The Pope's Hypocrisy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2015, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2015 06:31 PM by Ted Tucker.)
The Pope's Hypocrisy
I'm hoping that some of our Catholic friends out there can explain to me how this beloved Pope's teachings are not hypocritical.

1. This Pope preaches for the sanctity of human life, while at the same time it is conservatively estimated by MFS and the WHO that hundreds of thousands of lives are lost every year in Sub-Saharan Africa alone from Aids and other STDs as a direct result of the Catholic Church teachings that condom use is gravely sinful. How can the Catholic Church demonize Planned Parenthood when this very organization provides affordable health care and family planning to millions of people every year and as a result prevents many more abortions than this organization rightly performs? In El Salvador abortion is now illegal under all circumstances. There are no exceptions for rape or incest. The moment a woman shows up at a hospital with a perforated uterus, indicating that she has had a back-alley abortion, she is shackled to her hospital bed and her body is treated as a crime scene. Forensic doctors soon arrive to examine her womb and cervix. There are women now serving prison sentences thirty years long for terminating their pregnancies. Imagine this, in a country, the very neighbor of this current Pope. How can the Pope preach against Stem Cell research while this science continues not only the promise but provide countless life saving applications?

2. How can this Pope praise the Catholic Bishops for their handling of the church's sexual abuse crisis? Why does this pope still refuse to fully disclose the records of the systematic rape and abuse of children, and the following cover up by many of these same Bishops and Cardinals?

3. How can the Pope preach about the respect and dignity of women, while women are still not allowed to hold equal positions in the hierarchy of Catholic Church?

4. How can this Pope preach love and tolerance of Gay and Lesbians; as long as they remain celibate/do not marry, do not adopt children, and know that they are disordered, as labeled by this church?

5. How can this Pope be the 'Pope of the Poor' while the Catholic Church sprawling financial empire takes in Billions and conservatively donates less than 10%(4% according to Forbes) of its annual collection to the poor(Catholic Charities), while this holy see hordes an unfathomable amount of wealth in investments, antiquities, and real estate? Would not Christ be better served in a wooden chalice than a gold one? Would not one's money be put to better use by donating directly to the needy then placing it in the hands or the collection plate of this church?

6. How can this Pope be a Pope of science while teaching the acceptance of the science on evolution while still teaching children that there were a couple of First Humans, A and E. I guess you need that original sin thing or the rest of the dogma collapses. How can you teach the facts of physics while literally teaching that a cookie and some wine turns into the body and blood of a sky God? How can you be a Pope of science and believe that Jesus was the son of God and God incarnate also? Three in in one and one in three. A trinitarian belief...for us to be saved, God sacrificed himself, to himself, to save us, from himself??? Sound a bit looney to me!

I better not get started on the science argument the moral one is long enough…

7. Oh yeah I have a problem with the whole infallibility concept as well.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ted Tucker's post
27-09-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: The Pope's Hypocrisy
(27-09-2015 06:23 PM)Ted Tucker Wrote:  I'm hoping that some of our Catholic friends out there can explain to me how this beloved Pope's teachings are not hypocritical.

1. This Pope preaches for the sanctity of human life, while at the same time it is conservatively estimated by MFS and the WHO that hundreds of thousands of lives are lost every year in Sub-Saharan Africa alone from Aids and other STDs as a direct result of the Catholic Church teachings that condom use is gravely sinful. How can the Catholic Church demonize Planned Parenthood when this very organization provides affordable health care and family planning to millions of people every year and as a result prevents many more abortions than this organization rightly performs? In El Salvador abortion is now illegal under all circumstances. There are no exceptions for rape or incest. The moment a woman shows up at a hospital with a perforated uterus, indicating that she has had a back-alley abortion, she is shackled to her hospital bed and her body is treated as a crime scene. Forensic doctors soon arrive to examine her womb and cervix. There are women now serving prison sentences thirty years long for terminating their pregnancies. Imagine this, in a country, the very neighbor of this current Pope. How can the Pope preach against Stem Cell research while this science continues not only the promise but provide countless life saving applications?

2. How can this Pope praise the Catholic Bishops for their handling of the church's sexual abuse crisis? Why does this pope still refuse to fully disclose the records of the systematic rape and abuse of children, and the following cover up by many of these same Bishops and Cardinals?

3. How can the Pope preach about the respect and dignity of women, while women are still not allowed to hold equal positions in the hierarchy of Catholic Church?

4. How can this Pope preach love and tolerance of Gay and Lesbians; as long as they remain celibate/do not marry, do not adopt children, and know that they are disordered, as labeled by this church?

5. How can this Pope be the 'Pope of the Poor' while the Catholic Church sprawling financial empire takes in Billions and conservatively donates less than 10%(4% according to Forbes) of its annual collection to the poor(Catholic Charities), while this holy see hordes an unfathomable amount of wealth in investments, antiquities, and real estate? Would not Christ be better served in a wooden chalice than a gold one? Would not one's money be put to better use by donating directly to the needy then placing it in the hands or the collection plate of this church?

6. How can this Pope be a Pope of science while teaching the acceptance of the science on evolution while still teaching children that there were a couple of First Humans, A and E. I guess you need that original sin thing or the rest of the dogma collapses. How can you teach the facts of physics while literally teaching that a cookie and some wine turns into the body and blood of a sky God? How can you be a Pope of science and believe that Jesus was the son of God and God incarnate also? Three in in one and one in three. A trinitarian belief...for us to be saved, God sacrificed himself, to himself, to save us, from himself??? Sound a bit looney to me!

I better not get started on the science argument the moral one is long enough…

7. Oh yeah I have a problem with the whole infallibility concept as well.

Spectacles.

Testicles.

Brandy.

Cigar.

By the Authority vested in me by random coincidence, I now pronounce you Pope Ted Tucker. You yourself are now absolutely infallible. Enjoy it. Nobody else is going to care.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
27-09-2015, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2015 07:36 PM by Ted Tucker.)
Ok by the authority vested in me as Pope these are my commandments I mean my suggestions:

1. Be open-minded and be willing to alter your beliefs with new evidence. (Jeremy Jimenez)

2. Strive to understand what is most likely to be true, not to believe what you wish to be true. (Matthew Main)

3. The scientific method is the most reliable way of understanding the natural world. (Isaiah Jackson)

4. Every person has the right to control of their body. (Chris Lager)

5. God is not necessary to be a good person or to live a full and meaningful life. (John Roso)

6. Be mindful of the consequences of all your actions and recognize that you must take responsibility for them. (Jamie Andrews)

7. Treat others as you would want them to treat you, and can reasonably expect them to want to be treated. Think about their perspective. (Carol Fly)

8. We have the responsibility to consider others, including future generations. (Michael Marr)

9. There is no one right way to live. (Eli Chisholm)

10. Leave the world a better place than you found it. (Maury McCoy)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes Ted Tucker's post
27-09-2015, 07:48 PM
(27-09-2015 07:25 PM)Ted Tucker Wrote:  Ok by the authority vested in me as Pope these are my commandments I mean my suggestions:

1. Be open-minded and be willing to alter your beliefs with new evidence. (Jeremy Jimenez)

2. Strive to understand what is most likely to be true, not to believe what you wish to be true. (Matthew Main)

3. The scientific method is the most reliable way of understanding the natural world. (Isaiah Jackson)

4. Every person has the right to control of their body. (Chris Lager)

5. God is not necessary to be a good person or to live a full and meaningful life. (John Roso)

6. Be mindful of the consequences of all your actions and recognize that you must take responsibility for them. (Jamie Andrews)

7. Treat others as you would want them to treat you, and can reasonably expect them to want to be treated. Think about their perspective. (Carol Fly)

8. We have the responsibility to consider others, including future generations. (Michael Marr)

9. There is no one right way to live. (Eli Chisholm)

10. Leave the world a better place than you found it. (Maury McCoy)

Screw that. I'm schisming.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post