The Reason I Despise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2012, 09:04 PM
RE: The Reason I Despise
Oh, well I'm the filthy heathen; it's ok if she turns against me. Dodgy

She's actually hinted on occasion that she's given up with me and my sister. My sister asked me questions about my atheism and eventually became one herself. So, one night we were visiting home and my brother mentioned something about ancient gods (referencing a show on the History channel) and how it "made no sense". I thought it was funny, so I relayed the story to my mom. To my surprise, she became furious and assumed that I was trying to turn her kid into an atheist. So she said "We've got one more chance to raise a child to be in Jehovah's kingdom; I don't want you messing this up." She then threatened to not allow me near the child again.

So, I figure she realizes that my sister and I are bound for eternal destruction, so she's focusing on her "last chance" now. During my 20 years as a witness, that's been my observation. When someone turns away, they have their "name erased from the book of life" and the families shrug them off as the lost causes that they are. "Don't worry," they'd say, "when we're in Paradise, after a while, we wont remember the old sinful world. Including its sinners."

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2012, 09:16 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2012 09:28 PM by ShirubaDangan.)
[Edit]
His name is Luis Bracamontes(My Mother has told me his correct name). He also has a home in St. Louis.
[Post Edit]
That is all my father is willing to tell me but he is disappointed with his friend and he grew up with him. He has been trying to get a hold of other family members to help them try and convince him to return his daughter to a hospital.

I agree with Phaedrus and think this is just murder. I also agree with KingCharlemagne and believe the government should interfere and protect a child from the harm of their parents. I see no difference in this and neglecting, harming or endangering a child. It is the same even with the excuse of a deity.

And I'm sorry Misanthropik for what your mother places faith in. Believing in a God who wishes a child to die is one who is sick. I could not imagine giving up one of my siblings to a horrid disease, that I could cure, because a deity demands it. If I was ever told by a God to do so; In the great words of Christopher Hitchens: "I'd say no, Fuck you."

I do see most religions as cults and those who control the minds of the young are the most wicked. To not allow people to have choices in matters and herd them like sheep is detestable. People need to question for themselves, think freely and open their minds.

I hope your brother understands why you are not a believer and in the end maybe you can at least convince him that life is more important than this blood issue.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ShirubaDangan's post
03-12-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm sure he'll pick up on it in time. While I'm not actively trying to turn him against the religious nonsense, I am teaching him how to be a free-thinker.
When he started school, I was asked to inform the staff that he is to be denied blood in the case of an emergency. Needless to say, I refused, so they (my parents) had to go in and do it themselves.
It's only a matter of time before they give him his own "NO BLOOD" card. (Yes, they have cards to carry in their wallets/purses for EMS personnel to find)

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
03-12-2012, 09:32 PM
(03-12-2012 09:04 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Oh, well I'm the filthy heathen; it's ok if she turns against me. Dodgy

She's actually hinted on occasion that she's given up with me and my sister. My sister asked me questions about my atheism and eventually became one herself. So, one night we were visiting home and my brother mentioned something about ancient gods (referencing a show on the History channel) and how it "made no sense". I thought it was funny, so I relayed the story to my mom. To my surprise, she became furious and assumed that I was trying to turn her kid into an atheist. So she said "We've got one more chance to raise a child to be in Jehovah's kingdom; I don't want you messing this up." She then threatened to not allow me near the child again.

So, I figure she realizes that my sister and I are bound for eternal destruction, so she's focusing on her "last chance" now. During my 20 years as a witness, that's been my observation. When someone turns away, they have their "name erased from the book of life" and the families shrug them off as the lost causes that they are. "Don't worry," they'd say, "when we're in Paradise, after a while, we wont remember the old sinful world. Including its sinners."
Holy shit, not so far off from what my mother is doing with her stepson. I've never met the little guy. I didn't know I had a stepbrother until two years after she got remarried. But those exact lines were said to me (it was a little creepy reading your post). She's not a nurturing mother, considering her track record. I hope the little guy retains some sense of identity and realizes the truth behind their 'truth'.

I agree with you on the respect thing with one added clause: some people probably shouldn't even bother earning the respect, because the hole they dug was too deep.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
03-12-2012, 09:33 PM
http://www.azfamily.com/news/Police-foun...33121.html

More information. They found her father Luis Bracamontes but no sign of her daughter. They still don't know why they did it but I hope once it becomes realized that this thing becomes publicized and we do something about it.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

04-12-2012, 03:55 AM
(03-12-2012 09:22 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I'm sure he'll pick up on it in time. While I'm not actively trying to turn him against the religious nonsense, I am teaching him how to be a free-thinker.
When he started school, I was asked to inform the staff that he is to be denied blood in the case of an emergency. Needless to say, I refused, so they (my parents) had to go in and do it themselves.
It's only a matter of time before they give him his own "NO BLOOD" card. (Yes, they have cards to carry in their wallets/purses for EMS personnel to find)

This whole anti-transfusion thing is a ridiculous misinterpretation of a couple of ridiculous verses on ridiculous dietary rules from a ridiculous book of myths.

How do people believe this ridiculous shit? What the actual fuck?!?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
04-12-2012, 04:10 AM
(04-12-2012 03:55 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-12-2012 09:22 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I'm sure he'll pick up on it in time. While I'm not actively trying to turn him against the religious nonsense, I am teaching him how to be a free-thinker.

This whole anti-transfusion thing is a ridiculous misinterpretation of a couple of ridiculous verses on ridiculous dietary rules from a ridiculous book of myths.

And the most unfortunate part is the endangerment of innocent lives.

I cannot comprehend it myself.

[+] 2 users Like ShirubaDangan's post
04-12-2012, 04:19 AM
(03-12-2012 06:39 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Just a different type of murder.
A slow, painful, extremely sick murder. With a huge dose of torture thrown in for good measure. All to appease their all-loving, benevolent god.

How can anyone do this to a human being and what is more, to their own child, is beyond me. Some people should not be allowed to procreate. Or even to take care of an animal.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
04-12-2012, 08:23 AM
(04-12-2012 03:55 AM)Chas Wrote:  This whole anti-transfusion thing is a ridiculous misinterpretation of a couple of ridiculous verses on ridiculous dietary rules from a ridiculous book of myths.

In order to be of the true religion, you have to distinguish yourself from others. At first it's all warm and snugly but when the shit hits the fan and you're told suffering shows you are faithful, and the acts that you put yourself through proves to others your faith is so strong you're willing to put your ass on the line, others will gain more faith in your religion.

These proofs in acts are horrifying while serving a twisted purpose in their religion machine.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post