The REAL reason Darwinists do not want academic freedom

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2014, 03:47 PM
RE: The REAL reason Darwinists do not want academic freedom
(11-03-2014 03:39 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 03:38 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I've got it, it's Ken Ham. "Historical science" right Meng?

Yes, WillHopp.

Do you despute the facts, WillHopp?

God bless you, Willhopp.

~ Miss Meng

Well, there's a strawman, huh Meng, because I'm not saying the effluvium you posted was fact. But, yes, I dispute your post. And Santa loves you.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
11-03-2014, 03:55 PM
(11-03-2014 03:34 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 03:32 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  It has been confirmed through the scientific method.

You do not know this Paranoidsam. You are simply asserting your belief in a THEORY already shown to be shaky, unreliable and very, very vague.

~ Miss Meng

How can you say you don't understand evolution in one breath, and then claim that it is "shaky, unreliable and very, very vague" in the next?

That is a combination of hubris and ignorance, with a dash of stupidity.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
11-03-2014, 03:57 PM
(11-03-2014 03:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  That is a combination of hubris and ignorance, with a dash of stupidity.

You just described the recipe for religion. Stir in some Jesus Juice and bake at 450 for 2000 years.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
11-03-2014, 03:58 PM
(11-03-2014 03:34 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 03:32 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  It has been confirmed through the scientific method.

You do not know this Paranoidsam. You are simply asserting your belief in a THEORY already shown to be shaky, unreliable and very, very vague.

Aren't you special.

I could refer you to introductory texts on the matter (heck, I could refer you to the freaking Wikipedia article).

I could explain to you that the precepts of evolution are impossible for a sane observer to deny - variation, selection, heredity. I could explain to you how these are constantly and ubiquitously verified. I could explain to you in detail the underlying mechanisms of genetics, biochemistry, population dynamics, and ecology.

I could explain to you the vast depth of knowledge and theory present in modern science, to extent of which would be unimaginable to Darwin or any of his contemporaries; I could explain to you how even without the last 150 years of progress there are no competent counterarguments to naturalistic deep time.

I could explain to you how we establish reliability, how multiple sources of evidence may corroborate each other, how the scientific method operates and how its practitioners are fully aware of the limits of their own capacities.

I could explain to you how scientific publication works, how scientific education works, how universities operate, how research is funded and performed, and the self-correcting nature thereof.

Perhaps you would then realize that everything you just said is tragically wrong and powerfully stupid.

But no. We both know there'd be entirely no point. Even assuming you believe this shite, which I doubt, you would ignore it entirely.

But what the shit, I'll throw you a fucking bone:
(16-08-2013 09:46 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Here, I'll do your work for you.
(12-06-2013 09:53 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Speciation: evidence for, speculation on, and discussion of.
Some
examples
from
the
past
year.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
11-03-2014, 03:59 PM
(11-03-2014 03:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 03:34 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  You do not know this Paranoidsam. You are simply asserting your belief in a THEORY already shown to be shaky, unreliable and very, very vague.

~ Miss Meng

How can you say you don't understand evolution in one breath, and then claim that it is "shaky, unreliable and very, very vague" in the next?

Only a dash of stupidity? Shocking

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-03-2014, 04:02 PM
(11-03-2014 03:34 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  You do not know this Paranoidsam. You are simply asserting your belief in a THEORY already shown to be shaky, unreliable and very, very vague.

~ Miss Meng

+1
11-03-2014, 04:06 PM

~ Miss Meng

Where on earth have I said I do not understand evolution, Chas? I understand it perfectly. It is simple fact that it is shaky, unreliable and vague, but I expected you to not have anything of substance other than prepared insults. Miss Meng forgives you, Chas, and hopes you have a lovely day.

God bless you, Chas.

~ Miss Meng
11-03-2014, 05:18 PM
(11-03-2014 03:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 03:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  How can you say you don't understand evolution in one breath, and then claim that it is "shaky, unreliable and very, very vague" in the next?

Only a dash of stupidity? Shocking

I took some pain meds, so I'm mellow. Big Grin

11-03-2014, 05:23 PM
(11-03-2014 04:06 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 03:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  How can you say you don't understand evolution in one breath, and then claim that it is "shaky, unreliable and very, very vague" in the next?

Where on earth have I said I do not understand evolution, Chas? I understand it perfectly. It is simple fact that it is shaky, unreliable and vague, but I expected you to not have anything of substance other than prepared insults. Miss Meng forgives you, Chas, and hopes you have a lovely day.

God bless you, Chas.

~ Miss Meng

Oh, my mistake. It was the disingenuous Dr.James Tour who said those things.

You merely quoted him in support of that - I understood that to mean you agreed with him. Do you?

11-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Did Miss Meng have the humility to post all these asinine topics in the pseudoscience section?

Nah, can't be, she's already demonstrated that humility is an alien concept to her. Drinking Beverage

So I guess I should thank the mods for moving the threads?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post