The Purge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2013, 10:15 PM
The Purge
Just ran across this. Looks interesting, I like the website idea for promotion. http://www.newfoundersamerica.org/

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2013, 10:33 PM
RE: The Purge
It does sound interesting. I know after a particularly stressful day, throwing on some Alice In Chains and destroying my punching bags kidneys feels like a purge. There's no more aggression left in me after! Would the national day of venting be called The Purge? I know a few people who could use a safe outlet to release that stuff. Might even cause some grins, & a few slaps on the backs by the participants, afterward! Feels good to let it out, sometimes!

16-05-2013, 11:02 PM
(16-05-2013 10:33 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  It does sound interesting. I know after a particularly stressful day, throwing on some Alice In Chains and destroying my punching bags kidneys feels like a purge. There's no more aggression left in me after! Would the national day of venting be called The Purge? I know a few people who could use a safe outlet to release that stuff. Might even cause some grins, & a few slaps on the backs by the participants, afterward! Feels good to let it out, sometimes!

I've an inkling that the purge they are talking about is a bit more sinister than "venting".

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
16-05-2013, 11:09 PM
Society suffering from homosexuals, atheists, "negroes"? Don't worry. One day a year you're allowed to band together and murder anyone and anything without legal consequence. It'll be like a legal holocaust one day a year Thumbsup

Just sure hope those leftists don't band together and rob the major banks and rich peoples estates during that time Consider
20-05-2013, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2013 09:59 PM by TheGulegon.)
(16-05-2013 11:02 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(16-05-2013 10:33 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  It does sound interesting. I know after a particularly stressful day, throwing on some Alice In Chains and destroying my punching bags kidneys feels like a purge. There's no more aggression left in me after! Would the national day of venting be called The Purge? I know a few people who could use a safe outlet to release that stuff. Might even cause some grins, & a few slaps on the backs by the participants, afterward! Feels good to let it out, sometimes!

I've an inkling that the purge they are talking about is a bit more sinister than "venting".

I just saw a preview of that movie Dodgy
I've been tricked! Yes....that's it.....tricked Undecided
.....I want to see it, too Dodgy
Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
22-05-2013, 08:25 PM
I have a purge. I call it "Dexter". Drinking Beverage

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
22-05-2013, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2013 10:26 PM by TheGulegon.)
Dexter SPOILER ALERT
Spoiler Alert
Spoiler Alert

I loved the Dexter series, too! But, apparently, I missed the entire season in which Rita died!! I started watching again the season after that like, WHAT? Rita's DEAD? Pissed me off Angry

22-05-2013, 08:51 PM
that's a joke right? my internetz skills are sleepy Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
22-05-2013, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2013 09:08 PM by TheGulegon.)
(22-05-2013 08:51 PM)nach_in Wrote:  that's a joke right? my internetz skills are sleepy Tongue

Yes
You are not as sleepy as you think Wink

No actually I did miss that season during my War with Comcast cable Angry I have DirectTV now!! Smile

22-05-2013, 09:17 PM
(22-05-2013 08:37 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I loved the Dexter series, too! But, apparently, I missed the entire season in which Rita died!! I started watching again the season after that like, WHAT? Rita's DEAD? Pissed me off Angry

Blink

I haven't watched Dexter yet, but I intend to start...

UMMM, "spoiler alert" might be used before you reference plot points Drinking Beverage

Unless you were making jokes, then carry on. But if you were serious, I don't yet know who this "Rita" is, but I hope I don't grow to like her and then she just dies on me.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King