The Religion of Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2015, 03:02 PM
RE: The Religion of Atheism
(14-05-2015 02:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 02:48 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Well he did break the rules pretty quickly.

No kidding. If I let him stay and left for a bit I would have returned to 25 reported posts. Smile Not to mention, the pm's and emails...

Don't get me wrong. I think you did the right thing banning that Logic ( sorry I have to laugh ) Laugh out load but I'm surprised it was that fast.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2015, 03:04 PM
(14-05-2015 03:02 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 02:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  No kidding. If I let him stay and left for a bit I would have returned to 25 reported posts. Smile Not to mention, the pm's and emails...

Don't get me wrong. I think you did the right thing banning that Logic ( sorry I have to laugh ) Laugh out load but I'm surprised it was that fast.

Moms is our resident ninja, You will not see her coming.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
14-05-2015, 03:09 PM
This is one of my top 5 favorite...I mean most hated christian arguments.

I had a 4 day long 50+ post youtube conversation with a stupid fuck who kept arguing that atheism is a religion.

Anyone that illogical, deluded or just plain fucking retarded cannot possibly be reasoned with. Basically I had to keep repeating myself until I too was guilt of the "argument from repetition fallacy". I kept having to repeat myself over and over and over again because I had absolutely nothing else I could had added to my argument to give it any more information to make it any more clear to him that its not a fucking religion.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
14-05-2015, 04:49 PM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2015 06:38 AM by true scotsman.)
(14-05-2015 01:26 PM)Logic Wrote:  Rather than attack and discredit the religious beliefs of other people,

What's wrong with attacking something that deserves to be attacked?

(14-05-2015 01:26 PM)Logic Wrote:  how about atheists look at themselves in the mirror and define their own personal beliefs?

Already done, and probably a hell of a lot more consciously and thoroughly than 95% of theists have done.

(14-05-2015 01:26 PM)Logic Wrote:  For example, if you do not believe in a creator or God then you must either believe that all matter in the universe has existed forever with no beginning or was magically created from nothing with no creator. Why is your faith superior to any other faith?
Must we? It's funny that you do not have a problem with an eternal, uncaused creator but an eternal uncaused existence is a no go. Funny, that. The idea that existence needs to be explained is fallaciously complex. What would the explanation reference except something that existed. If you reference something that exists to explain existence then you haven't made any progress in explaining existence. You would have to step outside of existence to look for a cause and that cause would be non-existent, silly! Start with what we know exists and go from there. Don't go outside of it to look for a cause. Existence exists and only existence exists.

This is metaphysics 101 stuff here. Easy stuff. I think you need to check your premises.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
14-05-2015, 05:41 PM
(14-05-2015 01:26 PM)Logic Wrote:  For example, if you do not believe in a creator or God then you must either believe that all matter in the universe has existed forever with no beginning or was magically created from nothing with no creator.

Who says I believe in matter? Or the universe for that matter? ... just my mutterings and musings to a dead man.

#sigh
14-05-2015, 08:30 PM
I'm always amused when people who believe that some god just "poofed" everything into existence without any additional explanation accuse people who disagree with them of "believing in magic."

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
[+] 3 users Like TheMrBillShow's post
14-05-2015, 08:39 PM
(14-05-2015 02:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 02:27 PM)Leo Wrote:  But why Logic (Laugh out load )was banned ? The Q guy and Call of the wild guys are trolling big time in this forums. Maybe there is a rule about not more than 2 trolls at once ?

Please show me where either have essentially copy and pasted the same or very similar few lines over and over to different people.

It would be funny if we could make some type of software that stops any biblical content from being posted. Laugh out load

Oh the theist wailing would be music to my ears!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
14-05-2015, 09:08 PM
I thought this would have been a thought-provoking view of new age atheism in British-influenced nations having atheism emulate the structure of religion, but I guess not. This reminds me of the stupid threads from Atheist Forums.
14-05-2015, 10:23 PM
(14-05-2015 09:08 PM)Dunkleweizen Wrote:  I thought this would have been a thought-provoking view of new age atheism in British-influenced nations having atheism emulate the structure of religion, but I guess not. This reminds me of the stupid threads from Atheist Forums.

You don't seem to like it here. You're free to leave at any time.
15-05-2015, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2015 01:11 AM by Astreja.)
(14-05-2015 09:08 PM)Dunkleweizen Wrote:  I thought this would have been a thought-provoking view of new age atheism in British-influenced nations having atheism emulate the structure of religion, but I guess not.

The only "thought-provoking" thing about it is the phenomenon of believers using the tu quoque fallacy to describe atheists.

Seriously, what good does it do to say "Well, you're religious, too! Neener neener neener"? It's unimaginative, it's demonstrably false in the sense that there is no worship involved in being an atheist, and it doesn't get us any closer to finding the gods that the believers want atheists to worship.

I'm consistently baffled as to why a believer would want a non-believer to pretend to believe and pretend to worship. Huh
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Astreja's post