The Random Acts of Kindness Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2014, 01:54 AM
RE: The Random Acts of Kindness Thread
I apparently went through a mild philanthropic episode about a week ago. (The doctors have put me on medication; I'm doing ok now)

First, there was a guy dressed as the Statue of Liberty dancing on the sidewalk to sell insurance. What struck me was that, despite the fact that it was literally below freezing out, he was dancing and singing at the top of his lungs and owning the ever-loving fuck out of it. I thought it was awesome, so after I got my groceries in the nearby store, I got $20 cash back and gave it to him. I told him "You fucking OWN that shit, bro!"

Then, a few days later, there was a huge snowstorm here and the roads were virtually impassable. I just got a Jeep, though, so I was 4-wheeling it all the way and happened upon an old guy trekking through the snow and ice. I passed him, but a dozen or so yards up the road, I decided it'd be dickish to just keep going, so backed up and asked him if he wanted a ride. He accepted and I drove him to his apartment.

THEN, I gave my paintball gun to the neighbor's kid. His mom and I are chummy and at the New Year's party, her 12-year-old son and I got to talking and I told him I had a paintball gun that he might be interested in. (I was looking to get rid of it anyway…it was an adolescent-minded investment) His mom said it was cool, so I gave it to him last week. His mom said he was super stoked about it and was showing it off to his dad with a huge smile on his face.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2014, 05:02 AM
Being nice in the morning is painful; I said, "good morning" to my neighbor.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
Find all posts by this user
31-03-2014, 01:51 PM
I took four Somali Bantu teenage boys to see The Monuments Men at the two dollar theater. I figure they should have at least one American in their lives not trying to convert them to Christianity.
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The compliment thread Buddy Christ 139 7,575 17-02-2014 12:55 AM
Last Post: Escape Artist
  The "paying it forward" thread Bucky Ball 30 1,428 05-06-2013 09:43 AM
Last Post: Bows and Arrows
  The hash out thread kingschosen 18 880 01-08-2012 02:49 PM
Last Post: lucradis
  Forum-easter-drink picture-thread 2012 Leela 27 1,896 12-04-2012 12:51 AM
Last Post: Erxomai