The Ralph Ellis v. Thomas Verrano debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2014, 12:43 AM
RE: The Ralph Ellis v. Thomas Verrano debate
The war with the Jews lasted over 100 years. At the end of it the Romans destroyed the Temple of Jerusalem.

Inside the Temple were all the writings of the religion which was practiced there... So, where are they and what did they say?

The attitude to that event here is one of "so what, I don't care, you are an asshole, go away".

This forum has all the intellectual credibility of a group of ADHD kindergarten children whose teacher has disappeared.

I just wonder whether Bucky Balls spends his time toggling between this forum and Pokemon videos on Youtube.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2014, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2014 12:26 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(02-03-2014 12:43 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Inside the Temple were all the writings of the religion which was practiced there... So, where are they and what did they say?

This forum has all the intellectual credibility of a group of ADHD kindergarten children whose teacher has disappeared.

I just wonder whether Bucky Balls spends his time toggling between this forum and Pokemon videos on Youtube.

Nice try, Mr -5. Pokemon ? Seriously ? OMF'gG. Not THAT. Such devastating criticism. I don't think I can go on, after THAT.
You have no clue what you are talking about. "All the writings" were not kept in the temple you idiot. Try taking an archaeology course some day.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septuagint
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philo

If you don't like the forum, what the fuck are you doing here ? You whine like a baby, yet here you are.
Feel free to go away.
Before you do, how about use the damn edit function and learn how to spell Tom Verenna's last name.
(And he bitches at *me* about Pokemon). Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
02-03-2014, 08:12 AM
I am convinced that the moniker, "DeltaBravo", stands for "Douche Bag".

Is this moron done Flouncing, or what?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
02-03-2014, 08:15 AM
WTF Taq? Took you forever to get over here. Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2014, 08:32 AM
(02-03-2014 08:15 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  WTF Taq? Took you forever to get over here. Big Grin

LOL went to see a band last night. Gotta get out (and freeze my ass off) sometime eh...? Big Grin

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
02-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Hey, this is really funny:

http://thomasverenna.blogspot.com/
02-03-2014, 10:10 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2014 01:07 PM by Deltabravo.)
Bucky,

The problem you are having is that you don't understand that some people, like myself, can read someone elses ideas and be interested in talking about them without adopting them as their own, or committing to them. Ralph Ellis brings out various correspondences between stories, myths, legends and real people and real places. It is not he who is building these into something which he claims is supported by definitive, written evidence. It is you and others who takes his theory and try to suggest that when he says is a coincidence of characteristics between two historical figures, for instance, he is saying there is "written" evidence of this. It is always a hypothesis but you and others here are trying to discredit him by making out that he is saying the evidence is different than what he say sit is. It is quite clear how he develops his hypothesis and the documents and facts he bases it on.

If, like David Icke, he took this and said that as a result of this, the English Royal Family were descended from reptilian space invaders, then that would be a different matter, but to hypothesize that a Jewish leader was shipped off to England and imprisoned in Dewa, is speculation and a possible explanation of Authurian legends. There isn't anything particularly astonishing about that. People travelled from the Near East to Britain by ships in those days. It isn't that far. I have driven it and it takes a few days. Sailing it would take a few weeks.

It is a hypothesis and if you read what he says, the underpinnings of it are set out quite clearly so I don't have a problem with it.

It seems to me that on this forum it is ok to be foul mouthed and abusive but it isn't acceptable to discuss openly a novel theory. One is immedicately jumped on, insulted and abused. I don't find that to be a sign of intelligence or open-mindedness. It is just bullying and I associate bullying with stupid people who can't control their emotions and just shoot off at the mouth at people they disagree with.

Sorry, but that is the way I see you and a few others here. If someone comes along next week, or next year and shows me something that says that there is some historical document that suggests Jesus was actually Simon Magnus or some other 30s AD character, I would just listen to what they said. I don't have anything invested in Ralph Ellis and I had never heard of him before I joined this forum so I find all this abuse to be pointless.

It is quite clear that this, like many other forums, suffers from a "herd" mentality problem in that a group of people get to know each other and when someone comes along who has different ideas, there is a tendency to lash out at them because on an internet forum it is easy just to poke fun at people you don't agree with, particularly when you have the support of a lot of other people who all like each other. It doesn't seem to be about intellectual curiosity, just socializing with friends and making fun of people for amusement.

So, no, I don't like this forum. I am not impressed by anyone on it except Mark, who has shown he is intelligent and open minded. Also, I have got in touch with Ralph Ellis and had some pleasant exchanges with him and I find him completely straightforward about his views and doesn't push any argument beyond what the evidence shows.

And, as I am not liked here and I find nothing of interest here, I don't intend to hang around.

I have other things in my life to do which are far more rewarding than exchanging unpleasantries with you and your buddies.

Drinking Beverage
02-03-2014, 10:26 AM
IN his recent publications The Dead Sea Scrolls Uncovered (with Michael Wise) and The Dead Sea Scrolls and the First Christians Robert Eisenman has been threatening/promising to redraw the map of Christian origins and now, by God, he has done it. The breadth and detail of Eisenman's investigation are breathtaking, as are its implications. In James the Brother of Jesus he tells the long-lost tale of formative "prehistoric" Christianity as it emerged from the crucible of revolutionary Palestine and from the internecine hostilities between Pauline and Ebionite Christianities. I call it "prehistoric" because Eisenman reconstructs the events lying before and beneath our canonical histories of early Christianity. His enterprise is in this sense akin to that of Burton Mack, that other great delver into the subterrene depths of religious pre-history. Like Mack, Eisenman discovers a "Christianity" (or perhaps a proto-Christianity, or even a pre-Christianity) for which Jesus had not yet attained centrality. Only whereas Mack sees the initial germ of the new religion as a variant of Cynicism, Eisenman rejuvenates, even vindicates, Renan's old claim that Christianity began as "an Essenism." R. M. Price
02-03-2014, 12:33 PM
(02-03-2014 10:10 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Bucky,

The documents inside the Temple were taken by the Romans and they are in the Vatican:

http://smoothstoneblog.com/israel-seeks-...-artifacts

Says a dude who writes a blog. Further, the blog says artifacts -- what 'documents' do you think are hidden away?

I'm sure any artifact containing cold or silver was melted down centuries ago.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-03-2014, 12:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2014 02:02 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(02-03-2014 10:10 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Bucky,

The documents inside the Temple were taken by the Romans and they are in the Vatican:

http://smoothstoneblog.com/israel-seeks-...-artifacts

The referenced article talks about ("never mentioned once" in church history) "temple" artifacts. There is NOT ONE WORD about "writings".
There is no EVIDENCE the Vatican holds them.
I do see your problem however. You don't know the difference between the words "writings" and "temple artifacts", yet somehow you *claim" to be conversant with Linguistics. Hehe.

My grandfather was a Vatican diplomat. We had dinner (when I was very small) with the Director of the Museums. They all had a good laugh about all the *ooooh so secret* shit people say, is in the Vatican. You actually think if they had all that shit, that no one by now would have produced some evidence of that. In the Medieval period, when Jews were hated, they would have LOVED to be able to demonstrate they had it. Please continue to make a fool of yourself.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.