The Pope's visit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2012, 05:08 PM
The Pope's visit
Hello everyone!

Well, four days ago (March 23rd) the Pope visited Mexico and it got great attention from the national media

As an atheist I don't see him as a "semi-saint" like my family and the catholic community.

About a week before he placed feet in Mexico "miracles" around the country were claimed, people healing from terrible diseases

and things like that. And I was furious not because of the ignorance of
the 88% percent of the nation's population or the massive

media attention or just because I hate catholic church, it was because
our government decided to spend 75 million of Mexican pesos

(about $5,914,826 US dollars) just in the stage for his Sanctity.

We are supposed to be a secular State so it makes you wonder What the f*!#k is happening!? Not to mention that we could give

a much better use to that amount of money.

So, if you also live in Mexico write what you think of this, if you don't do it as well.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2012, 03:21 AM
RE: The Pope's visit
Hello Dark Lord, is this your first post? Welcome to the TTA forums.

I remember the last time the pope was in the UK, there was a movement to have him arrested for crimes against humanity.

Of course none of those 'miracles' around the world were miraculous enough to be documented or confirmed by a doctor, or to be something that couldn't have gotten better on its own.
"I had the flu, then the pope stepped off the plane and I was cured."

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
28-03-2012, 05:06 AM
Yeah, strange how it's always colds and stuff that miraculously are cured. No-one ever regrows a limb.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
21-04-2012, 10:04 AM
It is already dumb to claim incredible powers to an invisible entity in the sky, but saying that because of another human being sets foot on a country miracles happen doesn't make any sense.