Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2011, 11:22 PM
The Rapture has been rescheduled:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/24/us/24rapture.html
Quote:An Autumn Date for the Apocalypse
By THE NEW YORK TIMES
Published: May 23, 2011

OAKLAND, Calif. — Here we go again. A California religious radio impresario who predicted — wrongly — that the end of the world would begin on May 21 revised his prophesy on Monday, saying now that the end is due in October.

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2011, 01:16 PM
RE: The Rapture has been rescheduled:
Shocking.

Actually I'm a little surprised, I just expected some rationalization. To be as 'certain' as he was, this takes some real chutzpah to reformulate the nonsense.

We all enter this world in the same way: naked; screaming; soaked in blood. But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have to stop there.
Dana Gould
Find all posts by this user
24-05-2011, 02:08 PM

Camping is 89 years old. Maybe he'll get Raptured before October (die of old age) and then we won't have to hear a con man try to fail at saving face.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GassyKitten's post
24-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Well , they'll just move it to October 21 st 2011 , and then to May 21 st 2012 , and then December 21 st 2012 and then ... (+1 rep if you are first to get the movie reference )

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
26-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Damn, I've got other plans for October 21. This just won't work at all for me.

Hey, I wonder if I can get god to change the date? Let me get started on that.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
26-05-2011, 05:51 PM

my dad's birthday is the day of the rapture! Big Grin

next thing you know this guy's going to be saying, " i made a mistake with my calculations. turns out it'll be 12-21-12. "
26-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Putting my Go-bag back in the closet.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
26-05-2011, 09:03 PM

I'm hoping in the next few weeks I'll have an idea that will let me bilk sheep out of their money, offering some promise of service when this latest lift off occurs, so I can be richer at the expense of their self-imposed idiot tax. Thus far, all the good scams are taken. Rapture email, Rapture pet care. Maybe I could offer left behind clothing recycling. For the greenie amid the saved! For a lifetime membership of just $10.00, I'll personally collect all the discarded attire of the Raptured and make sure that the damned, during the 7 years of tribulation, are at least clothed because god don't like ugly and the fig leaves prove he ain't fond of neKKid either.
Then again, I've watched Televangelist Bishop T.D Jakes, and I can't say as I blame her.
27-05-2011, 12:43 AM

This is just an old man who really wants to be right one last time. We know that in October nothing will happen or on any other date that he trumps up. He will never have the realization that it just aint going to happen because he wants it to be true.
27-05-2011, 01:35 AM

Harold has reinvented himself... yet again
In a bid to be the scientist of note that he is, Harold has gone back to the drawing board (good thing he is well funded for his research).
So, after retooling his efforts (with little loss of funding and minimum deaths), the latest spin of the Apocalypse dial has revealed a new
leave-your-clothes date: 10-21-11

Be there, taste it... uhmm... buy your clothes on credit

[Image: the-rapture-suit.jpg]