The Reason in the season.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2010, 11:50 AM

The Reason in the season.
If only I was rich I'd have these in my State along the main thoroughfare.

[Image: americanatheistsbillboard.jpg]

NORTH BERGEN, N.J. (1010 WINS) – An atheist group that has paid for a large billboard outside the Lincoln Tunnel reading “You KNOW it’s a Myth” says it is targeting “closet” atheists as part of its Christmas season campaign.

The large billboard featuring a silhouette of a traditional manger scene is located on the New Jersey side of the tunnel and sponsored by a group called American Atheists. (More)
Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2010, 04:28 PM
RE: The Reason in the season.
I hope to see this sign back near the Washington State Christmas Tree:

[Image: athiest-sign-at-wa-state.jpg]

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2010, 05:26 PM

I'd like to see that too. But in all likelihood it would soon be vandalized by those who fancy themselves as, Christ like.
30-11-2010, 06:22 AM
The local KofC place a non-secular manger scene on the community commons in my town each year. Last year I mentioned this on a local discussion board (I mentioned - I did not complain) and learned that since the city places a holiday tree there, that makes the creche a part of a secular display. Okay - I thought - fine. Then I can add some of my own non-secular items to this ecumenical secular display. I made a spaghetti monster out of LED lights and hung that near the nativity along with an aluminum Festivus pole. This year I'm adding a menorah. Next year I'm adding a stupa.
Find all posts by this user
30-11-2010, 06:57 PM
(29-11-2010 11:50 AM)GassyKitten Wrote:  If only I was rich I'd have these in my State along the main thoroughfare.

[Image: americanatheistsbillboard.jpg]

NORTH BERGEN, N.J. (1010 WINS) – An atheist group that has paid for a large billboard outside the Lincoln Tunnel reading “You KNOW it’s a Myth” says it is targeting “closet” atheists as part of its Christmas season campaign.

The large billboard featuring a silhouette of a traditional manger scene is located on the New Jersey side of the tunnel and sponsored by a group called American Atheists. (More)

The newscast in that article was a bit aggravating. Way to get any alternative view points, news channel. Ah well. What do you expect?

I feel this is relevant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xayDw2gS7-0
Find all posts by this user
30-11-2010, 07:23 PM

(30-11-2010 06:57 PM)UtahSkeptic Wrote:  I feel this is relevant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xayDw2gS7-0

Christian propaganda. The reason for the season...? They stole from the Pagans. So it's ironic that a secularist point of view, is thought in that movie, to be stealing their seasons meaning.