The Problem of Tay Sachs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2014, 06:43 PM
RE: The Problem of Tay Sachs
(14-03-2014 05:25 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  The worse experience was when they opened the church one night just for us, and a group of pastors and ministers, who linked up and prayed and shook and screamed yes jesus over and over (made the hair stand up on my neck)...then the senior guy walked over and placed his hand on their little heads and babbled some BS, then shook and said, "you are healed by the power of jesus christ and the lord god himself...you have only to take god into your heart and accept jesus christ as your personal savior and they are healed".

So when they died 4 months later, 3 months apart, I guess it is my fault, because i didnt truly believe.

Holy balls. This is far worse than my "the kid is in a better place, and their suffering and death must have made someone else a better person" quip from earlier. Yeah, putting the "blame" on you was incredibly shitty.

(14-03-2014 05:25 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I am remarried, and have 4 children and a wonderful life. So GFY jesus.

I'm glad things are going so much better. And yeah, seriously: fuck that guy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
14-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Actually, if god exists he's a dick and the world is Exhibit A in the case against him.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
14-03-2014, 08:00 PM
Humans are by nature sinful to the core with no natural good in them. None. They deserve to suffer for their sin in this life and go to hell in the next. All of them. If they experience anything good, it is only by god's grace since they can't deserve it. It's a wonder of god's goodness and mercy that anyone experiences a moment of joy and comfort in this life or the next.

This is the dismal view that traditional Christian theology takes of the human condition. I used to read the Puritans. Probably the most beloved Puritan book is a series of devotions called The Valley of the Vision. Here are some of the titles in the 'self-deprecation' section:

Yet I sin, the dark guest, heart corruptions, self deprecation, contrition, mortification, humiliation.

It's a celebration of how awful we all are, and what we really deserve if not for the grace of god.