The Ralph Ellis v. Thomas Verrano debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2014, 07:46 AM
RE: The Ralph Ellis v. Thomas Verrano debate
(05-04-2014 05:13 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  As some of you already know, after two years at Rutgers, at the end of the current semester, I will be transferring out. This was a hard decision for me, but one I have had to make out of a growing necessity—which I shall explain below.

I mean, if anyone wants to listen what the guy has to say as opposed to passing on second-hand rumors.

He blames others for his own mistakes. It's just part of his whole conspiratorial worldview.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2014, 04:30 PM
Hey db,

you're obviously impressed by some of what Ralph has to say. Why not continue to post it, and see what everyone thinks? When I read Ralph, I can't make head nor tail of what he's trying to say....you've obviously got your head around some of it....if it is that impressive, post it. No doubt it will be criticised, but that won't matter because we will all learn something in the process.
24-01-2015, 02:47 PM
So, there's this thread about how it gets boring without the idiots around, and this one popped up (the OP) and I wondered what my issue was with him (much of which resides here) and I got to wondering what ever happened to that Verenna dude (who I never heard of until Ralphie brought his drama here) and lookit what I found...

http://allthingsliberty.com/2015/01/disc...ty-series/

Seems he traded Bible history for American history, and still seems more scholarly than his detractors.

living word
24-01-2015, 03:01 PM
(24-01-2015 02:47 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  So, there's this thread about how it gets boring without the idiots around, and this one popped up (the OP) and I wondered what my issue was with him (much of which resides here) and I got to wondering what ever happened to that Verenna dude (who I never heard of until Ralphie brought his drama here) and lookit what I found...

http://allthingsliberty.com/2015/01/disc...ty-series/

Seems he traded Bible history for American history, and still seems more scholarly than his detractors.

He's such a nut job aka "Rook Hawkins" from http://www.rationalresponders.com

Reasoning and logic completely eludes that man.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
24-01-2015, 03:04 PM
Lolz... Robbie Pants on that site. Big Grin

living word
24-01-2015, 03:11 PM
(24-01-2015 03:04 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Lolz... Robbie Pants on that site. Big Grin

Ya, I was with a group of history kids under the name of FathomFFI on that site. Rook bans me after I posted a refutation of his position, and claimed the banning was for reasons that he made up in his head.

Here's a link to that idiocy.

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/14157

That was almost 7 years ago.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
24-01-2015, 03:18 PM
(24-01-2015 03:11 PM)Free Wrote:  
(24-01-2015 03:04 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Lolz... Robbie Pants on that site. Big Grin

Ya, I was with a group of history kids under the name of FathomFFI on that site. Rook bans me after I posted a refutation of his position, and claimed the banning was for reasons that he made up in his head.

So... you're a theist troll. I knew there was something fishy about you. Laugh out load

living word
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
24-01-2015, 03:22 PM
(24-01-2015 03:18 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(24-01-2015 03:11 PM)Free Wrote:  Ya, I was with a group of history kids under the name of FathomFFI on that site. Rook bans me after I posted a refutation of his position, and claimed the banning was for reasons that he made up in his head.

So... you're a theist troll. I knew there was something fishy about you. Laugh out load

lol I know. They assigned that tag to me when Rook banned me for kicking his ass. Like a lot of atheist sites, if anyone defends the historicity of Jesus, they ban ya and call ya a theist.

lol

24-01-2015, 03:28 PM
(24-01-2015 03:22 PM)Free Wrote:  Like a lot of atheist sites, if anyone defends the historicity of Jesus, they ban ya and call ya a theist.

lol

Ha. That's what's gonna happen to you in a minute. Tongue

Got me thinking about the TF again. Doesn't the fact that Jesus never fulfilled the messianic requirements make it unlikely that a devout Jew like Josephus would record him as such?

living word
24-01-2015, 03:30 PM
(24-01-2015 03:28 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(24-01-2015 03:22 PM)Free Wrote:  Like a lot of atheist sites, if anyone defends the historicity of Jesus, they ban ya and call ya a theist.

lol

Ha. That's what's gonna happen to you in a minute. Tongue

Got me thinking about the TF again. Doesn't the fact that Jesus never fulfilled the messianic requirements make it unlikely that a devout Jew like Josephus would record him as such?

It's an obvious partial interpolation. It's been bigged up by some Christian scribe at some point.

The Arabic version is likely the real one.