The Religion-Defender

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2015, 09:19 AM
The Religion-Defender
Your thoughts on this read?

Definining the Audacious Religion Defender

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression.
-- Thomas Paine,
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Forthright Atheist's post
12-06-2015, 03:53 PM
RE: The Religion-Defender
I'll read this in a bit...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
12-06-2015, 08:57 PM
Poorly written and not particularly insightful, IMO. Almost seems to be written by someone with English as a second language. The first sentence sounds like something Yoda would say, for instance.
12-06-2015, 11:06 PM
I agree with mordant. I found he did not clearly define religion defender from the outset as well as he could.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
13-06-2015, 05:02 AM
The person writing this article clearly has an issue transferring thought to paper (or PC in this case). The sentence structures are horrible, it's extremely verbose and the syntax adds nothing to the article. It appears as if someone is trying to communicate what could be a very easy point but has gone completely overboard by trying to sound intelligent and failing by a milestone.

Writing doesn't have to be difficult:

Introduction and Thesis
Transition
Body (points that need to be made)
Transition
Conclusion

It's as simple as that. Hell, that's writing One-zero-One that most people should already be aware of.

As far as the content, identifying logical fallacies in arguments by anecdotal evidence is fine but it feels like the writer completely loses the point within a swirling whirlpool of semantics.

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
13-06-2015, 06:10 AM
Hehe, you asked for the straight dope, Forthy, and by damn, you got it Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-06-2015, 12:06 AM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2015 12:23 AM by Forthright Atheist.)
Some areas do show writing in a complicated form.

I disagree with the notion of the writer being unable to define the "religion-defender". The writer has noted countless points on the matter.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression.
-- Thomas Paine,
15-06-2015, 12:28 AM
(15-06-2015 12:06 AM)Forthright Atheist Wrote:  Some areas do show writing in a complicated form.

I disagree with the notion of the writer being unable to define the "religion-defender". The writer has noted countless points on the matter.

Rolleyes Come on dude. You asked for comments. If you don't like 'em that's your problem.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-06-2015, 12:33 AM
WTF was that shit????

"Look at me try to squeeze in as many BIG words as I can while adding nothing new to the subject matter."

I want my minutes back!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.