The Ralph Ellis v. Thomas Verrano debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2014, 02:52 PM
RE: The Ralph Ellis v. Thomas Verrano debate
(04-04-2014 02:41 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Bud, if it ain't published in a journal and it ain't reviewed by other Biblical scholars, then it's popular bulllshit no matter how many references he sticks at the end of it.

~~~I was going to write something sensible in response to this but what is the point. You really are a wingnut, Bud.

I'm a wingnut for insisting that I won't accept some wild claim outside of scholarly consensus? Hehehe... hehehehe...

And Ralphie from being a ground-breaking historian is now opening up whole new *vistas* of research which magically excuse him from the need for peer review?

Wingnut... hehehe....

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2014, 02:54 PM
Do you or do you not agree that peer review would be a good thing for Ralph? If not why not?

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
04-04-2014, 03:04 PM
Incidentally, not to harp on too much about it, but when Ralph himself was questioned on this very forum about his stuff not being peer reviewed he did not choose, as you did, to bring up the idea that his field was so fancy that no such thing as peer review existed, he instead moaned about how he could not get acceptance. Also you'll note that you said
Quote:Richard Carrrier says that there were no peer reviewed papers on mythicism before he wrote one....not one.
and he *wrote* a peer reviewed paper. So why can't Ralph?

Bullshit claim is bullshit.

[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
04-04-2014, 04:45 PM
(04-04-2014 01:17 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(02-04-2014 03:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  Ellis's made-up nonsense does not help to debunk Christianity since it so obviously a tissue of supposition, coincidence of translations of words, leaps of illogic, and so on.

You are simply too credulous. I owe neither him nor you any apology for calling his nonsense what it is.

Suck it up big boy and apologize. You know I am right.

Drinking Beverage

It would be difficult for you to be more wrong. Your mind is so open, your brain has oozed out.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-04-2014, 05:14 PM
(04-04-2014 03:04 PM)morondog Wrote:  Incidentally, not to harp on too much about it, but when Ralph himself was questioned on this very forum about his stuff not being peer reviewed he did not choose, as you did, to bring up the idea that his field was so fancy that no such thing as peer review existed, he instead moaned about how he could not get acceptance. Also you'll note that you said
Quote:Richard Carrrier says that there were no peer reviewed papers on mythicism before he wrote one....not one.

Come, now, morondog. I think you already know the answer to that one.

Say it with me, people:
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!1111!!1one!1

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
04-04-2014, 06:44 PM
(04-04-2014 05:14 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(04-04-2014 03:04 PM)morondog Wrote:  Incidentally, not to harp on too much about it, but when Ralph himself was questioned on this very forum about his stuff not being peer reviewed he did not choose, as you did, to bring up the idea that his field was so fancy that no such thing as peer review existed, he instead moaned about how he could not get acceptance. Also you'll note that you said

Come, now, morondog. I think you already know the answer to that one.

Say it with me, people sheeple:

fixt

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
04-04-2014, 06:55 PM
(04-04-2014 06:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-04-2014 05:14 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Come, now, morondog. I think you already know the answer to that one.

Say it with me, people sheeple:

fixt

Weeping

Self, I am disappoint.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
04-04-2014, 06:56 PM
(04-04-2014 06:55 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(04-04-2014 06:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  fixt

Weeping

Self, I am disappoint.

[Image: Odqpt7c.gif]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
04-04-2014, 08:08 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2014 08:13 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(04-04-2014 02:35 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 07:43 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  We know all too much about that shit. It's not a "debate". Verenna at least lives on planet Earth. Ellis got nuthin'. He thinks his shit doesn't stink. It's a little tragic, as he might have made a decent historian back when, at some point. But he never had any real education, (therefore no guidance from a "mentor" or someone to point out his "crazy"). He connects dots all over the place which no one else in the entire world even accepts AS dots. Check out his crap about the Masons. Just sad. He thinks there's a grand conspiracy among academics to silence him. Sure there is.

Verano is no longer an Atheist.

While he touted himself as having a connection with Rutgers, he was, in truth, only a second year student, having taken about 5 years to achieve that status. He published nothing in any peer reviewed journals and has now left Rutgers without having received a degree.

Gasp

Your POINT is what ?
1. Who in the FUCK are you even talking about ? His damn name is Thomas Verenna. Like we're supposed to buy one thing you say and you can't even spell his damn name right ?
2. I could care less what his personal views about deities are.
3. Verenna and Ellis are independent and in no way related, as far as I'm concerned. Ellis is an idiot, regardless of anything Verenna may or may not have said or done.
I think we begin to see why you find Ellis compelling. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
05-04-2014, 05:13 AM
As some of you already know, after two years at Rutgers, at the end of the current semester, I will be transferring out. This was a hard decision for me, but one I have had to make out of a growing necessity—which I shall explain below.

I mean, if anyone wants to listen what the guy has to say as opposed to passing on second-hand rumors.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post