The Ralph Ellis v. Thomas Verrano debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2014, 06:18 AM
The Ralph Ellis v. Thomas Verrano debate
I was wondering if anyone knew about this exchange on the internet: http://www.westcoasttruth.com/the-thomas...ellis.html

I was told that Ralph Ellis was not banned from this site but he seems to have disappeared.

I looked into him more closely and found this debate going on. What is odd is that Thomas Verrano claims to be all sorts of things like a lecturer and has given papers at various places but when you look at his CV he is just a second year student in some obscure department at Rutgers, probably just learning to read a bit of Greek or something. He seems like one of those permanent students who I used to meet in undergrad who were still in second year, working part time selling stereo equipment aged 33.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2014, 06:19 AM
RE: The Ralph Ellis v. Thomas Verrano debate
Here's a plan. Why don't you take yourself and your Ellis apologetics down the road. Dodgy

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-03-2014, 06:24 AM
(01-03-2014 06:19 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Here's a plan. Why don't you take yourself and your Ellis apologetics down the road. Dodgy

No, I don't like that plan. Can you suggest another? Anyway, I don't need a plan, I am not making an IKEA bookshelf. I am just expressing my own ideas freely as guaranteed under a lot of charters of rights and some amendments to the US consitution.

Are you a fascist by any chance?
01-03-2014, 06:34 AM
(01-03-2014 06:24 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  ... I am just expressing my own ideas freely as guaranteed under a lot of charters of rights and some amendments to the US consitution.

Facepalm

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
01-03-2014, 06:54 AM
(01-03-2014 06:24 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 06:19 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Here's a plan. Why don't you take yourself and your Ellis apologetics down the road. Dodgy

No, I don't like that plan. Can you suggest another? Anyway, I don't need a plan, I am not making an IKEA bookshelf. I am just expressing my own ideas freely as guaranteed under a lot of charters of rights and some amendments to the US consitution.

Ah yes, whiny bitch mode engaged... LOL. Expressing your ideas freely as guaranteed by the US constitution ? Yet when someone asks you freely as guaranteed by the US constitution to piss off, you somehow feel that they're infringing your free rights as guaranteed by the US constitution ? My word... to think that Ralphie is such a high level scholar too, that the US *constitution* is invoked in connection with his name.

TL;DR WTF ?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
01-03-2014, 07:26 AM
(01-03-2014 06:24 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Are you a fascist by any chance?

Technocratic anarchist. Tongue

I personally gave Ralph a chance and weighed both sides. Ellis came up lacking, and his he said/she said bs with Verenna has no place here.

01-03-2014, 07:30 AM
(01-03-2014 06:54 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 06:24 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  No, I don't like that plan. Can you suggest another? Anyway, I don't need a plan, I am not making an IKEA bookshelf. I am just expressing my own ideas freely as guaranteed under a lot of charters of rights and some amendments to the US consitution.

Ah yes, whiny bitch mode engaged... LOL. Expressing your ideas freely as guaranteed by the US constitution ? Yet when someone asks you freely as guaranteed by the US constitution to piss off, you somehow feel that they're infringing your free rights as guaranteed by the US constitution ?

¬¬¬Now, lets examine this. Did I say they were infringing my right to free speech? No. not at all. I merely pointed out what I was doing. In fact, even if the moderators of the forum kicked me out as they did to "Ralphie", they would not be infringing any right I might have because this is their forum and they can do what they want.

My word... to think that Ralphie is such a high level scholar too, that the US *constitution* is invoked in connection with his name.

¬¬¬ An interesting thought, that the US constitution should only be invoked to defend the rights of those who are "high level scholars". I thought it was intended to protect everyone. Silly me. Facepalm

TL;DR WTF ?
01-03-2014, 07:43 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 08:11 AM by Bucky Ball.)
We know all too much about that shit. It's not a "debate". Verenna at least lives on planet Earth. Ellis got nuthin'. He thinks his shit doesn't stink. It's a little tragic, as he might have made a decent historian back when, at some point. But he never had any real education, (therefore no guidance from a "mentor" or someone to point out his "crazy"). He connects dots all over the place which no one else in the entire world even accepts AS dots. Check out his crap about the Masons. Just sad. He thinks there's a grand conspiracy among academics to silence him. Sure there is.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
01-03-2014, 07:44 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 07:51 AM by Deltabravo.)
(01-03-2014 07:26 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 06:24 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Are you a fascist by any chance?

Technocratic anarchist. Tongue

I personally gave Ralph a chance and weighed both sides. Ellis came up lacking, and his he said/she said bs with Verenna has no place here.

Aha! A TA! That explains everything. It all makes perfect sense...

Bear in mind of course that I am not a Christian but I have looked at the history of Edessa where this Jesus of Gamala is from and it is a fascinating place even if you have no interest in the particular subject of my thread. It is now called Sanliurfa, or Glorious Urfu as it has a history of supposedly being where Abraham came from. It seems to be a center of a very old religion and civilization which we don't know much about. One of the discoveries nearby is a series of stone circles dating back 13,000 years. It was a center of religious writing. The crew that came out of that area are the Armenians and the Kurds and its significance has been buried by several hundred years of Muslim rule. The history of the place and surrounding area is being threatened by the Turkish dictator, Mr. Erdogan, who decided to flood the area to make dams without doing the archaeology first.

The dig nearby is Gobekli Tepe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6bekli_Tepe

I find the history of this area fascinating. You can see that the European tribes migrated from this area. Northern Syria was called the County of Edessa and there have been some studies done using infrared imaging which show that the area was completely different a couple of thousand years ago. It had a vast system of roads and was sheep farming country. There are stories of "Avalon" here from the Cruscader days. People around Ankara in Turkey spoke a language similar to that spoken in Trier, Germany, which is said to have been established by an Assyrian prince.

`
01-03-2014, 07:47 AM
Well, that's a different story. And by the way, guy's name is Thomas Verenna. Tongue