The Religion Of Tomasia-What is this ROT?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2016, 01:25 PM
RE: The Religion Of Tomasia-What is this ROT?
(29-06-2016 01:12 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 01:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I do. They are members of communities. Christian communities. I already told you that. Christianity does not come in individual flavors.
But you never took Theology, so how could you know. You told us you knew about early Christianity. I see that was a lie.

So the unchurched self-identifying Christians of America, who are not a part of any real Christian community, are not Christians? Donald Trump, and the large swath of his unchurched supporters who claim to be Christian, are not then right ?

If I'm part of a Christian community, that accepts me, and I self-identify as a Christian, then I am a christian?

Just as I thought. You never took a theology class, and you really know nothing about the basics of the religion you clam as your own.

You REALLY need a class in this also : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_(logic)

So I take it, you never wrote any serious paper in Fundie School ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
29-06-2016, 01:34 PM
(29-06-2016 01:12 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 01:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I do. They are members of communities. Christian communities. I already told you that. Christianity does not come in individual flavors.
But you never took Theology, so how could you know. You told us you knew about early Christianity. I see that was a lie.

So the unchurched self-identifying Christians of America, who are not a part of any real Christian community, are not Christians? Donald Trump, and the large swath of his unchurched supporters who claim to be Christian, are not then right ?

If I'm part of a Christian community, that accepts me, and I self-identify as a Christian, then I am a christian?

Not specifically or certainly no. Partly because it's a blanket stupid term with no set meaning or different meanings to groups of folks.

Someone could be apart of a homosexual community, be accepted by the community, and self identify as homosexual but not be homosexual. At no point do those scenarios specifically describe the notions of what it would qualify as to be of the group. That person may have zero sexual or emotional attraction to those of the same sex[or any sex] and may of never experienced homosexual relations.

That criteria is too loose.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
29-06-2016, 01:48 PM
(29-06-2016 01:25 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 01:12 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  So the unchurched self-identifying Christians of America, who are not a part of any real Christian community, are not Christians? Donald Trump, and the large swath of his unchurched supporters who claim to be Christian, are not then right ?

Just as I thought. You never took a theology class, and you really know nothing about the basics of the religion you clam as your own.

You REALLY need a class in this also : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_(logic)

I don't want to share information about the peer reviewed articles I wrote, while I working towards my doctorate at the prestigious Patriot University in Del Norte, That would involve disclosing my personal information, and with the rampant christian prosecution in my hometown, for safety reasons this wouldn't be prudent to the well being of my wife, or my young puppy whose only in the beginning stages of being potty trained.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
29-06-2016, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2016 02:13 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(29-06-2016 01:48 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 01:25 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Just as I thought. You never took a theology class, and you really know nothing about the basics of the religion you clam as your own.

I don't want to share information about the peer reviewed articles I wrote, while I working towards my doctorate at the prestigious Patriot University in Del Norte, That would involve disclosing my personal information, and with the rampant christian prosecution in my hometown, for safety reasons this wouldn't be prudent to the well being of my wife, or my young puppy whose only in the beginning stages of being potty trained.

"Patriot Bible University, formerly known as Patriot University, is an unaccredited Independent Baptist correspondence school.
located in Del Norte, Colorado which issues religious degrees only.
Weeping

That does explain a lot.
And BTW. Your boy Deitrich ... still think he was a "Christian" ?
How about you just tell us the two or three essential elements that allow someone to apply that definition.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
29-06-2016, 02:49 PM
(29-06-2016 02:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That does explain a lot.
How about you just tell us the two or three essential elements that allow someone to apply that definition.

Yes, you idiot Dietrich not only was a christian, but a fairly conservative orthodox one.
I know you hear him using terms like religionlessness, and get all excited, and make ridiculous claims about his supposed atheism.

He expands on these concepts in his letter a great deal, at Eberhart request.

Here are some of those expansion of the ideas here:

"The 'heart' in the biblical sense is not the
inner life, but the whole man in relation to God. But as a man lives
just as much from 'outwards' to 'inwards' as from 'inwards' to
'outwards', the view that his essential nature can be understood
only from his intimate spiritual background is wholly erroneous.
I therefore want to start from the premise that God shouldn't
be smuggled into some last secret place, but that we should
frankly recognize that the world, and people, have come of age,
that we shouldn't run man down in his worldliness, but confront
him with God at his strongest point, that we should give up all our
clerical tricks, and not regard psychotherapy and existentialist
philosophy as God's pioneers. The importunity of all these people
is far too unaristocratic for the Word of God to ally itself with
them. The Word of God is far removed from this revolt of mistrust,
this revolt from below. "

But apparently this all sounds to you like an Atheist?

Bonhoeffer is regarded as part of the orthodox christian, who tend to adore, and read his works quite extensively. I doubt many of them would consider him an apostate, or unorthodox. But I guess you know more about what constitutes as orthodox and unorthodox that actual orthodox believers.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
29-06-2016, 03:06 PM
(29-06-2016 02:49 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

Yes, you idiot Dietrich not only was a christian, but a fairly conservative orthodox one.
I know you hear him using terms like religionlessness, and get all excited, and make ridiculous claims about his supposed atheism.

Bonhoeffer is regarded as part of the orthodox christian, who tend to adore, and read his works quite extensively. I doubt many of them would consider him an apostate, or unorthodox. But I guess you know more about what constitutes as orthodox and unorthodox that actual orthodox believers.

No, it sounds like a Jewish believer or Muslim.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
29-06-2016, 03:23 PM
The Religion Of Tomasia-What is this ROT?
"He must therefore really live in the godless world, without attempting to gloss over or explain its godliness in some relig­ious way or other. He must live a 'secular' life, and thereby share in God's sufferings. . He may live a 'secular' life (as one who has been freed of false religious obligations and inhibitions). To be a Christian does not mean to be religious in a particular way, to make something of oneself(a sinner, a penitent, or a saint ) on the basis of some method or other, but to be a man - not a type of man, but the man that Christ creates in us. It is not the religious act that makes the Christian, but participation on in the suffering of God in the secular life. That is metanoia: not in the first place thinking about one's needs, problems, sins, and fears, but allowing one­ self to be caught up into the way of Jesus Christ"

Such an atheists right Bucky?

And you wonder why I don't put much stock in what you define as Christian and not Christian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29-06-2016, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2016 04:13 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(29-06-2016 02:49 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

I know what Bonheoffer wrote in his books, and what he said. YOU read it. You have not refuted ONE thing he actually said. I know how MISTAKENLY Christians assume he was one of them. The quotes I provided in my piece PROVE he did not believe what they think he did.

You forgot to tell us three essential elements that make for a definition of a Christian.

29-06-2016, 03:58 PM

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
29-06-2016, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2016 04:29 PM by Bucky Ball.)
I don't know what the hell they taught you in Babble School, but THIS is no "orthodox conservative" anything :

"So how do I know he was no Christian ?

Bonhoeffer, (in the same way some of the nuns of the LCWR talk about a "post-Christian era"), talked about "moving towards a completely religion-less time", (p.279). He was aware, in his thinking that if the "a priori" foundations of Christianity, were really not the "a priori", that they thought, then the lack invalidates the later forms. It is somewhat tragic he was actually never aware of current, (even at that time), Biblical Archaeology, as it supports his ideas, 100 %. However having attended Tubingen, he must have been exposed to some of it.
"What does that mean ?", he asks. ""It means the foundation is taken away from the whole ...", p.280. He realized his time was running out on his last task, that of "secularizing" God, which he begun to do, and re-interpreting the Bible in that light.
"The god who is with us, is the god who forsakes us". (p. 360 ). "Etsi deus non daretur", (we must live as if god did not exist).

He talks about being influenced by, Karl Barth (1886-1968). Bonhoeffer readily acknowledged "the debt he owes to liberal theology." He said it was impossible to know any objective truth about Christ's real nature and said God was dead. Moreover, Bonhoeffer believed that the (new) "true" Christian was one who immersed his life in the secular world, becoming a secular "Christian". Rejecting the objective unalterable moral standards of the Bible, Bonhoeffer also proclaimed a "situational ethics", (which "raged" as the topic of the day back when, in the 50's-60's) - that right and wrong are determined solely by the "loving obligations of the moment", p. 9-12 and 378; (also Ethics, pp. 38, 186; and No Rusty Swords, pp. 44-45).

All the letters are quite good-natured. He seemed a happy fellow. I suspect this may be one of the reason Christians have not given him up, as an apostate. He continues to talk in religious terms, but after reading his definitions, they simply are not. This is somewhat humorous, as even "Christianity Today" praises him. He said : "the concept of God as a "supreme Being, absolute in power and goodness," was a "spurious conception of transcendence," and that "God as a working hypothesis in morals, politics, and science ... should be dropped, or as far as possible eliminated" ! That ain't no Christian. (He also denied the Virgin Birth, The Cost of Discipleship, p. 215). He was an evolutionist (No Rusty Swords, p. 143), and believed that the book of Genesis was scientifically naive and full of myths (Creation and Fall: A Theological Interpretation of Genesis 1-3). He denied the "verbal-plenary" inspiration of scripture, believing that the Bible was only a "witness" to the Word of God and becomes the Word of God only when it "speaks" to an individual; otherwise, it was simply the word of man/men (Testimony to Freedom, pp. 9, 104; Sanctorum Communio, p. 161). To Bonhoeffer, the Bible was meant "to be expounded as a witness, not as a book of wisdom, a teaching book, a book of eternal truth" (No Rusty Swords, p. 118). He also believed in the value of higher criticism/historical criticism, which is a denial of the inerrancy and authenticity of the Bible (Christ the Center, pp. 73-74). He had no faith in the physical resurrection of Christ. Bonhoeffer believed the "historicity" of the Resurrection was in "the realm of ambiguity," and that it was one of the "mythological" elements of Christianity that "must be interpreted in such a way as not to make religion a pre-condition of faith." He also believed that "Belief in the Resurrection is not the solution of the problem of death," and that such things as miracles and the ascension of Christ were "mythological conceptions" as well (Christ the Center, p. 112). I wonder if Christianity Today ever read anything he wrote ? "

Conservative, orthodox ? Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

I GUARANTEE no orthodox Baptist conservative pastor would repeat those words from the pulpit on any Sunday. If they did, they would get fired, AND YOU KNOW IT.
Just proof, that you actually are as intellectually dishonest as they come, and you would try to squirm and weasel out of anything.