The Problem of Good

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2015, 03:04 PM
RE: The Problem of Good
I think the most important quality to be a prophet is their ability to prophesy. A prophet must have received a message from God about events to come and they must have been fulfilled.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2015, 03:14 PM
To prophecy is not a quality of the prophets. It is one of the their missions and gifts from God
The most important missions of the prophets is to lead God's people/Church in truth and righteousness and to build Temples.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
07-12-2015, 03:18 PM
(07-12-2015 03:01 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 02:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  Fruits of true prophets of God:
before I start I will say that no prophet of God will be visiting any atheist forums.

1) they write books that are called "scriptures" .
2) they translate and correct scriptures
2) they build temples
3) they build Kingdom of God on Earth
4) they lead house of Israel - God's chosen people or God's Church
5) they prophecy
6) they give blessings
and many other things.

Did you meet a person like this?

Dearest Alla,

The three Nephites do not approve of you trolling future inhabitants of the Telestial kingdom. They're the ones who will cook your food and they might spit in it when you and your sister wives are trying to populate new worlds. Please be mindful of the example you set for your eternal god/husband. I suggest you simply pray for our souls the next time you are receiving well endowed temple ordinances during baptisms for the dead. An angel might appear to you in the Celestial room if you can remember the secret handshake and pass phrases. Being married for eternity means ETERNAL SEX ORGIES! The prophets can't wait Angel
Does an all powerful God even need to have sex to procreate?Wink What if the soul is neither male nor female?
07-12-2015, 03:18 PM
(07-12-2015 03:01 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  Dearest Alla,
Being married for eternity means ETERNAL SEX ORGIES! The prophets can't wait Angel
Dearest GrassyKnoll,
you know that what you said is not true.
I only wonder: is this intentional lie or simply lack of knowledge? Thumbsup

07-12-2015, 03:19 PM
(07-12-2015 03:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  To prophecy is not a quality of the prophets. It is one of the their missions and gifts from God
The most important missions of the prophets is to lead God's people/Church in truth and righteousness and to build Temples.
Isn't the definition of a prophet someone who can prophecy? What is a prophet who cannot prophesy?
07-12-2015, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2015 03:26 PM by Alla.)
(07-12-2015 03:18 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Does an all powerful God even need to have sex to procreate?Wink
He is not going to tell you the truth. I wish you believed me.
(07-12-2015 03:18 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  What if the soul is neither male nor female?
You( spirit) is male. I (spirit) is female. Gender is essential. We are all spirit sons and spirit daughters of God.

07-12-2015, 03:25 PM
(07-12-2015 03:19 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 03:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  To prophecy is not a quality of the prophets. It is one of the their missions and gifts from God
Isn't the definition of a prophet someone who can prophecy? What is a prophet who cannot prophesy?
Definition of the prophet is this:
Any person who receives revelations form God is a prophet.
But not any person who receives revelations from God can lead God's people/ Church and be a Seer, Prophet and Revelator.

07-12-2015, 03:25 PM
Deuteronomy 18:20-22

But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.

A prophet is a messenger of God. If a person claims to speak on behalf of God and what they say does not come true they are not a prophet.
07-12-2015, 03:29 PM
(07-12-2015 03:25 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Deuteronomy 18:20-22

But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.

A prophet is a messenger of God. If a person claims to speak on behalf of God and what they say does not come true they are not a prophet.
I do not argue with that. I included in my list of the fruits that prophets prophecy (once in a while Smile).
True prophets tell true prophecies. But how can you know that prophecy is true if you live now and prophecy is about far future?

07-12-2015, 03:31 PM
I am sorry Alla, but Deuteronomy 18:20-22 clearly states that a prophet is a messenger of God. If a person claims to be a prophet but never received a message from God they are not a prophet. If they claim God told them something that does not come true they are a false prophet. If there are any "prophets" in the LDS church that fit this criteria you should run from them.