The Problem of Good

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2015, 10:40 PM
RE: The Problem of Good
Let me just give some made up answers that I have no justification by means of evidence and say that it was revealed to me by an all powerful being and arrogantly state my unproven beliefs as unquestionably true.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
08-12-2015, 11:15 PM
(08-12-2015 10:40 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Let me just give some made up answers that I have no justification by means of evidence and say that it was revealed to me by an all powerful being and arrogantly state my unproven beliefs as unquestionably true.

By the power vested in me by a blade of grass, I pronounce you Pope Fodder. You are now completely infallible, every contradiction you make henceforth will ve non-contradictory just because it's you making it, and every bad thing that you do will magically turn into a good thing. Arise.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
08-12-2015, 11:46 PM
(08-12-2015 11:15 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 10:40 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Let me just give some made up answers that I have no justification by means of evidence and say that it was revealed to me by an all powerful being and arrogantly state my unproven beliefs as unquestionably true.

By the power vested in me by a blade of grass, I pronounce you Pope Fodder. You are now completely infallible, every contradiction you make henceforth will ve non-contradictory just because it's you making it, and every bad thing that you do will magically turn into a good thing. Arise.

Gonna make myself a prophfit.
[+] 2 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
10-12-2015, 08:53 PM
I read the title of this and thought it would be about the obvious. The obvious thing about the problem of good is that god is demonstrably not good. Punishing a group for the actions of an individual is not good, yet god supposedly did this. What else do you need to know?
11-12-2015, 08:08 AM
(08-12-2015 12:28 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 09:05 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Sometimes God is responsible for the bad things that happen in your life.

According to this: Isaiah 45:7King James Version (KJV)

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

There is no "sometimes". Big Grin

I'm running into this in the same thread I started at AF. Someone claimed that when we do bad, that's our choice, but when we do good, that's God acting. I have yet to get a compelling answer as to why this doesn't make God 100% responsible for every time we don't do good.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
11-12-2015, 03:07 PM
(11-12-2015 08:08 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I'm running into this in the same thread I started at AF. Someone claimed that when we do bad, that's our choice, but when we do good, that's God acting. I have yet to get a compelling answer as to why this doesn't make God 100% responsible for every time we don't do good.
I will tell you why I may say that when I do good it is God acting.
When I do good I do God's will. His will for me to do good. I am doing His work. I am doing part of His plan.
When I do evil I am not doing what God wants me to do but I do what I want.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 2 users Like Alla's post
11-12-2015, 03:09 PM
(11-12-2015 03:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-12-2015 08:08 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I'm running into this in the same thread I started at AF. Someone claimed that when we do bad, that's our choice, but when we do good, that's God acting. I have yet to get a compelling answer as to why this doesn't make God 100% responsible for every time we don't do good.
I will tell you why I may say that when I do good it is God acting.
When I do good I do God's will. His will for me to do good. So, God and I are one in purpose.
When I do evil I am not doing God's wants me to do but I do what I want.

Are you now claiming to be god's equal??? Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
11-12-2015, 03:11 PM
(11-12-2015 03:09 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(11-12-2015 03:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  I will tell you why I may say that when I do good it is God acting.
When I do good I do God's will. His will for me to do good. So, God and I are one in purpose.
When I do evil I am not doing God's wants me to do but I do what I want.

Are you now claiming to be god's equal??? Big Grin
No, "to be one with God" means "to be part of His team".

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
11-12-2015, 03:14 PM
(11-12-2015 03:11 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-12-2015 03:09 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Are you now claiming to be god's equal??? Big Grin
No, "to be one with God" means "to be part of His team".

I think you do not know of that which you speak.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
11-12-2015, 03:19 PM
(11-12-2015 03:14 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(11-12-2015 03:11 PM)Alla Wrote:  No, "to be one with God" means "to be part of His team".

I think you do not know of that which you speak.
Off topic question. What direction does the water rotate when you flush a toilet in Australia?
[+] 1 user Likes jason_delisle's post