The Pyramids are fake!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2017, 08:53 PM
RE: The Pyramids are fake!
(31-07-2017 07:50 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'm a pretty "square" guy, in the '60s vernacular. I drove a '65 Malibu in which I had built up an engine and transmission, when I started college after the Navy, in '77. I wore nice clothes, but the car looked beat. It was fast as hell, topped out at 140. One day I was getting out of my car, and saw a guy with those shredded jeans that were so popular back then, getting out of his Cadillac. He was "wanna-be" poor, or something, I guess. Now that I'm old and retired, I wear work clothes, some splashed with paint. It's pretty amusing when I go see my money people wearing Dickies brand work wear. I get in the elevator, and all the "suits" move away. Shit, I probably have more money than they do. Laugh out load I've never really cared about clothes. But now that I'm retired, I care even less about pretentiousness. Just an observation.

Yeah I'm pretty much of the same mindset. There are things I splurge on, but clothes and shoes for some reason I have set prices in my mind that I get very cringy about going too far over. This isn't always wise because (especially with shoes) "you get what you pay for" often applies and I end up buying more faster because I bought crap to begin with. But yeah, my painted on, faded, ripped, dirty looking home-and-yard attire just screams "authentic."

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
31-07-2017, 09:04 PM
(31-07-2017 07:50 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(31-07-2017 06:51 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  And they did it while wearing those fake muddy jeans that came out awhile back.

I'm a pretty "square" guy, in the '60s vernacular. I drove a '65 Malibu in which I had built up an engine and transmission, when I started college after the Navy, in '77. I wore nice clothes, but the car looked beat. It was fast as hell, topped out at 140. One day I was getting out of my car, and saw a guy with those shredded jeans that were so popular back then, getting out of his Cadillac. He was "wanna-be" poor, or something, I guess. Now that I'm old and retired, I wear work clothes, some splashed with paint. It's pretty amusing when I go see my money people wearing Dickies brand work wear. I get in the elevator, and all the "suits" move away. Shit, I probably have more money than they do. Laugh out load I've never really cared about clothes. But now that I'm retired, I care even less about pretentiousness. Just an observation.

One of my favorite couples we know are richer than god. Their real estate company owns all these really weird little plots of land in California, like little tiny islands with bill-boards on freeways that most people wouldn't even think of as an asset, (but I'm sure they get rent from). They spend all their time working at food shelves and that sort of thing. She always wears an ironed jeans shirt, and nice black slacks. They drive on OLD Buick. I always chuckle when people who don't know them, find out who they are. They are so sweet. The definition of unpretentious. They couldn't give a shit about what anyone thinks of their car or clothes.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
31-07-2017, 09:17 PM
(31-07-2017 04:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(31-07-2017 04:20 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Who is this "they" that knows how the stones were moved? Did they make youtube videos of it?

Egyptology FAR predated YouTube. Facepalm You might consider looking at a book about it.

You want one of these idiots to read a book? What is wrong with you, Buck? You ask much of them.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
31-07-2017, 09:25 PM
(31-07-2017 08:53 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(31-07-2017 07:50 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'm a pretty "square" guy, in the '60s vernacular. I drove a '65 Malibu in which I had built up an engine and transmission, when I started college after the Navy, in '77. I wore nice clothes, but the car looked beat. It was fast as hell, topped out at 140. One day I was getting out of my car, and saw a guy with those shredded jeans that were so popular back then, getting out of his Cadillac. He was "wanna-be" poor, or something, I guess. Now that I'm old and retired, I wear work clothes, some splashed with paint. It's pretty amusing when I go see my money people wearing Dickies brand work wear. I get in the elevator, and all the "suits" move away. Shit, I probably have more money than they do. Laugh out load I've never really cared about clothes. But now that I'm retired, I care even less about pretentiousness. Just an observation.

Yeah I'm pretty much of the same mindset. There are things I splurge on, but clothes and shoes for some reason I have set prices in my mind that I get very cringy about going too far over. This isn't always wise because (especially with shoes) "you get what you pay for" often applies and I end up buying more faster because I bought crap to begin with. But yeah, my painted on, faded, ripped, dirty looking home-and-yard attire just screams "authentic."

I worked many years as a mechanic, and still buy work shoes from Red Wing (which, BTW, are pretty damned expensive, but if you can't stand on your feet for 12 hours because of crappy footwear, you're gonna be in trouble). I put a little Shinola on them when I go to the year-end dinner party put on by my investors. (I retired after 30 years in Aerospace, BTW). A pair of cheap gray slacks and a long sleeved button up shirt from CostCo, I'm good. Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
01-08-2017, 01:21 AM
(31-07-2017 04:09 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  This seems to explain how they also made large statues with what appears to be tremendous accuracy in their stone carving. They weren't carved, they were molded.

Carving leaves signs on the carved surface, signs that are clearly visible...to the naked eye.
Do you think archaeologists are to stupid to check statues for these very obvious traces?
Do you think archaeologists are too stupid to know the difference between a (natural occurring) stone and a molded block (of, lets say, some sort of cement)?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
01-08-2017, 02:14 AM
You see guys, not only were the pyramids poured concrete, but there's an ongoing *conspiracy* to pretend they were made out of stone.

Facepalm Delta-FUCKING-Bravo, you are without doubt the most fucked in the head moron I've ever had the displeasure to encounter. Shove your concrete up your arse you pathetic fool.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
01-08-2017, 09:05 AM
Then there's THIS...

"Many of the pyramids were built with a number of different stone materials. Most of the material used was fairly rough, low grade limestone used to build the pyramid core, while fine white limestone was often employed for the outer casing as well as to cover interior walls, though pink granite was also often used on inner walls. Basalt or alabaster was not uncommon for floors, particularly in the mortuary temples and as was mudbricks to build walls within the temples (though often as not they had limestone walls)".

Geopolymer Institute's director, French scientist Joseph Davidovits is the only individual claiming that the pyramid's blocks were cast in situ.

Using Davidovits' theory, no large gangs would be needed to haul blocks and no huge and unwieldy ramps would be needed to transport the blocks up the side of the pyramid.

Although his ideas are not accepted by mainstream Egyptologists, in December 2006 Michel Barsoum, Adrish Ganguly, and Gilles Hug published a peer-reviewed paper in the Journal of the American Ceramic Society stating that parts of the pyramid were cast with a type of limestone concrete. However, *Dipayan Jana, a petrographer, made a presentation to the International Cement Microscopy Association in 2007 and gave a paper in which he concludes "we are far from accepting even as a remote possibility of a 'manmade' origin of pyramid stones."

* Jana has been involved in the characterisation, evaluation, and forensic investigation of construction materials for twenty years. Although I note that a couple of scientists have queried Jana's relevant credentials, and claim he's never examined any of the actual stones from the pyramids in person.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
01-08-2017, 11:21 AM
Well, there's a shit load of stupid Youtubes claiming the same thing. And probably "Forbidden Archeology", etc. Nobody with any credentials, however.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
01-08-2017, 11:37 AM
(31-07-2017 05:17 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(31-07-2017 04:09 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I saw a program on TV a few months ago about how the Romans used concrete to build their aqueducts. This concrete is so strong that it has lasted thousands of years. They showed how this concrete was made. Here is a link to the technology
https://archserve.id.ucsb.edu/courses/ar...crete.html

Then I had this thought that the best way to build the Pyramids was to pour cement in situ. All that requires is the technology and lots of people carrying baskets of sand and buckets of water. What also struck me is that here in the Near East, all house building is with concrete and they put up houses and hotels in a matter of days. They just turn up at a site with lots of formers and nail them together. They reuse the formers from other sites. There's hardly any modern tools used to do this except hammers and nails to hold it together and they finish it all off by hand.

Anyway, I had a look into it and, as with all things, someone had already advanced this theory: https://www.geopolymer.org/archaeology/p...oncrete-1/

This seems to explain how they also made large statues with what appears to be tremendous accuracy in their stone carving. They weren't carved, they were molded.

I also came across a Youtube channel of a guy who has taken this and applied the idea to Inca buildings and to megaliths. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJO8mD289hk

I have to say that if this is true, I feel slightly conned. I wrote a paper on the Pyramids in Grade 7 and I did all the calculations about how heavy each block weighed and how these blocks were moved. Now, it seems it was all an ancient trick.

Of course, it could still be the case that they were built by aliens! They developed technology to allow them to travel many light years from distant galaxies to build large stone pyramids for no obvious reason. Aliens are like that...

The pyramids are real. The end. Take your edgy pseudoscience to the conspiracy section.

This is the "conspiracy section". lol
01-08-2017, 11:54 AM
(01-08-2017 09:05 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Then there's THIS...

"Many of the pyramids were built with a number of different stone materials. Most of the material used was fairly rough, low grade limestone used to build the pyramid core, while fine white limestone was often employed for the outer casing as well as to cover interior walls, though pink granite was also often used on inner walls. Basalt or alabaster was not uncommon for floors, particularly in the mortuary temples and as was mudbricks to build walls within the temples (though often as not they had limestone walls)".

Geopolymer Institute's director, French scientist Joseph Davidovits is the only individual claiming that the pyramid's blocks were cast in situ.

Using Davidovits' theory, no large gangs would be needed to haul blocks and no huge and unwieldy ramps would be needed to transport the blocks up the side of the pyramid.

Although his ideas are not accepted by mainstream Egyptologists, in December 2006 Michel Barsoum, Adrish Ganguly, and Gilles Hug published a peer-reviewed paper in the Journal of the American Ceramic Society stating that parts of the pyramid were cast with a type of limestone concrete. However, *Dipayan Jana, a petrographer, made a presentation to the International Cement Microscopy Association in 2007 and gave a paper in which he concludes "we are far from accepting even as a remote possibility of a 'manmade' origin of pyramid stones."

* Jana has been involved in the characterisation, evaluation, and forensic investigation of construction materials for twenty years. Although I note that a couple of scientists have queried Jana's relevant credentials, and claim he's never examined any of the actual stones from the pyramids in person.

There are three possibilities: 1. All the stones were quarried and moved by people and animals or using machinery of some sort. 2. Some of the "stones" were poured in situ. 3. Aliens came here from a distant galaxy, cut and moved the stones.

The problem is that because 1. seems to present an impossibility, a lot of people make up theories based on alien visitation. I tend to think that 2. is actually the most plausible theory because it appears that the Roman viaduct concrete has lasted 2000 years and they didn't develop that kind of understanding of concrete manufacture overnight. It's much more plausible that we just underestimate the intelligence and ingenuity of people who lived thousands of years ago and we assume that they had to use hand held stones to bash away at big rocks to get perfectly shaped stones, then lump them across hundreds of miles and lift them up slopes to make these pyramids and other megalythic structures when it's much easier to pour the damn stuff in situ.

I live in an area that was once part of Egypt and I had this idea when I moved here that these are descendants of the very same people who worked on the Pyramids. All they do here is pour concrete. Everything is made of concrete. Look at pictures of Middle Eastern towns an cities. All you see, everywhere, is poured concrete. There's nothing made of bricks or wood. It's just not part of the culture. I know that's "presentism", but the Brits use bricks, the Japanese use wood, Native Americans lived in tents. I just don't know. I just wonder whether in a part of the world where there was a vast supply of sand, like Egypt, they figured out how to use it to build.

Anyway, however it may depart from accepted "cant", I think it's a much more plausible explanation than aliens...

I think one should distinguish between what is plainly nonsense, like alien visitation, and novel scientific theories. There's a difference between something being "crank", like aliens, and something being novel. Novel ideas can be tested scientifically. You can't argue against them simply by name calling. If the poured concrete idea is wrong, then it's wrong because the science is bad, not "because" some other academic calls the idea by some insulting name. I'd like to see some discussion of the magnetic theory put forward by Davidovits to the effect that the stones are all aligned the same, which supports their being poured in situ.