things around him.

Satan’s fall……….was god heating up hot wings during the half time commercial and missed it? OR did he preordain Satan’s rebellion and he played along knowing all along that he’s preordained a Condo in a Volcano for him. It was planned and god got an Oscar for his performance. He knew the script but acted perfectly just the same.

It’s a terrible preordained plan, no doubt. One that required Mass Genocide for starters.

It seems the plan’s punch line has to be with this preordained grand finale of a war with Satan (poor Satan was framed).

God knows what KC is having for lunch, as he preordained it. The loan on the house that was denied, god knew it all along……..and so forth. KC’s just a puppet on a string. Zero Freewill.

Now, here’s the thing…..if I were preordained and chosen..knowing this magical place awaits me….I’d be a party freaking fool down here.

Where is the moral imperative to do good? Why bother? Yeah yeah, it seems the nice thing to do, but why not act a fool?

The worst he could do is kill himself in a Drug & Booze fueled Jackass stunt, but then he’s on the highway to heaven…he wins, or do something stupid and survive that he ends up spending this life in jail. But why not just go ape shit just below the bar of Death and Incarceration? Yeah, there’s this book…half Metaphor half truth…but so what? He’s one of the beautiful people that can do no wrong. No matter how bad he screws the pooch he’s got daddy warbucks on the wings with bail.

The plan makes sense in the fact that when it ‘appears’ to us unchosen that god is out of control (satans fall, bad people need a flushing, etc) but to those that believe in the plan…it shows gods in control the whole time. NOTHING is out of order.

KC’s plan is becoming clear. I just don’t see the need to be moral if you are chosen.

Now, everytime I type the word s THE PLAN…I think of this….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLCej27ot4w

Wait for the final text of that video!

Peace,
The Unchosen Denicio
Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2012, 09:16 AM
RE: The Plan! KC's POV becoming clearer to me.
I think you're thinking about me way too much, buddy.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like kingschosen's post
16-02-2012, 09:33 AM
I think personally he uses the preordained jibber jabber as an excuse to be good because he can't explain why he prefers it.

It's like when I was younger I wasn't a very nice person an I did extremely reckless and horrid things. Most of the time because its what fit. I didn't prefer it or anything else, it was what I knew and at the time I was also havin a hard time distinguishing feelings anyways.
But over time I experimented with different ways to live and develipwd preferences. Kind of lame ones or at least that's how they would be percieved by most people my age.
I like to do very little most of the time. I like relaxing and watching the world do its stuff. I like to read and learn. I like to watch a movie with my family or play skyrim like a junkie. Uh oh I'm boring.
When people ask me why I usually say its because I've been here done that and it bores me now so I do lame stuff.
This is true but the thing is I don't know why I prefer these things over the others. Unlike KC I don't think it's because god makes me, I like to think there's more to me than that.

I can see where not knowing why you are the way you are can be disconcerting and might force the new to come up with a quick explanation, but for me I like the mystery. Gives me something to read about.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
16-02-2012, 09:41 AM

(16-02-2012 09:16 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I think you're thinking about me way too much, buddy.

Nah, its what my brain does. It never stops. Even when i have my quiet moments, its still buzzing. I think about this stuff all the time. Having been abused by Southern Baptist indoctrination its a big part of my life. I do feel like an ex cult member.

You just seem to be a bit of a new pedigree of a very old breed.

I never accept anything at face value either. I study, over study and put it all under a microscope. My ipod is FULL of debates on this stuff and i have as many books waiting to be read as i do have read.

Right now i am JUST starting the gigantic task of Robert Prices' Pre Nicene New Testament (at home) and here at the office I'm finishing up Godless...with CS Lewis''Mere Christianity" waiting on me...with an Ehrman and Dawkins book waiting right behind it.

Its way to easy to simply beat up on you for your 'alien abduction' story. I'd rather peel back the layers and try to understand you (and others like you) more.

Don't worry, i am not whacking it in the shower with a mental image of KC :-)
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
16-02-2012, 10:18 AM
(16-02-2012 09:07 AM)Denicio Wrote:  The Plan

This morning in my early morning waking haze my brain rebooted and started thinking about KC’s POV.
By the time I had conditioner in my hair, it started making sense, more sense than other Christian doctrines have in the past (don’t worry, I am not converting).

We jab at him for the Preordained Plan stuff. But if it was not designed top to bottom as a total plan, then God is basically as powerless to the winds of change as we are. He’s simply reacting to things around him.

Satan’s fall……….was god heating up hot wings during the half time commercial and missed it? OR did he preordain Satan’s rebellion and he played along knowing all along that he’s preordained a Condo in a Volcano for him. It was planned and god got an Oscar for his performance. He knew the script but acted perfectly just the same.

It’s a terrible preordained plan, no doubt. One that required Mass Genocide for starters.

It seems the plan’s punch line has to be with this preordained grand finale of a war with Satan (poor Satan was framed).

God knows what KC is having for lunch, as he preordained it. The loan on the house that was denied, god knew it all along……..and so forth. KC’s just a puppet on a string. Zero Freewill.

Now, here’s the thing…..if I were preordained and chosen..knowing this magical place awaits me….I’d be a party freaking fool down here.

Where is the moral imperative to do good? Why bother? Yeah yeah, it seems the nice thing to do, but why not act a fool?

The worst he could do is kill himself in a Drug & Booze fueled Jackass stunt, but then he’s on the highway to heaven…he wins, or do something stupid and survive that he ends up spending this life in jail. But why not just go ape shit just below the bar of Death and Incarceration? Yeah, there’s this book…half Metaphor half truth…but so what? He’s one of the beautiful people that can do no wrong. No matter how bad he screws the pooch he’s got daddy warbucks on the wings with bail.

The plan makes sense in the fact that when it ‘appears’ to us unchosen that god is out of control (satans fall, bad people need a flushing, etc) but to those that believe in the plan…it shows gods in control the whole time. NOTHING is out of order.

KC’s plan is becoming clear. I just don’t see the need to be moral if you are chosen.

Peace,
The Unchosen Denicio

With no free will, I'd think in KC's model of Christianity, one who was chosen could not choose to party and act the fool. God wouldn't will it, so his chosen can't do it. Not that you'd be prevented from doing it if you tried, but you wouldn't have the desire. If you had the desire, you wouldn't be he chosen. I can't quite agree with this model, but if you're willing to argue that God exists, we're all puppets and can't know God's plan (because from what I gather, it doesn't make sense - too much killing), I guess it could make sense...

Better without God, and happier too.
16-02-2012, 10:26 AM

(16-02-2012 10:18 AM)Azaraith Wrote:  
(16-02-2012 09:07 AM)Denicio Wrote:  The Plan

Peace,
The Unchosen Denicio

With no free will, I'd think in KC's model of Christianity, one who was chosen could not choose to party and act the fool. God wouldn't will it, so his chosen can't do it. Not that you'd be prevented from doing it if you tried, but you wouldn't have the desire. If you had the desire, you wouldn't be he chosen. I can't quite agree with this model, but if you're willing to argue that God exists, we're all puppets and can't know God's plan (because from what I gather, it doesn't make sense - too much killing), I guess it could make sense...

I'm still trying to get my head around THE WASTE part of THE PLAN.

God knew only a select few were chosen (out of the billions) and so the rest of us are just factory seconds headed for the incinerator. Seems like such a waste.

Even in manufacturing there are engineers that continuously improve the process to reduce waste. Seems that god's not interested in Continuous Improvement. All the wasted human lives, that he loves, will be sent to hell simply due to the fact they did not make the VIP list. Well, not that we did not make it...but he did not choose us for the VIP list. If we TRIED to make it, it would be an exercise in futility.

Simply put, god is the type of parent that 'chooses favorites' out of his kids.

D
16-02-2012, 10:33 AM
He can't be amoral or immoral unless God gives him the desire to do so. So he can't choose to kill himself or booze it up even if he wants to.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
16-02-2012, 10:41 AM
I have been keeping 5 beers in the fridge for about one month. I just don't feel like drinking and I don't have the right company to get me started. I must be elect or something.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 1 user Likes Malleus's post
16-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Hey D,
It's the extravagant amount of waste that brings so much glory to the son. It makes salvation for the precious few all the more important to them. Those few are loved by God and thus spared torment worse than anything we can imagine. Of course they're going to worship God for his mercy upon their otherwise useless souls.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
16-02-2012, 10:51 AM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2012 10:53 AM by TalladegaTom.)
(16-02-2012 10:41 AM)Malleus Wrote:  I have been keeping 5 beers in the fridge for about one month. I just don't feel like drinking and I don't have the right company to get me started. I must be elect or something.

Nah, it's just the wrong beer. If it was good beer, it would be gone by now. Wink
(16-02-2012 10:26 AM)Denicio Wrote:  ... I'm still trying to get my head around THE WASTE part of THE PLAN.
Simply put, god is the type of parent that 'chooses favorites' out of his kids.
D

Me too.
God hates the Chinese.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user