The Pyramids are fake!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2017, 02:17 PM
RE: The Pyramids are fake!
Who cares? I'm only dreaming and you're just a voice in my head.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2017, 02:52 PM
(01-08-2017 02:17 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Who cares? I'm only dreaming and you're just a voice in my head.

Here we have a true narcissist, "No one exists except me."
01-08-2017, 03:40 PM
(01-08-2017 02:52 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(01-08-2017 02:17 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Who cares? I'm only dreaming and you're just a voice in my head.

Sorry. I couldn't hear you over my reflection.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 4 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
01-08-2017, 04:02 PM

"solipsist" Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
01-08-2017, 04:02 PM
(01-08-2017 01:47 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(01-08-2017 01:40 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Actually, the pyramids are holograms (photons and force fields); it's the moon that is poured concrete.

Dork.

No. More geek, but at least I can separate speculation from conclusion.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
01-08-2017, 04:03 PM
(31-07-2017 06:53 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(31-07-2017 06:31 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It's the shabby-chic look. They pruposely made it look all roughed up, like this table.

[Image: shabby_chic_console_table.jpg]

Don't you know anything Bucky. Sheesh!

My wife likes that style. Dodgy We have an old metal cart in the kitchen that has all kinds of chips in the paint, and it's been there so long that it has rusted, here in the California desert. I'd make her a nice shiny Arts and Crafts style cart but she likes that POS. If she dies before I do, there are a couple of 30-yard dumpsters in my future, after I have some antique maven come in, evaluate, and remove all the shit, like the broken doll bed that she wouldn't let me fix because "It's better that way, and will actually lose value if you fix it". Facepalm

There's a fad in the guitar world called "relicing", which is exactly what it sounds like: new guitars made to look like they've been gigged for half-a-century, paint missing (not just chips, but entire swathes simulating the look of sweat corroding the finish), metal hardware artificially dulled, and so on. And most often the look is clearly artificial.

The funny thing is that most of the guys who will buy a $5,000 Les Paul and then spend another three grand -- yes, three grand for beating up a guitar! -- have mostly seemed to not ever gigged once.

I played many, many gigs on the one guitar in the fifteen years I owned my Les Paul, and while it had honest nicks and dings, and the finish on the neck was a little worn, it never looked quite like the piece of shit that Murphy et al regard as honest relics.

I put my own holes in my own Levi's too, god damn it.

/getoffmygoddamnedlawn
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
01-08-2017, 04:05 PM
(01-08-2017 01:40 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Actually, the pyramids are holograms (photons and force fields); it's the moon that is poured concrete.

I put in a bid on that project, but couldn't get the insurance to cover my workers on the moon without no air to breathe!
01-08-2017, 05:37 PM
(01-08-2017 04:03 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(31-07-2017 06:53 PM)Fireball Wrote:  My wife likes that style. Dodgy We have an old metal cart in the kitchen that has all kinds of chips in the paint, and it's been there so long that it has rusted, here in the California desert. I'd make her a nice shiny Arts and Crafts style cart but she likes that POS. If she dies before I do, there are a couple of 30-yard dumpsters in my future, after I have some antique maven come in, evaluate, and remove all the shit, like the broken doll bed that she wouldn't let me fix because "It's better that way, and will actually lose value if you fix it". Facepalm

There's a fad in the guitar world called "relicing", which is exactly what it sounds like: new guitars made to look like they've been gigged for half-a-century, paint missing (not just chips, but entire swathes simulating the look of sweat corroding the finish), metal hardware artificially dulled, and so on. And most often the look is clearly artificial.

The funny thing is that most of the guys who will buy a $5,000 Les Paul and then spend another three grand -- yes, three grand for beating up a guitar! -- have mostly seemed to not ever gigged once.

I played many, many gigs on the one guitar in the fifteen years I owned my Les Paul, and while it had honest nicks and dings, and the finish on the neck was a little worn, it never looked quite like the piece of shit that Murphy et al regard as honest relics.

I put my own holes in my own Levi's too, god damn it.

/getoffmygoddamnedlawn

At one car forum I am a member of, some guys saw a customization show where one part of the treatment was to take a metal grinder to parts of some new car to give it "patina". He paid extra to have his finish damaged! And the jeans that are torn for you cost more to buy. Huh I have better places for my money.

When I first read your post I had this image, reading relicing as being pronounced re-lie-sing. Laugh out load I was puzzled, but it came clear with your explanation.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
01-08-2017, 05:39 PM
(01-08-2017 01:25 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(01-08-2017 01:23 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Facepalm Because Full Circle moved it. Ref post #18. Do you even read your own threads? Consider

O~h, Jesus fucking Christ, who gives a shit.

Laugh out load Dayam, dude, you crack me right up! Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
01-08-2017, 05:56 PM

And here we have a true idiot, "I wouldn't know a joke if it was pyramid-shaped and I sat upon it by mistake." Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post