The Religion Of Tomasia-What is this ROT?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2016, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2016 12:17 PM by Tomasia.)
RE: The Religion Of Tomasia-What is this ROT?
(29-06-2016 11:24 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Ah yes. More presumptuous BS stereotyping from the idiot who bashes atheists with his atheist stereotypes, EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK. There are people here who know FAR FAR FAR more about religion than you ever will, Tommy Boy. FAR more. We are competent to judge "orthodoxy", and your lame attempt to yet again wiggle out, falls on it's ass. So instead of addressing the POINTS, all you can do is dismiss the POINTS, because they come from a non-believer.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE THEN ????

I NEVER said anything about Hitler. More BS stereotyping. But of course I'm "polluted" and "warped". Facepalm

Listen dear, the Harvard Divinity School is FULL of atheists as are many of the other major schools ... Who could actually study all that BS and take it seriously ? I've had them for teachers. Your presumptuous BS about who knows what about what, is ALL totally false. Maybe some day you'll get out from your little Fundie Bible College environment, and discover the really big world. You have NEVER ONCE written or presented ONE thing here that would be acceptable as a "paper" in and institution of higher learning about religion, or any related topic. So all in all, you FAILED yet again to actually address the POINT. The POINT is you are no Christian. You views are not orthodox, and are in compliance with no known sect of Christianity. You have made up your own cult. You are not a Christian, except by your OWN definition.

Historically, one of the defining hallmarks of Christianity is that it comes only in "communities". .... not in "individual flavors". The faith community is the arbiter of the truth of religious experience. (It's one of the reasons Mormonism went so off the rails ... no community to keep Old Joe on track). Christianity does not come in "individual" packets.

Preach it my atheist brother, tell us Christians, what it means to self-identify as a Christian, what apostate and orthodox beliefs are, and remind us how we're suppose to take you seriously.

But I'd like to hear more about which self-identifying Christians, you'd claim are not. John Dominic Crossan? Marcus Borg? MLK? Rene Girard? Dostoevsky? Oscar Romero? Desmond Tutu? Bonhoeffer? How about Donald Trump? Christian or not Christian?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2016, 12:21 PM
(29-06-2016 12:11 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 11:24 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Ah yes. More presumptuous BS stereotyping from the idiot who bashes atheists with his atheist stereotypes, EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK. There are people here who know FAR FAR FAR more about religion than you ever will, Tommy Boy. FAR more. We are competent to judge "orthodoxy", and your lame attempt to yet again wiggle out, falls on it's ass. So instead of addressing the POINTS, all you can do is dismiss the POINTS, because they come from a non-believer.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE THEN ????

I NEVER said anything about Hitler. More BS stereotyping. But of course I'm "polluted" and "warped". Facepalm

Listen dear, the Harvard Divinity School is FULL of atheists as are many of the other major schools ... Who could actually study all that BS and take it seriously ? I've had them for teachers. Your presumptuous BS about who knows what about what, is ALL totally false. Maybe some day you'll get out from your little Fundie Bible College environment, and discover the really big world. You have NEVER ONCE written or presented ONE thing here that would be acceptable as a "paper" in and institution of higher learning about religion, or any related topic. So all in all, you FAILED yet again to actually address the POINT. The POINT is you are no Christian. You views are not orthodox, and are in compliance with no known sect of Christianity. You have made up your own cult. You are not a Christian, except by your OWN definition.

Historically, one of the defining hallmarks of Christianity is that it comes only in "communities". .... not in "individual flavors". The faith community is the arbiter of the truth of religious experience. (It's one of the reasons Mormonism went so off the rails ... no community to keep Old Joe on track). Christianity does not come in "individual" packets.

Preach it my atheist brother, tell us Christians, what it means to self-identify as a Christian, what apostate and orthodox beliefs are, and remind us how we're suppose to take you seriously.

But I'd like to hear more about which self-identifying Christians, you'd claim are not. John Dominic Crossan? Marcus Borg? MLK? Rene Girard? Dostoevsky? Oscar Romero? Desmond Tutu? How about Donald Trump? Christian or not Christian?

I've told you more than once, I'm not an atheist. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism
Nice try. You STILL have addressed no points. Just cooked up more straw men to deflect from you ignorance. I never said ONE word about apostates, dear. Calm down. Breathe. YOU are the one who brought up this "serious" shit. I totally refuted your position about taking atheists IN GENERAL seriously, by pointing out that the major religious universities in this country employ many non-believers.
YOU have never once presented here any academic paper on ANY religious or theological, or historical subject. You are incompetent in the field of religion or history.

Most of the people you ask about belong to religious communities. You FAILED to understand the POINT. You are a one-shot wonder. You are no Christian.
You tell yourself you are, as you are "polluted" and "warped", (sound familiar dear ?)

Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
29-06-2016, 12:24 PM
(29-06-2016 12:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 12:11 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Preach it my atheist brother, tell us Christians, what it means to self-identify as a Christian, what apostate and orthodox beliefs are, and remind us how we're suppose to take you seriously.

But I'd like to hear more about which self-identifying Christians, you'd claim are not. John Dominic Crossan? Marcus Borg? MLK? Rene Girard? Dostoevsky? Oscar Romero? Desmond Tutu? How about Donald Trump? Christian or not Christian?

I've told you more than once, I'm not an atheist. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism
Nice try. You STILL have addressed no points. Just cooked up more straw men to deflect from you ignorance. I never said ONE word about apostates, dear. Calm down. Breathe. YOU are the one who brought up this "serious" shit. I totally refuted your position about taking atheists IN GENERAL seriously, by pointing out that the major religious universities in this country employ many non-believers.
YOU have never once presented here any academic paper on ANY religious or theological, or historical subject.

Most of the people you ask about belong to religious communities. You FAILED to understand the POINT. You are a one-shot wonder. You are no Christian.
You tell yourself you are, as you are "polluted" and "warped", (sound familiar dear ?)

Big Grin

lol, you claimed I'm not a Christian. I want to know what other self-identifying Christians you claim are not Christians:

Donald Trump?

MLK?

Dietrich Bonhoeffer?

John Dominic Crossan?

I'm curious.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
29-06-2016, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2016 12:50 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(29-06-2016 12:24 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 12:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I've told you more than once, I'm not an atheist. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism
YOU have never once presented here any academic paper on ANY religious or theological, or historical subject.

Big Grin

lol, you claimed I'm not a Christian. I want to know what other self-identifying Christians you claim are not Christians:

Donald Trump?

MLK?

Dietrich Bonhoeffer?

John Dominic Crossan?

I'm curious.

Fuck you Tommy Boy. Big Grin
You are no Christian, by definition.

And I want to know what you think you're doing here, as you have just basically confirmed you have absolutely no respect for what non-believers have to say about anything.

You paste in ONE major paper on a religious or theological or historical position you have ever once written ... and I'll think about your question.
Meanwhile, Tommy The Amateur Religionist Who Pretends To Be A Christian,
Get lost .... I'm not goin' down your rabbit hole.

Laugh out load Laugh out load

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
29-06-2016, 12:51 PM
(29-06-2016 12:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 12:24 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  lol, you claimed I'm not a Christian. I want to know what other self-identifying Christians you claim are not Christians:

Donald Trump?

MLK?

Dietrich Bonhoeffer?

John Dominic Crossan?

I'm curious.

Fuck you Tommy Boy. Big Grin
You are no Christian, by definition.

Like I thought.

You claim to have a criteria in which you get to accuse self-identifying Christians of being Christian or not.

Yet are unwilling to extend it's application. And can't even answer whether Donald Trump is a Christian or not. Or whether someone like John Dominic Crossan is a Christian. A cat get your tongue?

Quote:And I want to know what you think you're doing here,

Because you're so fucking cute, I can't resist.

29-06-2016, 12:53 PM
(29-06-2016 12:51 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Because you're so fucking cute, I can't resist.

That's what I thought. Facepalm

I'll give ya one though. Bonheoffer.
He was an atheist. He said so.
I bet they never told you that in Fundie School.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid171915

ONE paper, Tommy. Show us ONE paper you ever wrote on ANY subject.

29-06-2016, 12:56 PM
(29-06-2016 12:51 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  You claim to have a criteria in which you get to accuse self-identifying Christians of being Christian or not.

Hi. I'm Bob and I am a Christian atheist.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-06-2016, 01:04 PM
Fuck this posting glitch!!! Angry

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
29-06-2016, 01:04 PM
(29-06-2016 12:51 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  You claim to have a criteria in which you get to accuse self-identifying Christians of being Christian or not.

I do. They are members of communities. Christian communities. I already told you that. Christianity does not come in individual flavors.
But you never took Theology, so how could you know. You told us you knew about early Christianity. I see that was a lie.

29-06-2016, 01:12 PM
(29-06-2016 01:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

I do. They are members of communities. Christian communities. I already told you that. Christianity does not come in individual flavors.
But you never took Theology, so how could you know. You told us you knew about early Christianity. I see that was a lie.

So the unchurched self-identifying Christians of America, who are not a part of any real Christian community, are not Christians? Donald Trump, and the large swath of his unchurched supporters who claim to be Christian, are not then right ?

If I'm part of a Christian community, that accepts me, and I self-identify as a Christian, then I am a christian?