The Random Acts of Kindness Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2012, 08:36 AM
RE: The Random Acts of Kindness Thread
(23-02-2012 01:34 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Well if you keep one at work and one at home, then you must have had a third umbrella...no, a third and fourth umbrella because you gave away the extra, which was number 4, retaining posession of number 3, whilst 1 and 2 are kept at home and the office.

Seems like so much to keep track of. How on earth do you do it?
Big Grin

Make that 5, actually--one to keep knuckleheads in line Tongue

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Percepticon's post
23-02-2012, 10:08 AM
(22-02-2012 11:44 PM)Karl Wrote:  Today I helped an old lady halfway across a busy road… It’s a start…
...and left her in the middle Big Grin

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Observer's post
23-02-2012, 11:16 AM
(23-02-2012 12:11 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I didn't kick the shit out of any of the dogs today.

[Image: ThePack.jpg]

With all those pups running around, it's a miracle that you didn't!
23-02-2012, 11:29 AM
(22-02-2012 11:44 PM)Karl Wrote:  Today I helped an old lady halfway across a busy road… It’s a start…

It's the the thought that counts... You did good!

"I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders...
Thanks for getting off my back!"
-
Arcticspear Idea
23-02-2012, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2012 03:19 PM by Percepticon.)
Some guy held up traffic to let ducks cross the street, and even got out of his truck to help the lame baby duck catch up to his mom and sibs <3

Annddd....

A police officer stopped just to let me cross the street...it was his right of way, not a busy street, and I wasn't at a crosswalk. Smile

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Percepticon's post
09-01-2014, 07:15 PM
I just started listening to the podcast, and I thought I would share an amazing act of kindness that happened to me.

I live in BC Canada, and I'm on disability. So money is tight. In the middle of last month I went to the dentist because of a tooth ache, I was told that I had $1000 in insurance to cover the expenses. It turned out I had a abscess and required a root canal. After the drilling was finished I went to the front desk to deal with the cost, and it turned out that the insurance will not cover root canals. So instead of having the cost covered, I was given a bill of around $700. I almost broke down crying. So I ended up talking to my parents, asking for help. My dad told me he would help cover it, and my mom ended up on the phone talking to the Government. Later the next day, my mother had posted my situation on her facebook. It turned out that one of her teammates is dating one of the dentist that work at the place I got the work done, and he offered to finish the work for free. When I heard this I got quite teary eyed.

A major lesson that I learned was that, if you don't ask for help no one will know you need help.
10-01-2014, 04:09 PM
My wife and I bought a family's food order at a drive thru window recently. It is a good feeling when you get up to the window to pay and they say it was taken car of already (happened to us once). It was a trend started before the holidays and we hope it keeps going.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
10-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Today I didn`t kill my roommate.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
10-01-2014, 05:35 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2014 10:45 PM by Bucky Ball.)
We have one of there here also.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ard-thread

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
26-02-2014, 08:55 AM
I was in Schiphol (airport) once about to board a plane to Australia. There was a family asleep on the floor in the waiting area. One of them was a young kid who appeared to be shivering in his sleep. I took off my jacket and put it over him.
[+] 1 user Likes jockmcdock's post