The Pyramids are fake!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2017, 05:27 AM
RE: The Pyramids are fake!
(02-08-2017 02:29 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Pyramids, built over long periods of time by people. Fact.

In other news it's been recently discovered that instead of being built by slaves as it was once though, the pyramids where built by volunteers/professionals and all/most were paid well for the work they did.

I read somewhere that Pyramid builders were well paid.

Just imagine, the Pharoah is more or less a dictator and has complete control over the economy. So, he has the wealth to build a Pyramid. Today, it would take someone of immense wealth to build a Pyramid. Comparatively speaking the Pharoah would have been like a " gazillionaire" when you think the rest of the population lived in abject poverty or were slaves.

The thing with the idea of poured concrete is that it opens up the possibility that they could use animals to transport the concrete mix which would radically reduce the time it takes to build them, and the number of people required.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2017, 05:59 AM
(03-08-2017 05:27 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(02-08-2017 02:29 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Pyramids, built over long periods of time by people. Fact.

In other news it's been recently discovered that instead of being built by slaves as it was once though, the pyramids where built by volunteers/professionals and all/most were paid well for the work they did.

Just imagine, the Pharoah is more or less a dictator and has complete control over the economy. So, he has the wealth to build a Pyramid. Today, it would take someone of immense wealth to build a Pyramid. Comparatively speaking the Pharoah would have been like a " gazillionaire" when you think the rest of the population lived in abject poverty or were slaves.

The thing with the idea of poured concrete is that it opens up the possibility that they could use animals to transport the concrete mix which would radically reduce the time it takes to build them, and the number of people required.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your point, wouldn't pouring concrete into a giant mold, make it solid throughout? Then you'd have to wait for it to dry and hollow it out in certain areas, I imagine to do this it'd be easier to mold each section differently as to also do it quick enough you'd be lifting tons of cement to pout in etc, it's just not as easy as you've suggested.

The pyramids, much like any grand structures of the ancient world (The coliseum for example), all took MANY years and hundreds of thousands of people to build. I love how the pyramids always get the attention of "maybe aliens did it" when the coliseum was probably much more complex and took longer to build, but yet the idea of humans building that is perfectly fine.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
03-08-2017, 06:08 AM
(03-08-2017 05:27 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I read somewhere that Pyramid builders were well paid.

Given the archeology taking place around the complexes where they used to rest/eat/sleep/etc while working on the project, in a way 'Yes' they were look after well.

(03-08-2017 05:27 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Just imagine, the Pharoah is more or less a dictator and has complete control over the economy. So, he has the wealth to build a Pyramid.

No... more like a 'King' and all that such entails. From the evidence just of Tutankhamen, Pharoah's weren't immune to 'political' machinations.

So, really, the workers are foing it "For King and country" is not actually too far a stretch. I seem to recal a very recent film about blokes dying for such things.

(03-08-2017 05:27 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Today, it would take someone of immense wealth to build a Pyramid. Comparatively speaking the Pharoah would have been like a " gazillionaire" when you think the rest of the population lived in abject poverty or were slaves.

I would suggests just a different social and economic structure. No wealth need be applied.

(03-08-2017 05:27 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  The thing with the idea of poured concrete is that it opens up the possibility that they could use animals to transport the concrete mix which would radically reduce the time it takes to build them, and the number of people required.

Consider So... if they used animals and not peple hauiling... we'd find evidence of the animal's remains/waste etc?

I'm quite happy to go with that, um, centuries? (A good long while) of acheology reports they've found about the pyramids and such. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
03-08-2017, 06:46 AM
(03-08-2017 05:21 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(02-08-2017 04:50 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  "Everybody's got dead people!"

and?

And what? You weak on dismissals?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2017, 07:25 PM
(01-08-2017 02:11 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(01-08-2017 01:51 PM)Dr H Wrote:  I knew it.

They Zeta reticulans brought us papier-mâché technology.

Did they now? Is that a name you found in your Pokemon manual?

Poke who?

Nah, George Noory has guests on who talk about the Zeta reticulans, all the time.

You'd better bone up on them, lest you become the next alien abductee under discussion on Coast to Coast.

Big Grin

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
03-08-2017, 07:39 PM
Considering the Vatican does not widely admit that the Obelisk in the center of St Peter's square is stolen from Egypt, no not by the Catholic Church, but they will not widely admit that Caligula a brutal dictator stole many Egyptian symbols because he wanted to be a living God. Funny how Christians often claim the God of the bible as a living God.

The only thing the Church did was replace one abuser with another.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
03-08-2017, 07:57 PM
(03-08-2017 05:27 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  

Facepalm
We know the history of Egyptian pyramid building ... the ones that worked, the ones that fell down, (and engineers know why they collapsed). This bullshit of poured concrete is the same as saying aliens did it. It's ludicrous. The Pharaoh was the top of the Egyptian religion. Where his revenue came from is documented in various ways. The encampments of the builders/workers have been excavated, and it is known how they lived. You REALLY ought to pick up a history book before you make a fool of yourself, and make up shit because you think it makes sense today.
http://www.amazon.com/Shifting-Stones-Bu...d+building

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post