The Pledge of Allegiance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2011, 01:20 PM
RE: The Pledge of Allegiance
Maybe saying "one nation, under the sun" would work better for the pledge. -shrug-

I'm sure that if the pledge was taught without the "under God" line, some kid would tell their parents, and the parents would throw a fit.

The problem with identifying this blog immediately as satire is that there are people in the world that are this dumb, and there are people that have reasoning skills that are this poor.

- Chip
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-09-2011, 05:45 PM
(15-09-2011 12:22 PM)axiom90 Wrote:  I'm going to be an elementary teacher in a couple of years and I can't stand the fact that I'm going to have to lead the class in the pledge. I keep telling myself that they're just words, but it still bothers me.

Just say "one nation, under dog..." and claim you are dyslexic. Tongue

Better without God, and happier too.
18-09-2011, 11:35 AM
(14-09-2011 10:44 AM)monkeyshine89 Wrote:  Perhaps it's a protest against saying the stupid pledge every day? After all... why would I pledge my allegiance to a...flag?

1. I think that patriotism and nationalism are usually ingredients for disaster... I think the little 'chant' every day is nothing short of brainwashing.

2. The pledge is a mockery, liberty and justice for all? Yeah... right.

I think humans need to drop this nationalistic bullshit and work together if we are to survive as a species.

You are correct about why I said it the way I did.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-09-2011, 01:40 PM
(15-09-2011 12:22 PM)axiom90 Wrote:  I'm going to be an elementary teacher in a couple of years and I can't stand the fact that I'm going to have to lead the class in the pledge. I keep telling myself that they're just words, but it still bothers me.

My 6th grade teacher, a long time ago, told us that we did not need to do the pledge if we did not want to.

PS: Is this site a joke?
18-09-2011, 03:30 PM
I don't know if this site is legit or not. Normally I would think this HAS to be satire. But, about a week ago I saw a video about some guy trying to prove that the Earth is not round and does not rotate by flying a toy helicopter off his pick up truck -- and he was dead serious about this.

So, now I think people are capable of much greater levels of stupidity than I originally thought and think that perhaps this guy is for real. Seems unlikely but ..... there is that guy with the truck and the toy helicopter trying to prove the Earth does not rotate so .....

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
18-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Nobody here has ever seen Edwardcurrent on youtube?! It looks like this is either his tumblr or someone is copying his style. Here's some of Edwardcurrents videos

Definitely a troll / poe
19-09-2011, 10:13 PM
(18-09-2011 03:32 PM)tjv323 Wrote:  Nobody here has ever seen Edwardcurrent on youtube?! It looks like this is either his tumblr or someone is copying his style. Here's some of Edwardcurrents videos

Definitely a troll / poe

I'm subscribed to Ed on YouTube, so I knew it was a troll the second I read "Checkmate, Atheists!" Even though the mystery has been solved, I made this poster that others can use:

[Image: porkypigallegianceposte.png]
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
20-09-2011, 09:32 AM

The courts have ruled that students can't be required to say the pledge if it is against their religious beliefs. That is why Jehovah's Witnesses are exempted from it. Perhaps you should check into whether this exemption applies to teachers too.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
20-09-2011, 09:45 AM
(20-09-2011 09:32 AM)theophilus Wrote:  

The courts have ruled that students can't be required to say the pledge if it is against their religious beliefs. That is why Jehovah's Witnesses are exempted from it. Perhaps you should check into whether this exemption applies to teachers too.

Yea. I find it hard to believe that they can actually require anyone to say it. Maybe they "strongly encourage" it. But if that is the case and I were in your shoes I would just say the original version with indivisible.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
20-09-2011, 09:51 AM
I strongly encourage you to not say the original, it could be very bad for your career. I'd say either don't say it at all (no one will notice) or suck it up and say the pledge the way that won't get you in trouble, the kids don't even know what it means. Seriously though, parents will flip out and you could lose your job