The Pledge of Allegiance in School

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2014, 02:36 PM
RE: The Pledge of Allegiance in School
(07-06-2014 04:42 PM)TSW Wrote:  This coming September I am faced with the difficult decision of whether or not I let my child recite the Pledge.

Freshman in High School was when I stopped pledging and just sat there. Never suffered any repercussions from it. It was my call to make. Just let your kids know it's their call to make. Don't call it for them. Thumbsup

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2014, 02:32 PM
(15-06-2014 02:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-06-2014 04:42 PM)TSW Wrote:  This coming September I am faced with the difficult decision of whether or not I let my child recite the Pledge.

Freshman in High School was when I stopped pledging and just sat there. Never suffered any repercussions from it. It was my call to make. Just let your kids know it's their call to make. Don't call it for them. Thumbsup

I remember when I never stood up for the pledge. Now you have to or you get a detention.

[Image: hyena_icon_large_by_griffsnuff-d3juy9l.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
16-06-2014, 05:55 PM
(15-06-2014 02:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I have to disagree. A six-year old is in no position to make that decision. As a parent, my rule of thumb with the school and teachers is that if it is adults in authority who are being unfair to the students, it is my job to run interference, adult-to-adult.
16-06-2014, 05:59 PM
(16-06-2014 02:32 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 02:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Freshman in High School was when I stopped pledging and just sat there. Never suffered any repercussions from it. It was my call to make. Just let your kids know it's their call to make. Don't call it for them. Thumbsup

I remember when I never stood up for the pledge. Now you have to or you get a detention.

It is illegal at the state AND federal level for you to suffer any repercussions whatsoever from school staff or teachers due to your decision to abstain from the Pledge of Allegiance. If you can show a pattern of abuse, you can sue the school district into budgetary purgatory, upon which constituency hell will soon follow.