The Religion Of Tomasia-What is this ROT?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2016, 02:13 PM
RE: The Religion Of Tomasia-What is this ROT?
(30-06-2016 12:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The idea that you and Bonhoeffer are in the same company is as laughable as your saying that idiot fake college is "prestigious". You FORGOT to reference your Bonhoeffer quotes.

I'm surprised you didn't recognize them, since they were primarily from the same exact letters you quote mined.

Like here: Bucky: "He said : "[u][b]the concept of God as a "supreme Being, absolute in power and goodness," was a "spurious conception of transcendence," and that "God as a working hypothesis in morals, politics, and science ... should be dropped, or as far as possible eliminated"

In which he goes on to expand:

"“And we cannot be honest unless we recognize that we have to live in the world etsi deus non daretur. And this is just what we do recognize - before God ! God himself compels us to recognize it. So our coming of age leads us to a true recognition of our situation before God. God would have us know that we must live as men who manage our lives without him. The God who is with us is the God who forsakes us (Mark 15.34)The God who lets us live in the world without the working hypothesis of God is the God before whom we stand continually. Before God and with God we live without God. God lets himself be pushed out of the world on to the cross. He is weak and powerless in the world, and that is precisely the way, the only way, in which he is with us and helps us. Matt. 8. 17  makes it quite clear that Christ helps us, not by virtue of his omnipotence, but by virtue of his weakness and suffering."

You like the creationist who quote mines Darwin's eye passage, butchered Bonhoeffer's writings. You clearly don't have clue what he means by religionless Christianity, a godless age, etc. And wouldn't even know where to start with interpreting his larger points of his letters. Rather you wanna settle for your ridiculous interpretation, that would make pretty much any Bonhoeffer scholar groan, claiming he was an atheist.

Quote:matters a LOT when he said what, especially since he LOST his faith.

Which would be news to Bonhoeffer scholars, lol.

He puts the notes of some his final letters, stuff that would make the crowd that claims christianity is not a religion, but a relationship, proud:

"But how, ifChr[istianity] were not a religion at all?
Worldly, non-religious interpretation of Christian concepts.
Christianity arises from the enco[unter] with a particular man :
Jesus. Experience of transcendence"

Here are some other snippets from his final letters prior to his death:

July/August 1944

"how great a power there is in a
hope that is based on certainty, and how invincible a life with such
a hope is. 'Christ our hope' - this Pauline formula is the strength of
our lives."

July/1944

"By this-worldliness
I mean living unreservedly in life's duties, problems,
successes and failures, experiences and perplexities. In so doing we
throw ourselves completely into the arms of God, taking seriously,
not our own sufferings, but those of God in the world - watching
with Christ in Gethsemane. That, I think, is faith; that is metanoia ;
and that is how one becomes a man and a Christian ( Jer. 45 !).
How can success make us arrogant, or failure lead us astray, when
we share in God's sufferings through a life of this kind"

July/1944

"Just one more point for today. When we speak of God in a
'non-religious' way, we must speak of him in such a way that the
godlessness of the world is not in some way concealed, but rather
revealed, and thus exposed to an unexpected light."

July/1944

Quote: He had no faith in the physical resurrection of Christ. He also believed that "Belief in the Resurrection is not the solution of the problem of death," and that such things as miracles and the asceBonhoeffer believed the "historicity" of the Resurrection was in "the realm of ambiguity," and that it was one of the "mythological" elements of Christianity that "must be interpreted in such a way as not to make religion a pre-condition of faith."

Lol, even more quote mining on your part.

Quote:I know more about religion that you do Tommy. I actually go to a REAL school.
I stand by what I said, NO pastor of ANY tradition, anywhere would repeat the things I listed from "Letters and Papers from Prison" from the pulpit, and remain in the employ of ANY church.

He said those things at the END of his life. You, Tommy Boy, can't make black into white with the wave of your magical Jebus wand.

And no Bonhoeffer scholar, semi-competent reader of Bonhoeffer would ever suggest that he became an atheist prior to his death, like some sort of inverse death bed conversion. He belongs to the handful of universally adored Christian thinkers, and writers, like Reinhold Neibhlur, Marilynn Robinson, Soren Kierkegaard, challenging, and not easily boxed into one tradition over the other, but undeniably Christian nonetheless. Infatuated with it in fact, even until his death.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2016, 02:31 PM
(30-06-2016 01:18 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Your focus point isn't a person. You don't know any Jesus.
Your focus is a label "Jesus". There was never a Jesus, but perhaps a Yeshua. but even if he existed, you didn't know him either.

No it is a person, the Jesus of the Gospels. Who embodies a message, values, and sense of life, that believers are to aspire to. And that is the focus point.

Quote:You guys have no idea what Yeshua was like, you have no idea of what his morals were.

If there's another Jesus unlike the one described in the Gospels, don't no-one give a shit about him, lol. It's the one of the gospels who spoke of the kingdom of God, the sermon on the mount, who dined with sinners and tax collectors, and died on the cross.

Quote:Don't the stories say that "Jesus" came to bring violence?
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword"
Why do you Tomasia as a self professed christian tell me that you are about peace? If you want to be Christ-like perhaps you ought to bring war, drive families apart.

No, I'm not about any sort of false sense of peace, the sort that appeals to individuals such as yourself. And I'm all about the sort of truth, that threatens to tear the complacencies of families apart, that sets the things asunder.

Quote:"For I have come to turn "'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law-"

But of course, you are free to translate that to mean the complete opposite of what the words actually say.

No, I see it as meaning what it means.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
30-06-2016, 02:46 PM
(29-06-2016 09:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 01:48 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  I don't want to share information about the peer reviewed articles I wrote, while I working towards my doctorate at the prestigious Patriot University in Del Norte, That would involve disclosing my personal information, and with the rampant christian prosecution in my hometown, for safety reasons this wouldn't be prudent to the well being of my wife, or my young puppy whose only in the beginning stages of being potty trained.

Prestigious? Is that supposed to be humor? Consider

"Patriot Bible University, formerly known as Patriot University, is an unaccredited Independent Baptist correspondence school located in Del Norte, Colorado which issues religious degrees only."

And in a single revealing use of an otherwise innocuous adjective you have thoroughly discredited yourself. You should've kept that info private.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-06-2016, 02:53 PM
LOL... at least we've shut Tomasia up with his mail-order doctorate apparently being binned.

[Image: Fake_degree_packages_MBA_Law_MD_Ph_D_MS_Div.png]

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
30-06-2016, 03:05 PM
(30-06-2016 02:53 PM)SYZ Wrote:  LOL... at least we've shut Tomasia up with his mail-order doctorate apparently being

Leave it to those without Ph.Ds to speak badly of those with Ph. Ds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30-06-2016, 03:06 PM
(30-06-2016 02:31 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(30-06-2016 01:18 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Your focus point isn't a person. You don't know any Jesus.
Your focus is a label "Jesus". There was never a Jesus, but perhaps a Yeshua. but even if he existed, you didn't know him either.

No it is a person, the Jesus of the Gospels. Who embodies a message, values, and sense of life, that believers are to aspire to. And that is the focus point.
You don't know the person. You've never met him, never had a conversation with him. You have never interacted with him. You worship the name "Jesus" even though this person (if he existed) was supposedly called Yeshua. It's just a name.
You know the saying "a rose by any other name would smell as sweet". For Christian's it is the name that is all important, 'cause that's all you have. There is no person for you to worship.
Quote:You guys have no idea what Yeshua was like, you have no idea of what his morals were.

If there's another Jesus unlike the one described in the Gospels, don't no-one give a shit about him, lol. It's the one of the gospels who spoke of the kingdom of God, the sermon on the mount, who dined with sinners and tax collectors, and died on the cross.
[/quote]
Just un-verified stories, written by people who never knew yeshua. Great that you like the stories and what is written about the character Yeshua or Jesus but you don't actually know Jesus. You worship a name only.

(30-06-2016 01:18 PM)Stevil Wrote:  No, I'm not about any sort of false sense of peace, the sort that appeals to individuals such as yourself. And I'm all about the sort of truth, that threatens to tear the complacencies of families apart, that sets the things asunder.
Great, you have your own definition of "Peace" perhaps you ought to capitalise it so we know it is different to the dictionary definition and that in fact your definition of peace includes swords and asunder and pitting family against each other.
BTW, I don't want Christian Peace. No thanks.
(30-06-2016 02:31 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
Quote:"For I have come to turn "'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law-"

But of course, you are free to translate that to mean the complete opposite of what the words actually say.

No, I see it as meaning what it means.
No you don't. If you actually met Jesus, if you actually could meet him in person, you wouldn't be so arrogant as to claim to understand everything you think he said as written in the compiled bible. You would actually sit down with him and discuss stuff, you would get him to clarify and explain.
I mean, if he said, "Who wants to go over the bible with me, perhaps I can answer some questions?" You wouldn't respond, "Nah, thanks for the offer Jesus but I already understand it perfectly clear."
30-06-2016, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2016 03:23 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-06-2016 03:05 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(30-06-2016 02:53 PM)SYZ Wrote:  LOL... at least we've shut Tomasia up with his mail-order doctorate apparently being

Leave it to those without Ph.Ds to speak badly of those with Ph. Ds.

You clearly weren't taught the first rules of holes in your advanced education. You do not have a PhD if no one other than the snake oil salesman who fleeced you out of your money recognizes it. You do not have a PhD if it is not from an accredited university. The fact you think you do is even more discrediting. .... First rule of holes, dude.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-06-2016, 03:25 PM
(30-06-2016 03:06 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Just un-verified stories, written by people who never knew yeshua. Great that you like the stories and what is written about the character Yeshua or Jesus but you don't actually know Jesus. You worship a name only.

Jesus is more than a name, he's the main characters of the Gospels accounts about him. So wouldn't it be more accurate to say I worship the character of Jesus represented by these writings, whether or not this character, or representation of him is faithful to the historical character he was based on? Rather than claiming I worship a name?

30-06-2016, 03:35 PM
(30-06-2016 03:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You clearly weren't taught the first rules of holes in your advanced education. You do not have a PhD if no one other than the snake oil salesman who fleeced you out of your money recognizes it. You do not have a PhD if it is not from an accredited university. The fact you think you do is even more discrediting. .... First rule of holes, dude.

I understand, when you belong to the elite 1% with PhDs, attested to by multiple accreditation agencies, you're always gonna acquire haters among the 99%.

It's why I tend to keep my advance degrees private, rather than reminding others that it's not appropriate to refer to me as anything less than Dr. Tomasia.

I apologize for whatever envy, and resentment emerges among others, as a result of my admission here. I'm still the same Tomasia/Tomato you've always known.

30-06-2016, 03:48 PM
(30-06-2016 03:25 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Jesus is more than a name, he's the main characters of the Gospels accounts about him. So wouldn't it be more accurate to say I worship the character of Jesus represented by these writings, whether or not this character, or representation of him is faithful to the historical character he was based on? Rather than claiming I worship a name?

Almost.
" whether or not this character, or representation of him is faithful to the historical character he was based on?"

Or even whether or not there was an actual person that the Jesus character was based on or whether the character is purely fictional.

I don't really even know what "worship" means. Looking at the dictionary I see
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/worship
"the act of showing respect and love for a god especially by praying with other people who believe in the same god : the act of worshipping God or a god

: excessive admiration for someone
"
Can a someone or a god be a fictional character?

It seems somewhat stalkerish to me to worship someone from afar, 'cause being from afar, you actually don't know that someone (hence you don't actually like/love/or worship an actual person). You simply have a fantasy in your head, it is this fantasy that you worship rather than the actual someone.

Probably no different to worshipping an actor/actress or a sportsperson or a musician that you don't know or any fictional character. You read stuff, be it true or gossip or myth or fiction and you paint a picture, a fantasy in your head.