The Q mister Protestant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2016, 06:52 PM
The Q mister Protestant
The Q hates that we labeled him as a Protestant. Q you aren't a Roman Catholic , you aren't a Eastern orthodox Christian , you aren't a Oriental orthodox Christian. So by default you are a Protestant Q. You are the mister Protestant.ThumbsupThumbsupBig Grin

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Leo's post
15-03-2016, 07:04 PM
RE: The Q mister Protestant
(15-03-2016 06:52 PM)Leo Wrote:  The Q hates that we labeled him as a Protestant. Q you aren't a Roman Catholic , you aren't a Eastern orthodox Christian , you aren't a Oriental orthodox Christian. So by default you are a Protestant Q. You are the mister Protestant.ThumbsupThumbsupBig Grin

I have run into a lot of Christians who hate to be labeled by any denomination, I can kind of understand since every one has their own set of beliefs that differ and they may not want to adhere to any one specifically. Also who wants to get up early on the weekend to go to church? Then you gotta follow all these rules? But yeah if you're not Orthodox or Catholic you are a Protestant.

For me it's just confusing because wouldn't that mean you just believe Christ died for your sins in your own way? No one worships quite like you do? It's just the church of Q? Ok fine but how would you know you're doing it right? Did God come down and say "Yeah, all the denominations are wrong, just do your own thing. Also Star Trek is freaking awesome, Q is my favorite character by the way, ok bye!" That's one of the biggest flaws of Christianity, there are way too many ways of interpreting it and are they all correct? Just believe and it's all good? Great, but if not, someone's getting ripped off when they die and can't go to Heaven because they weren't doing it right.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like SitaSky's post
15-03-2016, 07:05 PM
Is he? Maybe he is an Old Believer instead?
15-03-2016, 09:12 PM
(15-03-2016 07:04 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  Ok fine but how would you know you're doing it right? Did God come down and say "Yeah, all the denominations are wrong, just do your own thing.

You're doing it right if you accept his interpretation, it's religion for the ego and by the ego.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
15-03-2016, 09:18 PM
He prolly has a debil. Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-03-2016, 09:46 PM
Maybe he is beginning his own translation of the Greek. Kind of like the Q Verdician.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
15-03-2016, 10:44 PM
(15-03-2016 09:46 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Maybe he is beginning his own translation of the Greek. Kind of like the Q Verdician.

Qverdian? Sounds like a doctor's name.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
15-03-2016, 11:54 PM
Yeah this is protestantism. I also find it funny when people reject the name and in the same debate will attempt to tear down Catholics. It's like dude you should be proud to be labeled as a protestor of the Church you seem to carry some type of disgust with the Catholic Church so why not embrace this disgust?

(15-03-2016 07:04 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  That's one of the biggest flaws of Christianity, there are way too many ways of interpreting it and are they all correct? Just believe and it's all good? but if not, someone's getting ripped off when they die and can't go to Heaven because they weren't doing it right.
This is interesting to me because I do agree the many factions within Christianity makes it harder to discern what's right and wrong. I don't think though that it's a flaw in Christianity. If you follow that logic anything that undergoes interpretation is flawed. I believe that if you can first find reasoning to believe in Christianity you should approach each denomination with a similiar, hopefully logical, process. On the last part just to add a more positive spin on what you appear to believe. The Catholic Church teaches something called invincible ignorance basically stating that somebody ignorant to the truth can be exempt from what he does not know. (CCC 1791)
16-03-2016, 03:06 AM
(15-03-2016 10:44 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(15-03-2016 09:46 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Maybe he is beginning his own translation of the Greek. Kind of like the Q Verdician.

Qverdian? Sounds like a doctor's name.

Or a type of jock itch.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
16-03-2016, 05:25 AM
(15-03-2016 11:54 PM)Babakazoo Wrote:  I believe that if you can first find reasoning to believe in Christianity ...

That's a HUGE stumbling block

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post