The Problem of Good

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2015, 06:25 PM
RE: The Problem of Good
I'm down for giving any theist a chance to participate on this forum, but when it's evident that their intentions are to preach or debate with the same ol arguments that have been debunked or refuted a million times, then just stick their fingers in their ears and claim victory, well that's when it's time to go.

We are not offered the same courtesy on religious forums and this should be a sanctuary from the often overwhelming influence and pressure from a predominantly religious world.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
14-12-2015, 04:15 AM
Adds? Really?
14-12-2015, 05:25 AM
(13-12-2015 10:49 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Just wanted to make a general announcement.

When I first came on this forum I asked why nobody goes to a christian forum to ask questions about Christianity. The overwhelming response was "we have but we just get kicked off". I have verified the statement as true because there was no specific subforum dedicated to apologetics where opposing views could be heard.

After some talk with the admin on "the Christian Forum" about the issue, there is a subforum now in place for you all to allow your voices and questions to be heard.

Login to "The Christian Forum " go to "prayers and outreach " then "outreach". There will be a subforum labeled "apologetics".

Apologetics is bullshit. Ask them to put in a "Reason and Skepticism" sub-forum or a "Why Evolution is True" sub-forum.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-12-2015, 05:28 AM
(13-12-2015 12:06 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(13-12-2015 06:56 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  You keep saying this bullshit, it's apparent that your brain is short circuiting, the mods have been way too lenient in your case. But hey, if they just want to fold their arms why you stink up this forum with your bullshit, then so be it.

Might as well invite a few of your friends here Alla, because you apparently have "free agency" to run amok on this forum, hell you could get a few of your chowderhead Mormon loons to join you and turn this forum into the Moron Mormon forum.

This is interesting. Earlier I read where members thought Alla and Q ought to be banned and I though we can just avoid their threads if we want to, its just two out of many.

But I can’t imagine this being a Forum I would want to be a part of if there were a bunch of Allas and Qs running amok, it would be unbearable.

Sometimes a theist will show up that is interesting and thought provoking and adds diversity in a positive way. And then there’s Alla and Q spouting proselytizing, passive-aggressive nonsensical, irrelevant, unfounded, unsuported, uninteresting post after post after post after post...

I think if more Allas and Qs showed up they would have to be shown the door or people would leave. And if that is true then why are we putting up with the two of them now? Consider

I think the level of dialogue these two bring is uninteresting at best and disruptive at worst.

My two cents. Drinking Beverage

ps CotW is another

The recent crazy math-hole was banned promptly, but those three get a pass. Consider

14-12-2015, 05:47 AM
(13-12-2015 01:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  

OK
Because I respect all people on this forum I am going to leave.
But before I leave I would like to wish to all of you "HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope it will be wonderful time for all of you.
I also would like to say thanks to some wonderful atheists: Heart GirlyMan Heart, Black Eagle, morondog, Mark Fulton, Goodwithoutgod for being very kind to me.

I also thank all those who want me to leave. I respect your wishes. :

I will miss you, Girly Sad

And yet, you haven't left. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-12-2015, 06:01 AM
(13-12-2015 01:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  

OK
Because I respect all people on this forum I am going to leave.
But before I leave I would like to wish to all of you "HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope it will be wonderful time for all of you.
I also would like to say thanks to some wonderful atheists: Heart GirlyMan Heart, Black Eagle, morondog, Mark Fulton, Goodwithoutgod for being very kind to me.

I also thank all those who want me to leave. I respect your wishes. :

I will miss you, Girly Sad

I think you're a lying bitch, you won't be missed.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
14-12-2015, 06:03 AM
(14-12-2015 05:25 AM)Chas Wrote:  Apologetics is bullshit. Ask them to put in a "Reason and Skepticism" sub-forum or a "Why Evolution is True" sub-forum.

I'm calling it right here, right now.

First post on the first day of a "Reason and Skepticism" sub-forum on a Christian forum.

"Why I'm reasonably skeptical of skepticism, and you should be too"

Followed by excerpts from the book "I don't have enough faith to be an atheist". Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-12-2015, 07:57 AM
(13-12-2015 10:49 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Just wanted to make a general announcement.

When I first came on this forum I asked why nobody goes to a christian forum to ask questions about Christianity. The overwhelming response was "we have but we just get kicked off". I have verified the statement as true because there was no specific subforum dedicated to apologetics where opposing views could be heard.

After some talk with the admin on "the Christian Forum" about the issue, there is a subforum now in place for you all to allow your voices and questions to be heard.

Login to "The Christian Forum " go to "prayers and outreach " then "outreach". There will be a subforum labeled "apologetics".

Link?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
14-12-2015, 08:30 AM
(14-12-2015 07:57 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  

Link?
http://www.christianforums.com/index.php...s/7918241/

Here is the link for the subforum sticky. I hope you can use it to navigate from there.
14-12-2015, 08:35 AM
(14-12-2015 08:30 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 07:57 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Link?
http://www.christianforums.com/index.php...s/7918241/

Here is the link for the subforum sticky. I hope you can use it to navigate from there.

"You must have 100 posts and five likes to post in this forum."

Seriously? Assholes.
They don't want any debate. Chickenshit assholes.

[+] 3 users Like Chas's post