The Really Stupid Part of Creationism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2016, 09:01 PM
RE: The Really Stupid Part of Creationism
Laugh out loadLaugh out load "The really stupid part of creationism" Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Oy. And there are less stupid parts? Dodgy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
26-01-2016, 02:33 AM
You have to throw so much good well-founded science - biology, geology, physics, biochemistry, astronomy and palaeontology - out of the window and embrace such a huge steaming shit-load of gibberish in order to even entertain the absurd notion of creationism.

The really stupid part of creationism is that when confronted with logic/reason/science/evidence they are so bloody dishonest........but think they're being clever by being dishonest.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 1 user Likes Silly Deity's post
26-01-2016, 06:04 AM
(23-01-2016 06:37 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  What gets me ---

Is the creationist type believes it impossible for the universe to have always existed, and must have been created.

But

The idea of some invisible, immortal cockknocker who has the magical powers to come along and create a universe.... THAT they have no problem with.....

Blink

A biblical reference can apply here, the verse where it says they strain at a gnat, but swallow a camel. Facepalm

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
26-01-2016, 12:36 PM
I heard a really good one lately.

If a maximaly powerful being had to fine tune the universe. He couldn't possibly me maximley powerful. If he's maximley powerful then he could just making it without fine-tuning anything.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
26-01-2016, 01:02 PM
Yeah. Not that I ever argue this way, but the idea that everything that exists must have been created. Yet there exists this being that was not created but created everything else...makes no sense. It's an uninformed attempt at understanding existence. The model breaks under simple logic.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
26-01-2016, 06:15 PM
(25-01-2016 08:34 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(23-01-2016 08:06 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  I find it funny as well.

Believer: How do you account for existence without God, huh, huh, huh? Take that atheist!

Me: Let me get this straight. Does your God exist.

Believer: He does, absolutely, and you can"t prove that he doesn't.

Me: Let's not try to prove any negatives here. In a minute this won't be necessary anyway. So you claim that your God exists. Then you are pointing to something that exists in order to explain existence? Do you see the problem here?

Believer: (evading these questions) How do you account for life, huh, huh, huh? Take that atheist!

Me: Let me get this straight. Is your God alive?

Believer: He sure is. We don't call him the living God without a reason.

Me: So you are pointing at something that is alive, in order to account for life? How have you made any progress towards accounting for life?

Believer: Blank out.

Blank out, or come back with all sorts of hapless BS they are convinced are "proof", ad infinitum, or just post complete shit to get some kind of jollies from it. They know who they are, here.

I don't think they can hide from themselves that they have no answer to these type of questions. They have to know that there position is untenable. Or maybe they can compartmentalise.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
26-01-2016, 06:17 PM
(26-01-2016 06:15 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(25-01-2016 08:34 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Blank out, or come back with all sorts of hapless BS they are convinced are "proof", ad infinitum, or just post complete shit to get some kind of jollies from it. They know who they are, here.

I don't think they can hide from themselves that they have no answer to these type of questions. They have to know that there position is untenable. Or maybe they can compartmentalise.

[Image: Evol.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
26-01-2016, 06:21 PM
(23-01-2016 06:47 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(23-01-2016 06:37 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  What gets me ---

Is the creationist type believes it impossible for the universe to have always existed, and must have been created.

But

The idea of some invisible, immortal cockknocker who has the magical powers to come along and create a universe.... THAT they have no problem with.....

Blink

Because only the unmoved mover and be the unmoved mover and the unmoved mover must be a man with a beard.

Couldn't trust a woman with the job!
26-01-2016, 06:23 PM
I have run into several creationists who also believe in evolution. They say that "day" in the bible really refers to many years. I then ask them "Since death did not enter the world until Adam sinned, how did all those animals die before Adam?" The answer I get most often is "I don't know, but I still believe it." You either believe creationism or you don't. I don't understand this evolutionary creationism at all.

Gods don't like people not doing much work. People who aren't busy all the time might start to think.
Terry Pratchett, Small Gods
26-01-2016, 06:32 PM
(26-01-2016 06:23 PM)rebel*ox Wrote:  I have run into several creationists who also believe in evolution. They say that "day" in the bible really refers to many years. I then ask them "Since death did not enter the world until Adam sinned, how did all those animals die before Adam?" The answer I get most often is "I don't know, but I still believe it." You either believe creationism or you don't. I don't understand this evolutionary creationism at all.

"Evolutionary creationism" or "theistic evolution" is inconsistent with the evidence.

One has to commit some fallacies to argue that it is,
e.g. God guides it and leaves no trace (special pleading, argument from ignorance), assuming that a god exists (begging the question, appeal to authority).

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post