The Ralph Ellis v. Thomas Verrano debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2014, 07:51 AM
RE: The Ralph Ellis v. Thomas Verrano debate
DB - is there some particular topic in the debate that you would like to address ?

State your position and then give reasons why you support this position. Simple enough.
If you can justify those reasons with evidence and site some references, that would be even better.

Also, it doesn't matter if Thomas Verrano is a second year college student. It is the content of what he says that is of issue.
We here, have heard the content of Ralph Ellis on a number of issues. The content of what he has said on this forum has been garbage.

For myself, I don't have a college degree, but that doesn't stop me from having valid arguments or spotting bullshit when I hear it.
There are many professionals that I respect and listen to. Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, the late and great Christopher Hitchens, but I may not agree with everything that they have ever said. I will never argue that this or that argument is valid because so & so said it. That would just be stupid. Arguments stand or fall on their own merit.

So, what would you like to discuss ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2014, 08:07 AM
(01-03-2014 07:44 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I find the history of this area fascinating. You can see that the European tribes migrated from this area. Northern Syria was called the County of Edessa and there have been some studies done using infrared imaging which show that the area was completely different a couple of thousand years ago. It had a vast system of roads and was sheep farming country. There are stories of "Avalon" here from the Cruscader days. People around Ankara in Turkey spoke a language similar to that spoken in Trier, Germany, which is said to have been established by an Assyrian prince.

There was no 'County of Edessa' until the twelfth century when it was created as a Crusader state. That name was the name given by the Crusaders.

You appear to be doing a Ralph Ellis there; creating or implying connections that don't exist. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-03-2014, 08:11 AM
(01-03-2014 07:43 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  We know all too much about that shit. It's not a "debate". Verenna at least lives on planet Earth. Ellis got nuthin'. He thinks his shit doesn't stink. It's a little tragic, as he might have made a decent historian back when, at some point. But he never had any real education, (therefore no guidance from a "mentor" or someone to point out his "crazy"). He connect dots all over the place which no one else in the entire world even accepts AS dots. Check out his crap about the Masons. Just sad. He thinks there's a grand conspiracy among academics to silence him. Sure there is.

Hey dude, I am going to have to correct your Anglish, maan.

We no dat shit. It ain't no dam debate, man, Verrano, he for real. Ellis, he got nuh'n. He say his shit don't stink, but it do man and das fo shu. Is bad, man. He cudda been sumtin back den, but he done got hissell no edjucashun, no shit, and das fo shur. He try to say dem tings but....

So, get it right next time. You are letting yourself down as an intelleshual.
01-03-2014, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 08:25 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(01-03-2014 08:11 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 07:43 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  We know all too much about that shit. It's not a "debate". Verenna at least lives on planet Earth. Ellis got nuthin'. He thinks his shit doesn't stink. It's a little tragic, as he might have made a decent historian back when, at some point. But he never had any real education, (therefore no guidance from a "mentor" or someone to point out his "crazy"). He connect dots all over the place which no one else in the entire world even accepts AS dots. Check out his crap about the Masons. Just sad. He thinks there's a grand conspiracy among academics to silence him. Sure there is.

Hey dude, I am going to have to correct your Anglish, maan.

We no dat shit. It ain't no dam debate, man, Verrano, he for real. Ellis, he got nuh'n. He say his shit don't stink, but it do man and das fo shu. Is bad, man. He cudda been sumtin back den, but he done got hissell no edjucashun, no shit, and das fo shur. He try to say dem tings but....

So, get it right next time. You are letting yourself down as an intelleshual.

I don't need the likes of you to correct anything. If I need any advice, I'll be sure and ask. Apparently you are unable apprehend humor when you see it.
I have nothing to prove here, idiot.
Go fuck yourself.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
01-03-2014, 08:23 AM
(01-03-2014 08:11 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Hey dude, I am going to have to correct your Anglish, maan.

Says the guy who cannot even spell his target's name correctly. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
01-03-2014, 08:29 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 08:38 AM by Deltabravo.)
(01-03-2014 08:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 07:44 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I find the history of this area fascinating. You can see that the European tribes migrated from this area. Northern Syria was called the County of Edessa and there have been some studies done using infrared imaging which show that the area was completely different a couple of thousand years ago. It had a vast system of roads and was sheep farming country. There are stories of "Avalon" here from the Cruscader days. People around Ankara in Turkey spoke a language similar to that spoken in Trier, Germany, which is said to have been established by an Assyrian prince.

There was no 'County of Edessa' until the twelfth century when it was created as a Crusader state. That name was the name given by the Crusaders.

You appear to be doing a Ralph Ellis there; creating or implying connections that don't exist. Facepalm

If you read my post I didn't say it was called the County of Edessa in the first century. I said it has an interesting history and was called the county of Edessa, which is true. I am aware of the history of the area as this is near where I live. I have a view over what was Cilicia from where I am typing right now.

On the contrary, it is you who don't understand what I said and then mangle it and feed it back so I have to then explain how you have got it wrong.

Are you dyslexic by chance because you seem not to be able to discern that people don't always spell out in the simplest possible terms for the lowest level of audience. I do try to assume knowledge of the Cruscades, Guy de Lusignan et al from anyone who would be interested enough to even read my post.
01-03-2014, 08:41 AM
(01-03-2014 08:29 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Are you dyslexic by chance because you seem not to be able to discern that people don't always spell out in the simplest possible terms for the lowest level of audience. I do try to assume knowledge of the Cruscades, Guy de Lusignan et al from anyone who would be interested enough to even read my post.

This has Drich written all over it. Dodgy

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
01-03-2014, 08:58 AM
(01-03-2014 08:23 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 08:11 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Hey dude, I am going to have to correct your Anglish, maan.

Says the guy who cannot even spell his target's name correctly. Tongue

You mean like the guy who can't spell his own user name properly "Blue Suns mercenary". Ever heard of an apostrophy?
01-03-2014, 09:03 AM
(01-03-2014 08:58 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 08:23 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Says the guy who cannot even spell his target's name correctly. Tongue

You mean like the guy who can't spell his own user name properly "Blue Suns mercenary". Ever heard of an apostrophy?

*apostrophe

Are you fucking kidding me? And here I was, just starting to like you. Angry

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
01-03-2014, 09:14 AM
(01-03-2014 08:29 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 08:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  There was no 'County of Edessa' until the twelfth century when it was created as a Crusader state. That name was the name given by the Crusaders.

If you read my post I didn't say it was called the County of Edessa in the first century. I said it has an interesting history and was called the county of Edessa, which is true. I am aware of the history of the area as this is near where I live. I have a view over what was Cilicia from where I am typing right now.

On the contrary, it is you who don't understand what I said and then mangle it and feed it back so I have to then explain how you have got it wrong.

Are you dyslexic by chance because you seem not to be able to discern that people don't always spell out in the simplest possible terms for the lowest level of audience. I do try to assume knowledge of the Cruscades, Guy de Lusignan et al from anyone who would be interested enough to even read my post.

Here is what you wrote:
"I find the history of this area fascinating. You can see that the European tribes migrated from this area. Northern Syria was called the County of Edessa and there have been some studies done using infrared imaging which show that the area was completely different a couple of thousand years ago. It had a vast system of roads and was sheep farming country. There are stories of "Avalon" here from the Cruscader days. People around Ankara in Turkey spoke a language similar to that spoken in Trier, Germany, which is said to have been established by an Assyrian prince."

You have juxtaposed unrelated statements which seems to imply they are related.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]