The Problems with Heaven (besides just not existing)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2015, 06:07 PM
RE: The Problems with Heaven (besides just not existing)
....sigh.

You just gotta love the mind fuck sell job of heaven...how is this BS sold to the elderly, gullible, sick, and stupid? Below is my previously posted analogy of how this Fiction is sold to the masses....gotta admit it is a brilliant usage of social engineering....

----------------------------------------------------------------
It comes down to sales tactics. If you had a valid, obtainable, real product to offer the world as a means for living a better life, you could trot it out, point to it, briefly cover its features and it would sell it self.

If you have an invalid, fabricated, made-up transcendental product, which is invisible, and offer it to the world as a means for living a better life, you will have to embrace a lot of aggressive slippery used car salesman tactics to try to convince the gullible, elderly and stupid it is legit.

Dear sir, can I interest you in paradise for eternity?

"But how do I know it is real?"

No worries, it just takes faith, belief in the unknown, and once you die, you will see it in all of its glory, now just sign here, here and here.

"But I don't see the product"

Exactly! isn't it marvelous? It is so wonderful, the creator of it makes it visible to only a select few who sign up, make the full payment, and believe...now sign here, here and here.

"But I read in consumers reports that previous buyers have figured out it is all a lie...a fake product".

Of course they said that, that is the "other guy" working hard to steal away our perspective customers...you don't want to buy from that guy...he planted that evidence to deceive people, now don't you worry your pretty little head with all of those logical questions, you are just cluttering your mind with the inconsequential, that is the other guy messing with your head...now, if you sign right now, I will throw in an ocean front condo with an executive suite for ever and ever, rent free, but you don't get the keys until you die.

"I have to die first to get this product?"

Minor detail, did you see the brochure?.....

-----------------------------------------

Now the opposite of heaven is hell...lets take a peak at christian doctrinal interpretation of that, directly from a christian university textbook:

First, odds are hell doesn't even exist, as it is just another man made boogey man concept to keep people in check, and control them by fear, and religion sells fear with gusto. Hell doesn't even exist in accordance with Christian doctrine in the manner of which it is presented in the bible. Hell is allegedly a place devoid of god, thus devoid of good, no fire, no pitchforks, no little demons running around, no eternity in pain.

"We begin with a reminder of limitations of our language. Since hell, according to Christian doctrine, is a supernatural reality, it can only be described in analogies. Holy Scripture teaches us the essence of hell in images. When it speaks of the fire of hell, it is not to be understood in a grossly realistic sense. The images of fire and pain were ways of expressing the essential Christian understanding of hell – that it is a separation from God. We may define heaven as simply being with God, and hell, in contrast, is simply being without God. It is thus an existence without goodness and without meaning" (Albl, 2009, p. 188).

Albl, Martin C. Reason, Faith, and Tradition: Explorations in Catholic Theology. Winona: Anselm Academic, Christian Brothers Publications, 2009. Print.

Evil_monster

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2015, 11:06 PM
(09-08-2015 01:39 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(12-07-2015 08:56 AM)Mage The Entertainer Wrote:  So even if the Christian description of heaven did exist there would be quite a few problems with it, and truth be told it wouldn't be heaven for anyone, I'd like to know if there's anything I missed in the video so feel free to reply and let me know. Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBJps9F5Yjw
Heaven is not boring. Heaven gives an opportunity to have eternal progression. Eternal progression can not be boring. It is always something new. New happy moments, new problems with all those people you will create. It is never boring to create new earth or new galaxy.
It is never boring to have new children and new grandchildren.

About hell.
all those who can not have eternal life will have other degrees of glory. Their life also going to have some new fun (some progression).

P.S.To kiss somebody's ass for eternity and sing songs is boring I agree.

Making planets and galaxies? Gasp
Wow. Just. Wow.

[Image: Go-Full-Retard_o_139794.jpg.cf.jpg]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
10-08-2015, 11:15 PM
(10-08-2015 11:06 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 01:39 PM)Alla Wrote:  Heaven is not boring. Heaven gives an opportunity to have eternal progression. Eternal progression can not be boring. It is always something new. New happy moments, new problems with all those people you will create. It is never boring to create new earth or new galaxy.
It is never boring to have new children and new grandchildren.

About hell.
all those who can not have eternal life will have other degrees of glory. Their life also going to have some new fun (some progression).

P.S.To kiss somebody's ass for eternity and sing songs is boring I agree.

Making planets and galaxies? Gasp
Wow. Just. Wow.

[Image: Go-Full-Retard_o_139794.jpg.cf.jpg]

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

My personal favorite. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
10-08-2015, 11:19 PM

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
11-08-2015, 01:10 AM
No instructions for cleaning the grill??? Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
11-08-2015, 05:38 AM
@goodwithoutgod

So basically, hell is... reality? No wonder than so many fundamentalist think the world is destroying itself while we have clear data that show the exact opposite.