The Principle 'Documentary' Trailer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2014, 04:00 AM
The Principle 'Documentary' Trailer

I don't even know what to say here but just how disappointed I am with people like this. Its the reason why religion itself cannot be taken even remotely seriously within Science because of the obvious bias towards the religion people have and their urge to try and prove it true despite contradicting evidence. I just think its frustrating especially towards Christians who accept science and have a true care about knowledge or the truth.

Basically I don't think this does anything to help Christians and does everything to make them be taken even less seriously especially by the younger next generation. I think its simply self destructive and while I find this laughable and bad I find it kinda sad it also had to misuse scientists to try and prove their point. Like they are constantly trying to go even lower then previously to prove their point.

In the end I will watch it and I will post more documentaries and videos in chunks if I find anything interesting to start conversations or just for people to watch.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
12-05-2014, 04:14 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2014 04:20 AM by sporehux.)
RE: The Principle 'Documentary' Trailer
Deism is a possibility, therefore this bat shit crazy Yahweh character that goat fuckers wrote about must be real.

Pastel religion (as I've taken to calling it), is quiet insidious, I keep catching my friends trying to pass of the deist gap god with fluffy Jesus platitudes, as proof of the bible god.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
12-05-2014, 04:25 AM
"NASA has started to take down stuff on the interwebbz that points to a geocentric universe?!"

Of course! It's the evil atheist agenda raising its head when you least expect it. Evil_monster

And what a target they picked. I mean, seriously?

And what's the beef with NASA? First they faked the moon landings, then they've repeatedly tried to conceal evidence of the looming armageddon by asteroids, and now this! When people get too sciency they just can't be trusted anymore.

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
[+] 2 users Like John's post
12-05-2014, 06:27 AM
Holy quote mining. Anyway, the whole geocentrism thing lost me and if that is what they want in the trailer to rope me in, I'll pass.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
12-05-2014, 07:53 AM
(12-05-2014 04:25 AM)John Wrote:  "NASA has started to take down stuff on the interwebbz that points to a geocentric universe?!"

Of course! It's the evil atheist agenda raising its head when you least expect it. Evil_monster

And what a target they picked. I mean, seriously?

And what's the beef with NASA? First they faked the moon landings, then they've repeatedly tried to conceal evidence of the looming armageddon by asteroids, and now this! When people get too sciency they just can't be trusted anymore.

Because, when all the evidence points against you, you... point against the evidence? Something like that.

In all seriousness, you'd be surprised how popular this mindset is in certain circles. I've talked to fundies in different settings, and they tend to say things like:
  • More and more scientists are finding evidence of a creator (who these scientists are, and any evidence of this claim are never given).
  • There's an evil liberal atheist agenda carried out by The Scientiests (except the above-mentioned ones, of course) to kill God.

It's got to be hard to maintain believing things that are provably wrong. So, they pick the more stupid way to resolve their cognitive dissonance.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
12-05-2014, 08:31 AM
Well clever editing tricks and outright falsehoods will sell to a portion of the public. The anti-intellectualism that is rampant in America (in certain quarters) is the target audience here. This film will not change anyone's opinion but will give those that already believe in the "Science Conspiracy LoL" something else to point to and of course when you try to debunk this steaming pile of shit they will just claim you are part of it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
12-05-2014, 08:34 AM
I do wonder if they deliberately lie to some scientists about what type of film they are making, record an interview and then splice the footage in to make it look like they are agreeing with the creationist buried amongst them. Or maybe they just buy the footage from other recorded interviews. I saw one clip like that posted by a theist troll which seemed to do exactly that. There might be a case for litigation there.
12-05-2014, 08:45 AM
(12-05-2014 08:34 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I do wonder if they deliberately lie to some scientists about what type of film they are making, record an interview and then splice the footage in to make it look like they are agreeing with the creationist buried amongst them. Or maybe they just buy the footage from other recorded interviews. I saw one clip like that posted by a theist troll which seemed to do exactly that. There might be a case for litigation there.

Yes they do or rather they don't inform them what they are doing the interview for. Someone like Lawrence Krauss probably does 10-20 a month and something like this can slip through the cracks.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
12-05-2014, 08:56 AM
To be fair, doing interviews under false pretenses is something that happens both ways, e.g. Bill Maher & Ken Ham in Religulous.

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
[+] 1 user Likes John's post
12-05-2014, 08:59 AM
Physicists are narrowing down and better characterising exactly what they still don't know about the universe.

Therefore, God.

Also, geocentrism.

Awesome.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post