The Pledge of Allegiance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2011, 03:01 PM

The Pledge of Allegiance
Today, I read something that made me lost all the faith I had in mankind. I am uncertain of whether this website is a parody or not, but I sincerely hope it is.

Either way, the owner of this website (or tumblr account) stated that "if America was founded to be a non-Christian nation, why is 'under God' included in the Pledge of Allegiance?"

Does he/she not realise that the pledge was written in 1892, and "under God" was first added in 1954? You can read more of his bull excrement at checkmateatheists.tumblr.com. What do you think? Is this a parody, or is it genuine (stupidity)?
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2011, 04:57 PM
RE: The Pledge of Allegiance
"if there is no god, why does everyone follow the 10 commandments". I laughed at that ive yet to meet a christian or anyone for that matter that followed them to a t, plus there are alot more than ten most religious people dont know that because they havn't read the bible.

Everything about that link sets off my troll detector.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2011, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2011 05:16 PM by NotSoVacuous.)
Not to be rude but your literacy skills would have to be total shit for this site not to scream satire.

OP, I want you to browse to June 6th on that site. Read that, and excuse me while I go jump off a cliff.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
12-09-2011, 05:16 PM
That was still kind of rude.

Evolve
12-09-2011, 05:23 PM
(12-09-2011 05:16 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  That was still kind of rude.

Sorry, I'm a contempt kind of person when it comes to stupid.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
12-09-2011, 05:28 PM
(12-09-2011 05:23 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  
(12-09-2011 05:16 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  That was still kind of rude.

Sorry, I'm a contempt kind of person when it comes to stupid.

Understandable. In the future, don't preference it with a statement like that, it sets it up to seem rude.

Evolve
12-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Some of the statements on that site are so stupid I kept looking for a "sponsored by The Onion" disclaimer.

“There is no sin except stupidity.” Oscar Wilde
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2011, 08:44 PM
This didn't set off the satire alarms?

[Image: tumblr_lolqvrUR7p1qj9k6oo1_500.png]

LMAO!

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 1 user Likes Azaraith's post
12-09-2011, 09:37 PM
(12-09-2011 03:01 PM)Mark Wrote:  Today, I read something that made me lost all the faith I had in mankind. I am uncertain of whether this website is a parody or not, but I sincerely hope it is.

Either way, the owner of this website (or tumblr account) stated that "if America was founded to be a non-Christian nation, why is 'under God' included in the Pledge of Allegiance?"

Does he/she not realise that the pledge was written in 1892, and "under God" was first added in 1954? You can read more of his bull excrement at checkmateatheists.tumblr.com. What do you think? Is this a parody, or is it genuine (stupidity)?

It is a form of indoctrinating children, religiously, and nationally.
When I was in school, they rightfully removed the pledge. Then a few years later, reestablished the tradition.
I refused to pretend to say it afterwards.

The whole idea of making someone state the pledge every day, regardless of the word "in god" is ridiculous. It is proven fact that the more you hear something, never mind how ridiculous it is, the more likely you are to believe it. A pledge is an oath, something a child cant understand, and thus its mere brainwashing.

Blind Patriotism is as much of a disease as religion.
[+] 2 users Like mysticjbyrd's post
12-09-2011, 11:23 PM

After seeing the one about the moon, I think it's safe to say that this person is a troll. Thank God! (no pun intended). Although, in case I'm wrong, we may have discovered a whole new form of stupid, or, as he said...
[Image: tumblr_lr6to98jvH1qj9k6oo1_500.png]

We may just have found that hybrid.
Quote this message in a reply