The Problem of Good

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2015, 03:41 PM
RE: The Problem of Good
(07-12-2015 03:04 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I think the most important quality to be a prophet is their ability to prophesy. A prophet must have received a message from God about events to come and they must have been fulfilled.

Yes, and they better hope they were right and interpreted God's wishes correctly or else they were to be stoned to death per the Bible.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
07-12-2015, 03:49 PM
(07-12-2015 03:31 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 03:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  To prophecy is not a quality of the prophets. It is one of the their missions and gifts from God
The most important missions of the prophets is to lead God's people/Church in truth and righteousness and to build Temples.
I am sorry Alla, but Deuteronomy 18:20-22 clearly states that a prophet is a messenger of God. If a person claims to be a prophet but never received a message from God they are not a prophet. If they claim God told them something that does not come true they are a false prophet. If there are any "prophets" in the LDS church that fit this criteria you should run from them.
Yes, this is what I am saying. Prophets are messengers from God. They receive revelations. But not every revelation from God is a prophecy about future events. Many revelations from God are what He wants His Church to do today, right now.
our Prophets receive this kind of revelations. They share God's word to us(Church).

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
07-12-2015, 03:49 PM
(07-12-2015 03:41 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 03:04 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I think the most important quality to be a prophet is their ability to prophesy. A prophet must have received a message from God about events to come and they must have been fulfilled.

Yes, and they better hope they were right and interpreted God's wishes correctly or else they were to be stoned to death per the Bible.
Exactly.
07-12-2015, 03:53 PM
(07-12-2015 03:49 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 03:31 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I am sorry Alla, but Deuteronomy 18:20-22 clearly states that a prophet is a messenger of God. If a person claims to be a prophet but never received a message from God they are not a prophet. If they claim God told them something that does not come true they are a false prophet. If there are any "prophets" in the LDS church that fit this criteria you should run from them.
Yes, this is what I am saying. Prophets are messengers from God. They receive revelations. But not every revelation from God is a prophecy about future events. Many revelations from God are what He wants His Church to do today, right now.
our Prophets receive this kind of revelations. They share God's word to us(Church).
Ok. Gotcha.
07-12-2015, 04:00 PM
(07-12-2015 03:53 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 03:49 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, this is what I am saying. Prophets are messengers from God. They receive revelations. But not every revelation from God is a prophecy about future events. Many revelations from God are what He wants His Church to do today, right now.
Ok. Gotcha.

Why is that reading this all I hear is "...and Kirk violated the prime directive more than Picard did..."?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 6 users Like unfogged's post
07-12-2015, 04:06 PM
(07-12-2015 03:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 03:01 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  Dearest Alla,
Being married for eternity means ETERNAL SEX ORGIES! The prophets can't wait Angel
Dearest GrassyKnoll,
you know that what you said is not true.
I only wonder: is this intentional lie or simply lack of knowledge? Thumbsup

I dunno, what do you call sarcasm? Consider

How else are you going to have spirit babies? Lots of spirited sex would be my guess Laughat
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2015, 04:10 PM
(07-12-2015 04:00 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 03:53 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Ok. Gotcha.

Why is that reading this all I hear is "...and Kirk violated the prime directive more than Picard did..."?
Because Kirk was a Cockey SOB who thought the rules didn't apply. He was wreck less which made him dangerous. Pickard played by the rules and still got the job done.

[Image: 3b2cb20ddc4170dd56eda50b559106d7.jpg]
07-12-2015, 04:12 PM
(07-12-2015 03:49 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 03:41 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Yes, and they better hope they were right and interpreted God's wishes correctly or else they were to be stoned to death per the Bible.
Exactly.

Do you think that was fair if God was not being an effective communicator?
07-12-2015, 04:13 PM
(07-12-2015 02:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  
ClydeLee Wrote:Q could also be called a Prophet based on his statements, basically anyone is a prophet if they speak out as one. There is no reason to trust his stance any less as a Prophet. How do you determine who is a Prophet of God vs just a man?
1)By the fruits. If you don't know what the fruits of the Prophets are then you can not know who the prophet is.
2)this convincing power that I believe to be the Holy Ghost convinces me.

do you know what the fruits of the prophets are?

Can we be confident that Alla knows what a "true" prophet is considering her church follows the teachings of a 19th century swindler who conned them into believing he was a prophet?

Pray tell, what was his fruits?

"Why hast thou forsaken me, o deity whose existence I doubt..." - Dr. Sheldon Cooper
[+] 2 users Like mgoering's post
07-12-2015, 04:25 PM
(07-12-2015 09:38 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 09:05 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Sometimes God is responsible for the bad things that happen in your life.

Can you reliably distinguish between bad things he is responsible for and bad things he isn't?
If so, how?
If not, how do you know he's sometimes responsible?

Bumping this as it seems to have been overlooked

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP