The Puerto Rico disaster

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2017, 07:40 AM
RE: The Puerto Rico disaster
(29-09-2017 07:00 PM)Impulse Wrote:  It's a little difficult for a President to think things through properly or to direct his staff to think things through for him when he's distracted by "more important things" like posting on Twitter about the NFL. Dodgy Puerto Rico was not a priority.

Which is why any competent President appoints staff positions based on the person's ability to do a job, and not just cronies and people who pledge their personal loyalty to the President. And the Senate is at fault for rubber stamping those selections instead of actually vetting the Cabinet appointees.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Rockblossom's post
30-09-2017, 08:02 AM
Well, he is on a Puerto Rico tweet storm now. Too much to list here, so: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
30-09-2017, 09:30 AM
(30-09-2017 07:17 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And nobody on Puerto Rico knows how to drive??

Blink

Truck driving is not the same as car driving so there are fewer to start with. Meanwhile the truck drivers have their own homes and families to deal with. And that's not to say none of them have been driving - clearly some have been - but it isn't enough and they need help with more.

Does this sound like a President who is really trying to help? Consider People are dying and Trump thinks it's time to play politics! Angry

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
30-09-2017, 09:34 AM
(30-09-2017 08:02 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well, he is on a Puerto Rico tweet storm now. Too much to list here, so: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump
One tweet says:
Quote:I will be going to Puerto Rico on Tuesday with Melania. Will hopefully be able to stop at the U.S. Virgin Islands (people working hard).
Why is he waiting until Tuesday? What's wrong with today? How many more people will die while he takes his time? Dodgy

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
30-09-2017, 09:51 AM
(30-09-2017 09:34 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
Quote:I will be going to Puerto Rico on Tuesday with Melania.

Importing bimbos to PR is not what I consider emergency aid.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
30-09-2017, 11:29 AM
José Andrés, a naturalized U.S. citizen, has become the face of American disaster relief

When asked how was able to get supplies to the island to feed 5,000 people a day, he said, “When you have a credit card, everything is possible.” This is the best way to embarrass Trump. And having an immigrant do it, just makes the tears so much more delicious.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-09-2017, 11:55 AM
(30-09-2017 09:30 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(30-09-2017 07:17 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And nobody on Puerto Rico knows how to drive??

Blink

Truck driving is not the same as car driving so there are fewer to start with. Meanwhile the truck drivers have their own homes and families to deal with. And that's not to say none of them have been driving - clearly some have been - but it isn't enough and they need help with more.

Does this sound like a President who is really trying to help? Consider People are dying and Trump thinks it's time to play politics! Angry

Oh for fucks sake...

If you were in an emergency situation and they needed somebody to drive a truck - don't you think you'd figure it out???

I've only landed small single engine aircraft , but if I found myself in a 747 with no pilot - I sure as hell would give a go of landing the son of a bitch......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
30-09-2017, 12:19 PM
(30-09-2017 11:55 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I've only landed small single engine aircraft , but if I found myself in a 747 with no pilot - I sure as hell would give a go of landing the son of a bitch......

747's now know how to land themselves. You just have to know how to give the computer the go ahead. I'm thinking I'd have a better chance of landing one than you and I don't even drive a car. Tongue

#sigh
30-09-2017, 12:27 PM
(30-09-2017 12:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-09-2017 11:55 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I've only landed small single engine aircraft , but if I found myself in a 747 with no pilot - I sure as hell would give a go of landing the son of a bitch......

747's now know how to land themselves. You just have to know how to give the computer the go ahead. I'm thinking I'd have a better chance of landing one than you and I don't even drive a car. Tongue

You push this button.

As for PR, clearing the road is a big part of the logistics problem.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
30-09-2017, 12:31 PM
(30-09-2017 12:27 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(30-09-2017 12:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  747's now know how to land themselves. You just have to know how to give the computer the go ahead. I'm thinking I'd have a better chance of landing one than you and I don't even drive a car. Tongue

You push this button.

As for PR, clearing the road is a big part of the logistics problem.

Bet I can find the right button quicker. These computerized machines, they speak to me. If they ain't got a computer I can't hear them though. Smile

#sigh