The Problem of Good

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2015, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2015 02:17 PM by Alla.)
RE: The Problem of Good
ClydeLee Wrote:Q could also be called a Prophet based on his statements, basically anyone is a prophet if they speak out as one. There is no reason to trust his stance any less as a Prophet. How do you determine who is a Prophet of God vs just a man?
1)By the fruits. If you don't know what the fruits of the Prophets are then you can not know who the prophet is.
2)this convincing power that I believe to be the Holy Ghost convinces me.

do you know what the fruits of the prophets are?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2015, 02:16 PM
ClydeLee Wrote:Why would you believe it is anything other than your intuition and consciousness of your own being and instead something extra in the holy ghost?
I don't have perfect knowledge of what it is but I know this - it convinces me that something is true and good and from God. It is so powerful that I can not reject it.
That is why an atheist(me) became a believer in one moment. Because of this mysterious convincing power.

07-12-2015, 02:25 PM
(07-12-2015 02:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  
ClydeLee Wrote:Q could also be called a Prophet based on his statements, basically anyone is a prophet if they speak out as one. There is no reason to trust his stance any less as a Prophet. How do you determine who is a Prophet of God vs just a man?
1)By the fruits. If you don't know what the fruits of the Prophets are then you can not know who the prophet is.
2)this convincing power that I believe to be the Holy Ghost convinces me.

do you know what the fruits of the prophets are?

It's actually the false prophets your are able to judge by their fruits. Anyone who is a prophet simply is a prophet, it's a definition case if they fit that view.

I guess I don't know, but I know the fruits aren't bananas.

Why do you think you are convinced?

Also, why do you think there is even such a thing as a "only true translation?" Under what grounds do you claim that, there isn't any direct word for word concepts as the languages are shifted so there wouldn't be such a thing possible for all of the bible of it's hebrew and Aramaic sayings.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Why quote the bible, the quran or the torah? Why not the Sumerian gods? The Greek, Roman and Egyptian deities? Why not the Hindu pantheon? Norse, Aztec or Native American? There is no evidence for any of them.

Praying to zeus is just as effective as praying to jesus.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
(07-12-2015 01:46 PM)Alla Wrote:  I wouldn't use word "inspiration" when we talk about Satan.

The actual word used isn't important. We can say that both God and Satan wargarble us to behave a certain way. Regardless of you coining one term "inspire" and one "tempt", at the end of the day, both God and Satan telepathically communicate with us in a way to try to encourage certain actions.

The action and the effect are 100% equivalent.

(07-12-2015 01:46 PM)Alla Wrote:  When we choose follow God's inspiration we also get praised. We also get rewarded like only Gods can be rewarded. But we praise God for giving us inspiration.

The point is that most apologists don't do this. When you listen to Christians talk about "good" things and "bad" things, they use fundamentally different terminology and take an entirely different approach. This implicitly goes against the notion of free will, half the time. Free will is this important thing taken out to display when discussing stuff like the problem of evil, but is then put back in the bag when people start talking about the good things people did. Bonus points when they describe things as "miracles" when discussing human activity.
07-12-2015, 02:27 PM
(07-12-2015 02:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  do you know what the fruits of the prophets are?

Nothing.

Unless you are arguing for fulfilled prophecy, in which case I would ask you to be more specific.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
07-12-2015, 02:33 PM
(07-12-2015 02:25 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  The point is that most apologists don't do this. When you listen to Christians talk about "good" things and "bad" things, they use fundamentally different terminology and take an entirely different approach. This implicitly goes against the notion of free will, half the time. Free will is this important thing taken out to display when discussing stuff like the problem of evil, but is then put back in the bag when people start talking about the good things people did. Bonus points when they describe things as "miracles" when discussing human activity.
You are 100% correct. I mean your observation is correct.
We should praise each other for doing good. We always will be rewarded for doing good.
But we(LDS) thank God for giving us plenty of opportunities to do good.

07-12-2015, 02:38 PM
Fruits of true prophets of God:
before I start I will say that no prophet of God will be visiting any atheist forums.

1) they write books that are called "scriptures" .
2) they translate and correct scriptures
2) they build temples
3) they build Kingdom of God on Earth
4) they lead house of Israel - God's chosen people or God's Church
5) they prophecy
6) they give blessings
and many other things.

Did you meet a person like this?

07-12-2015, 02:43 PM
ClydeLee Wrote:Also, why do you think there is even such a thing as a "only true translation?" Under what grounds do you claim that, there isn't any direct word for word concepts as the languages are shifted so there wouldn't be such a thing possible for all of the bible of it's hebrew and Aramaic sayings.
"True translation" is the one that teaches true principles and doctrines.
It is not true principle that God would hardened someone's heart and then get angry and punish this poor person.
True principle - God would give many opportunities to change your heart, to repent, to become a better person before it is too late.

07-12-2015, 03:01 PM
(07-12-2015 02:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  Fruits of true prophets of God:
before I start I will say that no prophet of God will be visiting any atheist forums.

1) they write books that are called "scriptures" .
2) they translate and correct scriptures
2) they build temples
3) they build Kingdom of God on Earth
4) they lead house of Israel - God's chosen people or God's Church
5) they prophecy
6) they give blessings
and many other things.

Did you meet a person like this?

Dearest Alla,

The three Nephites do not approve of you trolling future inhabitants of the Telestial kingdom. They're the ones who will cook your food and they might spit in it when you and your sister wives are trying to populate new worlds. Please be mindful of the example you set for your eternal god/husband. I suggest you simply pray for our souls the next time you are receiving well endowed temple ordinances during baptisms for the dead. An angel might appear to you in the Celestial room if you can remember the secret handshake and pass phrases. Being married for eternity means ETERNAL SEX ORGIES! The prophets can't wait Angel
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user