The Religion Of Tomasia-What is this ROT?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2016, 04:11 PM
RE: The Religion Of Tomasia-What is this ROT?
(29-06-2016 03:23 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  "He must therefore really live in the godless world, without attempting to gloss over or explain its godliness in some relig­ious way or other. He must live a 'secular' life, and thereby share in God's sufferings. . He may live a 'secular' life (as one who has been freed of false religious obligations and inhibitions). To be a Christian does not mean to be religious in a particular way, to make something of oneself(a sinner, a penitent, or a saint ) on the basis of some method or other, but to be a man - not a type of man, but the man that Christ creates in us. It is not the religious act that makes the Christian, but participation on in the suffering of God in the secular life. That is metanoia: not in the first place thinking about one's needs, problems, sins, and fears, but allowing one­ self to be caught up into the way of Jesus Christ"

Such an atheists right Bucky?

And you wonder why I don't put much stock in what you define as Christian and not Christian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the very least, he attempted to redefine the term.
Yes, he was an atheist.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2016, 04:38 PM
(29-06-2016 05:01 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Tomasia has stated that the Religion Of Tomasia (ROT) doesn't depend on Jesus' existence.
I'm a bit confused by this thread because in a previous thread, I challenged Tomasia because I thought he was making up his own religion and he responded that he did in fact belong to a church organisation, I think it was SDA.
So perhaps he was lying, or telling me half truths. Oh well.
29-06-2016, 04:46 PM
Does one qualify Thomas Jefferson and many other 19th century folks like these guys as christians when their expounded beliefs are mentioned?

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
29-06-2016, 06:05 PM
The Religion Of Tomasia-What is this ROT?
(29-06-2016 04:38 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I'm a bit confused by this thread because in a previous thread, I challenged Tomasia because I thought he was making up his own religion and he responded that he did in fact belong to a church organisation, I think it was SDA.

Seventh Day Adventist? Yea it seems you must have confused me with someone else. Anything I've said here, I've said to you as well in past conversations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
29-06-2016, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2016 10:55 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(26-06-2016 05:52 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I'm not emotionally dependent on a historical Jesus, my religious beliefs aren't dependent on a historical Jesus, even if he didn't exist they'd be fine.

(29-06-2016 08:38 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Yes, I do believe the resurrection.

So let me get this right....
[Image: tumblr_inline_mw9m7h7dP31s1gkd9.gif]

Your religious belief that Jesus Christ died and was resurrected as an actual event requiring an actual person is not dependent on there being an actual person to kill and resurrect?
*sigh*
I can't even tell if you were lying to me earlier or if you are so lost to cognitive dissonance that you think a person doesn't actually need to exist in order to be killed and raised from the dead.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 7 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
29-06-2016, 08:45 PM
(29-06-2016 01:48 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 01:25 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Just as I thought. You never took a theology class, and you really know nothing about the basics of the religion you clam as your own.

You REALLY need a class in this also : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_(logic)

So I take it, you never wrote any serious paper in Fundie School ?

I don't want to share information about the peer reviewed articles I wrote, while I working towards my doctorate at the prestigious Patriot University in Del Norte, That would involve disclosing my personal information, and with the rampant christian prosecution in my hometown, for safety reasons this wouldn't be prudent to the well being of my wife, or my young puppy whose only in the beginning stages of being potty trained.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Laugh out load
Hahahahahahababababahabahahahahahabah Laugh out load

Fucking moron is getting scammed!!!!!!!

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
29-06-2016, 09:06 PM
(29-06-2016 01:48 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 01:25 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Just as I thought. You never took a theology class, and you really know nothing about the basics of the religion you clam as your own.

You REALLY need a class in this also : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_(logic)

So I take it, you never wrote any serious paper in Fundie School ?

I don't want to share information about the peer reviewed articles I wrote, while I working towards my doctorate at the prestigious Patriot University in Del Norte, That would involve disclosing my personal information, and with the rampant christian prosecution in my hometown, for safety reasons this wouldn't be prudent to the well being of my wife, or my young puppy whose only in the beginning stages of being potty trained.

Prestigious? Is that supposed to be humor? Consider

"Patriot Bible University, formerly known as Patriot University, is an unaccredited Independent Baptist correspondence school located in Del Norte, Colorado which issues religious degrees only."

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-06-2016, 09:14 PM
(29-06-2016 09:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 01:48 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  I don't want to share information about the peer reviewed articles I wrote, while I working towards my doctorate at the prestigious Patriot University in Del Norte, That would involve disclosing my personal information, and with the rampant christian prosecution in my hometown, for safety reasons this wouldn't be prudent to the well being of my wife, or my young puppy whose only in the beginning stages of being potty trained.

Prestigious? Is that supposed to be humor? Consider

"Patriot Bible University, formerly known as Patriot University, is an unaccredited Independent Baptist correspondence school located in Del Norte, Colorado which issues religious degrees only."

There are only two options:
1) he's a fucking excellent troll
2) he really really fucking stupid. Beyond even our wildest assumptions.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
29-06-2016, 09:21 PM
(29-06-2016 01:48 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  I don't want to share information about the peer reviewed articles I wrote, while I working towards my doctorate at the prestigious Patriot University

Why is it that the "lipstick on a pig" quote comes to mind ? Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
29-06-2016, 10:53 PM
(29-06-2016 06:05 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 04:38 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I'm a bit confused by this thread because in a previous thread, I challenged Tomasia because I thought he was making up his own religion and he responded that he did in fact belong to a church organisation, I think it was SDA.

Seventh Day Adventist? Yea it seems you must have confused me with someone else. Anything I've said here, I've said to you as well in past conversations.
I'm pretty damn sure it was you, 'cause I remember being surprised that you disclosed information as to which church you had attended. I definitely remember challenging you prior to that, stating that you've just made up your own religion.

But perhaps it wasn't SDA, maybe something else.

Anyway, it seems I was correct in my previous statement that you've just made up your own religion. You're the pope and the congregation all rolled up into one.
But Christianity is like that. Seems people don't care what you believe, or why you believe as long as you pledge allegiance to the name "Jesus Christ".
Jesus isn't a person with whom you can know and love. "Jesus" is a brand name. Much like people going to war carrying a flag. It is a symbol, a colour, a name, a shape. Whatever it is, it is merely a focus point, something to which you can claim an allegiance to and feel part of a group with others who also pledge allegiance to that same symbol, it also allows you to know your enemy, which is those people that don't pledge allegiance to that symbol. Kind'a like following a professional sport's team, you end up supporting those colours, that name, that mascot. It is just imagery.
Very different from having a relationship with an actual someone. I would love my wife even if she worked for a different company, even if she changed her name, even if she changed her nationality, her clothes etc. My relationship is with her rather than her name.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post