The Principle 'Documentary' Trailer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2014, 09:03 AM
RE: The Principle 'Documentary' Trailer
A scientist's reputation is not only their livelihood, but something that they have had to devote their working lives to achieving. A film maker then comes along and deliberately includes your interview footage in to make it look like you are saying something completely different. Scientists have to be so careful to never claim more than the evidence can support. Then someone comes along, lies to them and deliberately makes it look like they are supporting woo. I would be outraged.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2014, 09:06 AM
RE: The Principle 'Documentary' Trailer
At 2:00, "We are, in fact, the only life in the entire universe."
Facepalm
I'm not sure who that guy is (I've seen him before), but there's no way anyone could make such an assertion with any credibility. They most likely edited out the last half of that sentence which made more sense.

Even the fundies know that our knowledge of our universe is based upon observations made from here, and life elsewhere has yet to be proven or disproven. We are only recently discovering minor details about exoplanets that are nearby, and his statement of "fact" encompasses billions of other galaxies. Facepalm It's utterly absurd.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply