The Puerto Rico disaster

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2017, 10:44 AM
RE: The Puerto Rico disaster
(02-10-2017 10:43 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Here are your naval ships.
Quote:But then Irma struck the Keys, spared Miami and spent itself bouncing up Florida’s west coast. And suddenly, the Kearsarge’s group was sailing alone into the Caribbean. It and its sister vessels headed to Dominica to evacuate that devastated island. Wasp stayed, peeled off to the U.S. Southern Command, as the rest of the group headed for Puerto Rico, arriving the day after Maria roared across it and the neighboring U.S. Virgin Islands. Kearsarge and Oak Hill were left to put a small advance party ashore in Puerto Rico to assess the situation the day after the storm and set up air traffic control. Helicopter search and rescue operations were launched and supplies were ferried ashore.

And everything else? Vanished.
The Navy doesn't check in with that magazine.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2017, 11:19 AM
(02-10-2017 10:43 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(02-10-2017 10:29 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Those ships were deployed mainly because they have hospital beds. While that's important too, it doesn't do squat for clearing roads and delivering supplies.

Odd that they didn't remember to bring SeaBees and equipment with them. It's kind of the protocol for USN disaster relief. But you're ex-Navy, right? You remember that, don't you? Drinking Beverage

That is odd. And it's not like the engineers can deploy in a week, they got big ass quipment which can't be carried on planes and need slow moving deepwell ships to carry and deploy them. It is odd that nobody seems to have anticipated the need for them.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
02-10-2017, 11:30 AM
(02-10-2017 11:19 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-10-2017 10:43 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Odd that they didn't remember to bring SeaBees and equipment with them. It's kind of the protocol for USN disaster relief. But you're ex-Navy, right? You remember that, don't you? Drinking Beverage

That is odd. And it's not like the engineers can deploy in a week, they got big ass quipment which can't be carried on planes and need slow moving deepwell ships to carry and deploy them. It is odd that nobody seems to have anticipated the need for them.
/sarcasm They did, and they went. They're not grouped around San Juan because other places need help too.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2017, 11:40 AM
(02-10-2017 10:44 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The Navy doesn't check in with that magazine.

And there aren't any other reliable sources of information telling what landed at Puerto Rico. Rolleyes

As for the SeaBees and equipment, if what they had was so adequate, why is Puerto Rico still in such dire straits? Consider

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
12-10-2017, 07:24 AM
I know for us this is already old news but Trumplethinskin is now threatening to pull back aid from the island. I can’t even imagine what those people are going through as we sort through our own devastation in the Keys.

Trump threatens to abandon Puerto Rico recovery effort

In the same breath he threatens to build overwhelming force against North Korea.
Trump is like Clint Eastwood’s character in Gran Torino except that he’s not a veteran, he’s not tough, he’s not smart, and he has no redeeming values.

By the time Trump is out of office and leaves the keys to the next POTUS the car will be totaled.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 6 users Like Full Circle's post
12-10-2017, 10:08 AM
That's exactly what I fear. 4 years to total it. 40 years to rebuild it. Sad

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 4 users Like Impulse's post
12-10-2017, 10:46 AM
(12-10-2017 07:24 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I know for us this is already old news but Trumplethinskin is now threatening to pull back aid from the island. I can’t even imagine what those people are going through as we sort through our own devastation in the Keys.

Trump threatens to abandon Puerto Rico recovery effort

In the same breath he threatens to build overwhelming force against North Korea.
Trump is like Clint Eastwood’s character in Gran Torino except that he’s not a veteran, he’s not tough, he’s not smart, and he has no redeeming values.

By the time Trump is out of office and leaves the keys to the next POTUS the car will be totaled.

Apparently he reinstated the Jones act while seemingly busy stirring controversy about the nfl.

It’s funny he says it’s their fault, they get too much federal money...so does Mississippi, so I guess trump should cut them off too next time a crisis occurs? Yeah, I don’t think so that’ll happen either.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

12-10-2017, 10:56 AM
He's schitzophrenic in his thinking, his attention span is that of a 4 year old. He lives by the news cycle and if the news doesn't have the name Trump in it he doesn't care, at least not for long. I still can't get over this doofus is our president.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce