The Random Acts of Kindness Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Wink The Random Acts of Kindness Thread
A place where we can titter with glee Big Grin as we recount little things we did (or saw someone else do!) to brighten someone's day....anonymity makes it even more fun Angel

I'll start:

I have some daily bus passes a friend gave me, knowing that I can't always get my monthly pass on time. The other day it was cold (for Florida) & I was already on the bus but the driver waved on a young woman who had been standing in the weather for 5 minutes searching for her pass. She sat across from me and continued searching, though I noticed the driver didn't seem all that concerned. The girl continued to look a little nervous so as I exited the bus I slipped her a daily pass and her expression was priceless. *sigh* Smile

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like Percepticon's post
22-02-2012, 03:02 PM
RE: The Random Acts of Kindness Thread
I gave two Arctic foxes food - lunch meat, chips, steak... I know, we're not supposed to feed the foxes, rabbits or polar bears. But dang it! They're so cute and furry and those cute little noses are just to die for.

"I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders...
Thanks for getting off my back!"
-
Arcticspear Idea
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like arcticspear's post
22-02-2012, 03:04 PM
You've just won the...
Positive atheism award!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=151]
The positive atheism award is given to the poster of a tread that proves atheism is a positive way of living. Your reputation was given a +1. Congratulations!

(ps: I moved your tread)

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 3 users Like Observer's post
22-02-2012, 04:16 PM
My neighbor is an elderly woman who was living up in New York while her son took care of the house. I would frequently help him with his computer when he got a virus, but I hadn't heard from him for a while. I didn't know this, but he had died back in June and she had come back down from NY to take care of the house and grieve. She is just completely destroyed. I offered to help her with the house in whatever ways I can- but unfortunately I am probably the least handy person when it comes to home maintenance. Since she doesn't use a computer, there's not much I can offer. But her water system was a mess. It was constantly running, overflowing and creating a pond in her back yard, it was covered in algae and hadn't been maintained in years. I helped her get it all cleaned out over about a week's worth of work and helped her get a professional water guy come out and fix the problems.

I know it did little to help her feel better- nothing can- but I hope at least it's made things easier for her. And now she can use the water without having to boil it first.

Atheists are positive and helpful too!
[+] 3 users Like kineo's post
22-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Today I helped an old lady halfway across a busy road… It’s a start…

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Karl's post
22-02-2012, 11:54 PM
(22-02-2012 11:44 PM)Karl Wrote:  Today I helped an old lady halfway across a busy road… It’s a start…
Start where you are, Karl Smile

Today I gave my extra umbrella to a half-asleep guy on the bus who was on the way to the hospital.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
[+] 1 user Likes Percepticon's post
23-02-2012, 12:11 AM
I didn't kick the shit out of any of the dogs today.

[Image: ThePack.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-02-2012, 12:24 AM
(22-02-2012 11:54 PM)ValerieAnn1975 Wrote:  
(22-02-2012 11:44 PM)Karl Wrote:  Today I helped an old lady halfway across a busy road… It’s a start…

Today I gave my extra umbrella to a half-asleep guy on the bus who was on the way to the hospital.

Ok, probably opening a big can of worms here, but Valerie, why did you have an extra umbrella?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
23-02-2012, 01:09 AM
(23-02-2012 12:24 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(22-02-2012 11:54 PM)ValerieAnn1975 Wrote:  

Ok, probably opening a big can of worms here, but Valerie, why did you have an extra umbrella?

No worms Smile I keep one at work and one at home, since I use the,bus and never know when I might need it.

23-02-2012, 01:34 AM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2012 01:37 AM by Erxomai.)
Well if you keep one at work and one at home, then you must have had a third umbrella...no, a third and fourth umbrella because you gave away the extra, which was number 4, retaining posession of number 3, whilst 1 and 2 are kept at home and the office.

Seems like so much to keep track of. How on earth do you do it?
Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel