The Psychology of Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2016, 07:02 AM
RE: The Psychology of Atheism
(31-03-2016 06:50 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(31-03-2016 06:33 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It would be maybe "There ARE NO generalizations to be made AT ALL about such a diverse group of people, NONE OF WHOM I KNOW or have interviewed personally, all who came to their positions in different ways".

Why are you here again ? Making insulting remarks during Easter week, Jebus-boy ?
Fuck. You are a hypocrite.
Do YOU Have ANYTHING of ANY value, here, you'd EVER care to share ?

As for as I see it, self-identifying atheists are diverse as any other group of that size being studied. It's group that tends to be more male than female for one, more white than non-white, etc....

If it's a group that considerably huddles around the view that they lack a belief in God because of a lack of evidence, there's likely a variety of parallel between how they all ended up at that, why they're drawn to concepts like rationalism, science, etc.... why they're not particularly attracted to religion, etc.... The sort of individuals they identify with, see as models, etc....

It's not that informed generalizations can't be made about them as a group, it's more that individuals like yourself don't want them to be formed.

Prove it. If your opinions are "informed" share with us the data that "informed" you.
More assumptions about people you do not know.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
31-03-2016, 07:07 AM
(31-03-2016 07:02 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(31-03-2016 06:50 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  As for as I see it, self-identifying atheists are diverse as any other group of that size being studied. It's group that tends to be more male than female for one, more white than non-white, etc....

If it's a group that considerably huddles around the view that they lack a belief in God because of a lack of evidence, there's likely a variety of parallel between how they all ended up at that, why they're drawn to concepts like rationalism, science, etc.... why they're not particularly attracted to religion, etc.... The sort of individuals they identify with, see as models, etc....

It's not that informed generalizations can't be made about them as a group, it's more that individuals like yourself don't want them to be formed.

Prove it. If your opinions are "informed" share with us the data that "informed" you.
More assumptions about people you do not know.

Here's the Pew as a source of what I previously stated about gender and racial components:

"Atheists, in general, are more likely to be male and younger than the overall population; 68% are men, and the median age of atheist adults in the U.S. is 34 (compared with 46 for all U.S. adults). Atheists also are more likely to be white (78% are Caucasian vs. 66% for the general public)..."

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/201...-atheists/

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
31-03-2016, 07:11 AM
^^ Funny old thing. Compare that with access to education and.. ?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
31-03-2016, 07:15 AM
(31-03-2016 06:25 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(31-03-2016 06:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  I have yet to hear a reasoned or informed opinion from a theist regarding atheists or atheism. Drinking Beverage

What would the result of an informed opinion here be? Something like this:

"Atheists are individuals that have recognized that there's no evidence of God/s, so they lack a belief in them. Full stop."

That would be informed and accurate.

No theist here, yourself included, has ever made that statement.

Quote:Would you have something more to provide in regards to the psychology of atheists than this? Do you have a perspective of your own, that amounts to more than that, that you'd like to share?

There is nothing more than that. All of your rhetoric about atheists amounts to nothing more than a bucket of warm spit.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
31-03-2016, 07:19 AM
(31-03-2016 07:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  ^^ Funny old thing. Compare that with access to education and.. ?

How old were you, when you became an atheist?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
31-03-2016, 07:22 AM
(31-03-2016 07:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  ^^ Funny old thing. Compare that with access to education and.. ?

Women tend to make up a higher portion of college grads, holding 60% of college degrees, yet only 32% of atheists are female.

31-03-2016, 07:23 AM
"Atheists are individuals that have recognized that there's no evidence of God/s, so they lack a belief in them. Full stop."

If I agreed with that, I wouldn't be a theist in the first place.

"Do you have a perspective of your own, that amounts to more than that, that you'd like to share?"

Actually, yesI do, but it's too long to fit into the comments section. Please see here:

http://www.blogoshiur.com/2012/09/god-vs...tents.html
31-03-2016, 07:27 AM
(31-03-2016 07:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-03-2016 06:25 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  What would the result of an informed opinion here be? Something like this:

That would be informed and accurate.

Quote:Would you have something more to provide in regards to the psychology of atheists than this? Do you have a perspective of your own, that amounts to more than that, that you'd like to share?

There is nothing more than that. All of your rhetoric about atheists amounts to nothing more than a bucket of warm spit.

Why do you believe that position resonates more so with white males, than let's say females?

Why do you believe it resonates seemingly more so with individuals on the autistic spectrum than others?

31-03-2016, 07:42 AM
(31-03-2016 07:27 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Why do you believe that position resonates more so with white males, than let's say females?
Dunno. Does that affect whether it's true or not?

Quote:Why do you believe it resonates seemingly more so with individuals on the autistic spectrum than others?
Dunno. Does that affect whether it's true or not?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
31-03-2016, 07:44 AM
(31-03-2016 07:27 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(31-03-2016 07:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  That would be informed and accurate.

Why do you believe that position resonates more so with white males, than let's say females?

Why do you believe it resonates seemingly more so with individuals on the autistic spectrum than others?

I've never thought about it. Why should I care? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post